Troels Kirk - Cover Star!

Troels Kirk's "Coast Line Railroad" made the cover of the Spring 2013 catalogue of MicroMark - specifically his harbor scene - which I've never seen finished.

One of the best On30 model railroads. Looks beautiful Troels.

Best, Pete.

I'm curious.  Does that mean that you would not love it, if he had used O scale NG sleepers and spacing?

Ted

Don't be silly of course not. But if you read a lot of US forums its often frowned upon. Especially considering Troels models Maine which is 2' gauge, which is why he finds the standard HO track suitable rather than longer 30" gauge ties.

I use peco 0-16.5 for on30 and that is also sometimes looked down on from some quarters so its just a nice change.

Acceptable?

Regards

Dave

Troel's Line  is  featured  on the  cover  and  inside  0n30 ANNUAL  2013,  which  is a very  good  read    if you are not familiar  with  the publication.

It was good to see it also on the  Micro Mark CAtalogue  received recently  from   the USA( for those looking  for some  scarceish items in the Bachman 0n30 range here in the UK  Micro Mark  have  some ( or did a few weeks back)  remembering of course that you will  be charged 20% VAT + £8.00 service  charge  ,

PS  I also  use  and  have  used  PE|CO 0n30  for  many  years  I find it  acceptable   especially  when  theres a load  of  ballast  used!!

Whilst  talkin 0n30  perhaps  not appropriate  for  this  topic, but has  anyone  any  idea  from  which kit manufacturer(s)  the  buildings illustrated  came  from?

Some  I recently  acquired

post-10539-0-19503800-1367960647.jpg

post-10539-0-88318900-1367960657.jpg

post-10539-0-13162000-1367960705.jpg

Of course. Just wondering if there was particular aspect you found especially appealing vs. the alternative.

Its just refreshing to see someone build something so wonderful with items often seen as wrong. I'm now planning a new layout based in Maine and with a lighthouse, although the lighthouse inspiration has come from another layout although I am in awe of Troels lighthouse.

It was good to see it also on the Micro Mark CAtalogue received recently from the USA( for those looking for some scarceish items in the Bachman 0n30 range here in the UK Micro Mark have some ( or did a few weeks back) remembering of course that you will be charged 20% VAT + £8.00 service charge

If your order minus shipping is less than £15 you won't pay VAT, and under £18 you won't pay import duty.

Hth

The odd thing is I've ordered all sorts of thing from the UK for delivery over in the US and never, NOT ONCE in twenty years I have I had to pay local sales tax (like VAT) at 6.5% or any kind of Excise Tax........

I should keep quiet, really, shouldn't I?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Whilst  talkin 0n30  perhaps  not appropriate  for  this  topic, but has  anyone  any  idea  from  which kit manufacturer(s)  the  buildings illustrated  came  from?

Some  I recently  acquired

If you manage to ID the depot building Steve please let me know as I'd like one for my kit pile for the DRGW layout I'm going to do one day ;)

Its just refreshing to see someone build something so wonderful with items often seen as wrong. I'm now planning a new layout based in Maine and with a lighthouse, although the lighthouse inspiration has come from another layout although I am in awe of Troels lighthouse.

If your order minus shipping is less than £15 you won't pay VAT, and under £18 you won't pay import duty.

Hth

My orders  fro  Micro mark  are  usually  3  figures! s they  dont  escape!!  But  the  last  2 interstingly did not  have  the  shipping  charge  ( around £28) added  to  the  goods  total

Model railway goods are not  subject to import  duty  its  just  20% VAT  apyable ( + service  charge)

anyway  we  digress from the  thread  a bit  here!

Paul

Its a Walthers Golden valley model. They don't stock the O scale version, so its a little scarce. It seems as though it was a 'built up' model is ready to plank.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-2706

Hth

My Depot  is not  Walthers,  for  info  it is  from a Laser  kit  cut,  it is  actaully  exttremely  fragile, If  you look at my phot  and  compare to the  Walthers  photo it will be noted  that  the  windows  are different and the  central canopy is  lower  and the  roof trusses  are not the same!

The dimensions are also different  13.5" x  6.5" x 4.75High to roof line,

Archived