Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

The top of it is a picture of the channel, with various ferry routes shown, but I don't know what the rest of the poster says, although there appears to be a big 1 on it ;)

EDIT: to add, I think the phrase at the bottom of the left-hand poster says something "Passengers" but it's not clear.

attachicon.gifposter-question2.jpg

what routes is it showing ?

Company name.......BR, ?......... became Sealink...

Date.?..ish.

What station wall is it on ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

what routes is it showing ?

Company name.......BR, ?......... became Sealink...

Date.?..ish.

What station wall is it on ?

Hi Dave, 

Date is 1965 - ish

Yes, its British Railways pre Sealink.

Because of the map of the channel, I'm guessing it's one or other of the channel routes, but can only make an informed guess looking at the lines on the map that it might be Newhaven - Dieppe, or possibly Dover - Calais.

The poster is on Bakewell station in Derbyshire, so no real clue from that.

Different approach, where did you source the picture from. Perhaps we can get a more focused view of it, and thus discern an actual word.

Hi Jaz, it's sourced from a private collection which I have been given access to, but that's the biggest I can get it, it's not really the subject of the photo, just a small corner.

Edited by acg_mr

• RMweb Gold

Can you supply the picture where it has not been enlarged..or that part of it.......there may be more pixelation so a sharper image

Jaz, I can't post it on the thread, as it's copyright, but I can send it you by PM if you're able to receive them now?

Nope your mailbox is full ;)

Edited by acg_mr

• RMweb Gold

Al,

Simple question and I would do it for you if I had free access to my laptop.  Have you looked through the companies that sell posters for model railways to see if they are on one of their sheets?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris, yes I tried that, thanks for the suggestion though.

Jaz, Kal, I really didn't mean to hijack your thread with this. I'm sorry.

Please can people respond on my thread if there's any progress with the poster problem.

Thanks

Al.

• Like 1

OK ...  takes big breath [yes, can spell that!].......

.............................   what is  .................. the .................  [here goes] .....   proper pronunciation of Goathland?   .............

.....   runs off the left and dives into small, previously prepared Dugout  .......  :scratchhead: .. :nono: .. :angel:

Exactly as seen, as in Goath hill in Jerusalem. It's not Goat land or Goth land as we often hear from the visitors, you pronounce the th.

• Like 2

Hi Chris, yes I tried that, thanks for the suggestion though.

Jaz, Kal, I really didn't mean to hijack your thread with this. I'm sorry.

Please can people respond on my thread if there's any progress with the poster problem.

Thanks

Al.

Hi

No problem , it is an interesting discussion

I've tried cinque ports / folkeston / map / br  / british rail / rail / railway / all to no avail I'm afraid though i only check the first page of images...but each search gets different stuff no matches i'm afraid.

• RMweb Gold

I've tried cinque ports / folkeston / map / br  / british rail / rail / railway / all to no avail I'm afraid though i only check the first page of images...but each search gets different stuff no matches i'm afraid.

I know, it's most weird.

As you know I've tried to replicate where possible all the posters on the station, and for most things, I've just had to search the NRM database or such sites as "vintagesigns.co.uk", or they've turned up in a Google image search. However, for these two signs, not only have I not found them, I also haven't seen any others with similar colours or format, which is really unusual, as most of these things are to a standard layout.

I have been and deleted some PMs finally.

I have no idea how my message box gets filled up so quickly.... :angel:

some body must suffer from verbal diarrhoea

PM sent

• Like 1

Hi  ..........   re Palls with Ali tomorrow too, .....   yes, as far as SWMBO informs me about I am thinking, so far.......  :angel:  

Note to self do not arrange to meet Boris for lunch.......

...........    surely Boris would be thinking ahead, with problems like that   .......   and would have portable disposal devices to cope with such an overflow   ........   might even share the facilities and save you walking to find the on-site ones  ...    :angel:

what big furry earmuffs???

I think I'd rather brave the ladies.....which on previous visits to the female accommodations at this affairs....it's best to have a strong stomach. I don't plan on drinking much water or anything else!!!! Or else nose plugs may be required.....or a brown bag........ I have always though my sense of smell was not particularly sensitive but these places have proved to me otherwise....They tend to remind me of acg_mrs modelling and it's evocative stains. 

Is anyone else likely to make it to Alexandra Palace? Jcredfer and I have already discussed on PMs arranging a meet. We had this pleasure before.

It would be pleasant to  meet other people. 

It would be pleasant to  meet other people.

As to  Kal and your telephone conv. earlier this week,      it is a no.......

Jules asked me yesterday.......... Still no,

I hope everyone enjoy's themselves tmw.........

Will be attending other events this year though,  Chatham,Kent,

Tinker's Field, ? with the Club layout     "Hythe"   (Kent).

Look on the bright side, modellers are used to using small equipment precisely and 99 times out of 100 hit the target, you go to a wargame show and all projectiles scatter 3D6 inches upon landing....

Edited by Boris
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Unless anything disastrous crops up...we are planning on ally Pally tomorrow. Is anyone else going?

Yes.

Me.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

I     wish!

We went last time we were over. (A bit of strategic planning on my part).

Have fun and don't blow too much cash!

Ooooo, and get lots of pics

Jealous  as hell, Squatch.

Well now

modellers are used to using small equipment precisely and 99 times out of 100 hit the target, you go to a wargame show and all projectiles scatter 3D6 inches upon landing....

it seems that the 1:1 Army can still miss the target by 5 MILES!!  .  according to a report last week ...  :O  :O ...   farmer not best pleased apparently  ... :nono: