Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

thebritfarmer

Too true, living in the US should you see anything appropriate send me a link ;)

Jukebox

Kal had to explain that joke to me.... :scratchhead:

Julian

Always here to make friends happy  :sungum:

Grafaman

Thank you very much, really appreciate the pointers

Julian

how do you load pictures????? With a wave of your wand! You must be a complete hero to mini driver. 

Edited by Jaz

You both have kids, albeit a tad more grown up than Mini Driver now   .............  :search:

You must be a complete hero to mini driver. 

Where does that come from   .........

Driver - cook - washer of clothes - picker of clothes from the floor - provider of season tickets to Theme Parks - carrier of useful items - dish washer - reader of the Potting Shed - transport to parties - past remover of Nappies - snot rag carrier - spare hair band carrier - hairdresser - plaiter of pigtails plaits - shoe cleaner - sock drawer magician - comforter of upset persons - funder of out of school activities - receiver of excessive bouts of frustration - bike teacher abuse victim - receiver of complaints - breakfast provider - computer loan centre - computer glitch repair agent - arm extension for small persons ..........   YES

Respected - appreciated - spoken to politely - ......      hero? :taunt:  -  .........   Err NOPE

J

PS - Hermione would have no need for envy of a single Wand  .........    :secret:

Well I meant you had a bona fide respectable little model railway layout, which you have diversified to include the Harry Potter element, kids!!! They never appreciate all the time, money, love they get until they have their own and even then sometimes only when they make it to rebellious teenagers.

Still the 'sandwich' has both it's serious personna and it's child friendly personna. And considering your space restraints I think you have incorporated some interesting (if not downright hysterically funny) discussions along the way. How is the soil test going? Or must I go the other place for clarification.... :jester:

Kal ordered in some wood and with the help of our younger son, and me running around finding the tools etc. got this far yesterday evening, by end of today it should be put together for our new workbench, I have to say though it looks so good it might get stained varnished and snaffled.......with a couple of bench seats I think alfresco dining....we have a bought picnic table and chairs....but it looks puny against this beast.  One very good off set of building our layout, Kal has seriously improved his wood working skills   :superman:

med_gallery_17883_2781_1751178.jpg

med_gallery_17883_2781_193123.jpg

Hi Both,

I would vote for the Al-fresco dining too  .......   there is little enough chance in this country as it is  ........   grab the opportunity    .....   go on, fill yer boots  ......

particularly as Kal is getting so good, it won't take more than a few minutes to knock up another for a workbench  ....     :butcher:

Kalborough...looks like a thief plans to break into a train!!

I thought it was one of the workers    ..........     had been overdoing the Al-fresco dining and too much Wineing   ...........    :tease:

Have a good weekend  .............  :dancer:

J

• Like 1

I'm

med_gallery_17883_2757_1313460.jpg0069

Coming

med_gallery_17883_2757_1343891.jpg0070

to

med_gallery_17883_2757_1480209.jpg0071

get

med_gallery_17883_2757_838161.jpg0073

you......

med_gallery_17883_2757_1574866.jpg0074

and

med_gallery_17883_2757_669701.jpg

I

med_gallery_17883_2757_65415.jpg0078

just

med_gallery_17883_2757_967005.jpg0083

found

med_gallery_17883_2757_952951.jpg0084

you!!!

med_gallery_17883_2757_135346.jpg0079

Dementors.....Harry Potter......what can I say............blame it on the DAS!!!!!

• Like 4

A couple of people have  pmed (being polite) that they could not work out what was picture and what was plasticard on Ye Olde White Horse, I have managed another elevation so hope this clarifies

med_gallery_17883_2781_1047645.jpg

Also I reiterate, I have scribed the windows for quickness and painted, but in the fullness of time if happy i will either get etched or be cutting a lot of evergreen

1. railmatch concrete 2. humbrol white whilt railmatch wet 3. second layer of white this is making a nice texture.

I'm considering matchesticks and copydex to temporarily hold it together for its initial 3d view once I have enough elevations. Any tried and tested ways would be appreciated, the point being I need to flat it again for final finishing and the window assembly.

• Like 2

nice work there jaz/kal.

the dementor is a nice added touch.

terry

Hi Jaz/Kal

Again, Great Photos mate... Great work carried out by all the family... I Think... Keep up the excellent work...!?!

Jamie

Hybridangel77 / Mr Glebe Junction

Thank you. Im making wands at the moment, getting them smaller and smaller until they don't look silly......if that's possible, a broomstick is also on the list....I must be mad.

7APT7

Thank you, Yeah we'll rope anyone in.....

We have put up some short

on You Tube.

Here is the first

The Heartbeat TV Series tribute area,, Zollywood, part of Arboretum Valley.

Coming out of the train tunnel the view from the railway tracks heading towards Zollywood station / Goathland tribute, turning at the end towards Aidensfield Arms and Scripps garage.

• Like 2

Hi Jaz - like the video, and now a question: What camera did you film that with? It has a "stop motion/tilt and shift" look to it, the way elements come into focus. Quite unusual and very distinctive!

Cheers

Scott

Hi Jaz & Kal,

What a great layout! The artistry is great, with loads of imagination and as said before, fun!! Thats what its all about. You both have a superb layout which I would be proud to own!!

Rich

Edited by bagpipes331