Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Cuts and Shuts

Edge

• 2 months later...

Make it a preview of things to come (unfortunately), call em Ant and Dec...

A long way down my to do list (lots of once-existing steam locos that my scenario legitimately demands) I have an old Kitmaster Deltic body (now superseded by the NRM/Bach model) and a pair of US Bo Bo chassis. Chop the DP1 body in half, pop them on the chassis for a pair of carbody single cab US style 'A' units...

• RMweb Premium

I shall ignore your naming suggestion which is more appropriate for the two halves of a Turbostar (which is which - who can remember?).

An East Coast Blue Pullman is another matter however, top and tail of course.  Or were you thinking of Quad-Arts?

post-6813-0-60952100-1363453273_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

The Fell had four engines for traction and two auxiliaries: make all of them Deltics and you've got my vote. Still waay too pretty for a Fell though.

Pullman Deltic now slightly improved with added fraudulin:

post-6813-0-72944100-1363735126_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 17

I shall ignore your naming suggestion which is more appropriate for the two halves of a Turbostar (which is which - who can remember?).

SImon, did you spell Turbostar correctly? If it was to be named after Ant & Dec surely there should be a "d" in there?

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A bit late now but to solve the problem of wagons and vans that needed to use tight curves and wagon turntables but still be able to run fast in block freights.

along with conventional buffers and couplings these have special couplings that lock the van body together and then you unlock the bogies so it becomes a bogie vehicle,bodies can be vans or open, can also be loaded and unloaded from the ends if turned 90 degrees at a loading platform.

post-27-0-72140000-1375893103.jpg

• Like 5

A bit late now but to solve the problem of wagons and vans that needed to use tight curves and wagon turntables but still be able to run fast in block freights.

along with conventional buffers and couplings these have special couplings that lock the van body together and then you unlock the bogies so it becomes a bogie vehicle,bodies can be vans or open, can also be loaded and unloaded from the ends if turned 90 degrees at a loading platform.

attachicon.gifvans.JPG

With a bit of reworking Michael, thats actually a pretty da*n good idea.

• 4 months later...

Hey All,

I am absolutely pathetic at Photoshop so I've used MS Paint for this. I'm not sure but I think there are only 2 well known Co-Co AC Electrics on BR (i.e. Class 89 and Class 92) So here is my take on a Co-Co AC Electric locomotive for passenger services. It is done is EWS/First ScotRail livery.

This is my first shot at something like this so please bear that in mind. :)

Thanks in advance for all likes, compliments, criticism and disagrees :P

post-15929-0-80377600-1388050550.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I see what ya did there, I think an 08/9 would make a handy little slug personally.

I don't see how. A slug contains electric traction motors that are powered from the generator on the loco it's coupled to. The 08 and 09 are mechanical transmission locos, and do not have generators for traction motors.