Torsion bars and sandboxes and recessed steps

vac_basher

Could anybody kindly tell me if any of the following are available as 4mm scale plastic/metal castings:

Torsion bars

Sandboxes

Recessed footsteps

I can't seem to find them anywhere! (Not that I really know where to look because I'm new to scratchbuilding)

Thanks in advance!

Right :) I had so much fun making the Minilok I did for the Challenge that now I know I can do it, I'm thinking of doing something a bit more complicated. Therefore I want to have a go at the 1933 Whitworth Armstrong 1-Co-1 pioneer diesel locomotive.

So torsion bars and sandboxes on the frames and steps on the bodyside.

I'm not looking for functioning torsion bars, just cosmetic ones will do. From my calculations I've worked out that, in legnth, they would need to be about 16mm; 12mm; and 15mm, or there abouts.

There only seems to be a handful of photos of the locomotive on the internet, but the torsion bars can be seen quite clearly in some of the available photos.

The thing is I'd already thought about casting my own, but would rather get them ready to go if they're available....

• RMweb Gold

Do you mean the suspension springs when you say torsion bars? The suspension arrangement is clearly visible on the side of the frames but I cannot see anything that would be a torsion bar as used on modern vehicles.

Andi

Archived