moving pepole again/how to make them balence

I am searching for a way of keeping the top half of a moving person upright whilst insuring the legs move my best way of having this working is by putting a counter weight hanging of his crotch which will keep it level but not very realistic to read about the idea go to the link below

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1193-tanvoy-estate/ hope some ideas will spring up thanks _jon

read my past article it may answer your problems.

http://www.rmweb.co....-tanvoy-estate/

hope this answers you mate.

I'll be honest - I'm none the wiser. The diagram to which you refer in another post in this thread doesn't say how you propose to provide the movement. If you share your thoughts on this, then we may be able to help. For example, if it was to be provide by a moving belt beneath the baseboard surface, then a wire between the belt and the fuigure could not only provide the mechanical link but also be extended to provide the support for the figure itself which you want.

And have patience.

Oh, I have plenty - going right though your blog on a Network Rail satilite connection required plenty! :lol:

The figure is drivern round by a track of two electromagnets in one after another with a small gap betwen each then a figure that is made to be flexey yousing pins and then pins in his feet which will atract the figures to the magnets the figures will then go along a set of magnets that will go oof slash on an make the figure walk.

I like the idea but this repetes the faller road system and is not realy an aproch i am supprised it has not been told off because of copyright.

Magnorail uses a totally different method of propulsion.

Faller vehicles have an on-board battery which drives them while they follow a fixed wire buried in the road surface. Magnorail uses a motorised drive belt under the surface which pulls vehicles along by magnetic attraction - hence the name.

The figure is drivern round by a track of two electromagnets in one after another with a small gap betwen each then a figure that is made to be flexey yousing pins and then pins in his feet which will atract the figures to the magnets the figures will then go along a set of magnets that will go oof slash on an make the figure walk.

If you can make that work, I'll be very impressed.

From working with electromagnets while I was doing my degree, I'll say that developing a solution using them won't be simple.

Will you be using them to attract and repel the pins in the feet?

I don't like being negative but I can see there may be a few problems - not only with the arrangments of the magnets themselves but also the sequential nature of powering them and also potentially alternating between attracting and repelling the pins. It won't be just electrics but also programming electronics potentially.

It would probably make an interesting final/third year for an under graduate doing electronic engineering.

Archived