Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

You have been a regular contributor, and definitely meet the requirements. And had you not met them I still love the idea of a mad scientist  :sungum:

On this point....anyone who has contributed here can ask. And incidentally so can anyone who is on our follow list...even if they have not posted. If anyone is nervous they can pm me. But I think the idea of trying to include fellow RMwebbers is superb, and as we will need a lot of figures...and can adjust some of them without too much difficulty....I will consider almost anything......

Obviously sex pests are really not high on the list....but I bet a lot of people would be amused by say a flasher......but please do not go out flashing in order to be one immortalised!!!!

''''oh thought of another......walking the dog....as long as sourcing a particular dog is not difficult.

If another figure can't do it....the gaffer from Kalborough has a good coat that would be the job if painted white

med_gallery_17883_2760_454703.jpgrmweb977kalborough6

It would explain why the workers all look so nervous..... :jester: .

He would need a little medical kit bag......again easy to make, 

Is the hair ok? Or does he need a white mop sticking out at all angles??? :crazy:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

Jaz, Can I have an avatar please? Something agricultural related. I live on an arable farm and help out when I have time.  so, over to you - surprise me. I thought agriculture would be much easier to depict than my current occupation - a student studying computer science - unless you can think of anything computer related - I couldn't.

• Like 1

Well I already have two guys who are sitting on tractors.....perhaps I can work in an iPad, making the iPad or even a laptop would be easy...two plastic rectangles......if your anything like my son.....your not far from a laptop or an iPad  :sungum: Do you want dark hair or light hair? 

med_gallery_17883_3001_29192.jpgrmweb121shepherd3

considering your avatar....I think I have a kitty cat somewhere.....it could be on the tractor engine.....

Edited by Jaz

Yep that sounds familiar - I spend far too much time on my laptop but so do most of the students on my course. I think the clue is in the name of the course.  Can I have dark hair please?

• Like 1

Your easy :sungum: .......I don't think I have seen a poodle though I suppose I could adapt one....is it black or champagne? (PVA and glue? is it the sculpture kind?) The basset hound might be harder.....Although cutting the legs short of a plastic one might be possible...it needs the right head.A man walking his dogs can be fitted in almost anywhere. If popped in long grass I don't even have to address the fact it no longer has any paws.....so sounds like a plan.

• Like 1

Here are my little angels 

I think Noch or Woodland scenics do a Basset hound. Cutting down the legs on another dog is a good idea too> Be interesting to see what you some up with. 

post-12785-0-11053100-1395954366_thumb.jpg

Edited by thebritfarmer
  • Like 1

This dog was do to be my second dobermann, but can be painted as a number of other dogs. I can get another next time I see Langlemodels. The fox can also be painted as other dogs.

med_gallery_17883_3112_144665.jpgrmweb1190langleymodels11

We have a number of cars.

I have the Bachmann trainspotters..so kids in school uniform....which can be recoloured.

I have golfers.

After doing Ian Rush the footballer....another should not be difficult.

if anyone ever played puck in a midsummers night dream...one of the morris dancers has an asses head..... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Well Langley models does do zoo animal giraffe ostriches llamas elephants cats all all sorts, but at present it is not something we plan. I think Thebritfarmer has plans for something along those lines.

I have chickens, cows,pigs,horses, sheep, sheep dogs as I have a couple of farms. Foxes, birds, seagulls, blackbirds, herons,rabbits,badgers,a man with a falcon,a man with a dead pheasant, several fishermen.I have a pony donkeys. dog of various breeds, We never chased down the circus vehicles...which included giraffes and big cats etc.I am more interested in the everyday animals , and regular wildlife.

• Like 2

Firstly as promised the coping stones are 2' 6" x 2" and 4 inches deep.

A detail of the coping stones showing the NER square edged ones and the BR rounded edge ones.  Originally the platforms were edged with recovered stone sleeper blocks that had been split down.

post-4569-0-75304400-1395996823_thumb.jpg

The retaining wall detail as requested, these are standard on the Grosmont section and also on the Esk Valley line as well, large stone blocks topped with a flatter capstone.

post-4569-0-51953100-1395996843_thumb.jpg

Steps that lead up to the turbine house and load inspection area

post-4569-0-68900200-1395996863_thumb.jpg

And as requested photos of the back of the tank house and the area where it meets the river.

post-4569-0-93489900-1395996879_thumb.jpg

post-4569-0-47961800-1395996900_thumb.jpg

post-4569-0-30975500-1395996916_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Boris

Thank you so much!!!!!!! I curved my stones by the slopes (something I have seen before) but will try to adjust them to being straight again.

I've never seen the steps before for the turbine house. And I can add those in.

I've made the top of my platform slightly thicker (but it was a conscious choice because I thick it might be too easy to break otherwise.)

And the colours of the wooded slopes will be really useful. The last one gives a good view of the fence, used in conduction with the google maps view from the bridge. The bonus being you are taking pictures at the time I am representing it, i.e. spring. Otherwise full summer leaf will hide too much detail (though it could be good for hiding mistakes and fudging lack of knowledge LOL)

My calculations had been really off I was considering 4ft long by 3 ft wide.

Am so impressed. :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

As promised........

They are not finished....but well on their way.......

First some DAS

med_gallery_17883_3112_47348.jpgrmweb1254priestmischief1

One smaller ball for the yellow emoticon and one large with some cape reference for the High Priest of Mischief... :D

Add some copper for the hands and light sabres

med_gallery_17883_3112_411155.jpgrmweb1255priestmishcief2

Paint the yellow one white first so he gets a good strong yellow.

med_gallery_17883_3112_337186.jpgrmweb1256priestmischief3

with some pliers twist some copper to hold the sabre and push the copper for the sabre in the hole at the end...a little copydex to fix it.

Push into DAS at hand height.Paint white again so sabre colours are shown off well.

I notice as the High Priest bounces around you get a glimpse of another yellow emoticon so I have rounded his front to show this...the emoticon part will also be white before I add the yellow.

med_gallery_17883_3112_113859.jpgrmweb1257priestmischief4

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I used Humnbrol 33 for the black...but to be honest it is more dark blue....I will finish it with Citadel Abaddon black which to me is a denser colour. It will need to dry first though.

med_gallery_17883_3112_229308.jpgrmweb1258priestmischief5

Add some yellow. again due to handling before dry it is patchy later coats will sort this

And colour the light sabres......

med_gallery_17883_3112_121762.jpgrmweb1259priestmischief6

med_gallery_17883_3112_35302.jpgrmweb1260priestmischief7

And a figure to show the size I chose. Had they been full 4mm figure they would have been very bulky.....Hopefully they will look ok when out on the layout!!!! There need to be on Goathland Station as that is the link with their creator. Once dry, more paint added.....I will look for a spot to show them off....perhaps up on the footbridge....

med_gallery_17883_3112_57959.jpgrmweb1261priesrmischief8

Oh and if I can get figure that will do the job. I'll do a human version of the Darth Vader character against a yellow armoured opponent. They would fit in nicely with the filming activities. These are more like 'The Prisoner' LOL. which was filmed at Portmerion.

I'm back off to the platforms. But the next one to be done will be the mad scientist.

Edited by Jaz

• RMweb Gold

You have been a regular contributor, and definitely meet the requirements. And had you not met them I still love the idea of a mad scientist  :sungum:

On this point....anyone who has contributed here can ask. And incidentally so can anyone who is on our follow list...even if they have not posted. If anyone is nervous they can pm me. But I think the idea of trying to include fellow RMwebbers is superb, and as we will need a lot of figures...and can adjust some of them without too much difficulty....I will consider almost anything......

Obviously sex pests are really not high on the list....but I bet a lot of people would be amused by say a flasher......but please do not go out flashing in order to be one immortalised!!!!

''''oh thought of another......walking the dog....as long as sourcing a particular dog is not difficult.

If another figure can't do it....the gaffer from Kalborough has a good coat that would be the job if painted white

med_gallery_17883_2760_454703.jpgrmweb977kalborough6

It would explain why the workers all look so nervous..... :jester: .

He would need a little medical kit bag......again easy to make, 

Is the hair ok? Or does he need a white mop sticking out at all angles??? :crazy:

Jaz,

Thank you.  The hair as it is is fine, except you could add a little grey.  Rather than a kit bag how about a radiation monitor.  What does that look like?  Let's see if this works?

Radiation monitor  

Box with handle in one hand, probe in the other.  Paint the hands yellow or blue to show rubber gloves.

Have to rush, dinner time