Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Gold

Just been to Newcastle and back for a day trip, well overnight stay.  I saw the yellow class 47 with its yellow train.  Is there more than one?

Lots of class 66s, a few 08s and a class 67.  Also saw the T9 at Didcot.  (What is a Southern loco doing there?)  Lovely machine.  There was also lots of graffiti but only had my phone so would have missed it.  Was going to try harder on the way home until I realised all you would get would be a reflection of me!

• Like 1

Which part of AV were you diverted through  ....................

There was also lots of graffiti but only had my phone so would have missed it.  Was going to try harder on the way home until I realised all you would get would be a reflection of me!

.....................   if you PM'd them Jaz & Kal would have left the lights on for your return journey   .......     :sungum:  :sungum:

• Like 1

Which bit of "Don't even think about it" is difficult to understand.............. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

:jester:

Mick

aaaawwww .....no fun........just imagine me running around laugh like a loon with your loco in my clutches and u in hot pursuit, and Kal wetting himself laughing.......

seriously......Kal watches me like a hawk when handling his beloved locos......he believes I am far too casual about their handling......I would be too scared to touch them in case I messed it up........

you could just imagine me holding the 'top' and the bogie and decoder etc splatted on the floor.... :O  :O  :O

leaning over resulted in this at a strange angle....I could have straightened it.....but the Graffiti wall is nicely displayed....

drunken seagull view perhaps???

med_gallery_17883_2760_641337.jpgrmweb2429wall274

this end of the platform needs to be matched to the recent work at the other end.

Just a suggestion..........................

Why don't you buy.........................

A  Helicopter , R/C  camera fitted drone,for your aerial shot's, all the rage now,  you could, replica,the speed run of the "Flying Scotsman", in b/w ,of course.

Locate lost dog's/cat's, check for disease, atop of your tree's, or..............even order "Take Aways".

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 2

Just a suggestion..........................

Why don't you buy.........................

A  Helicopter , R/C  camera fitted drone,for your aerial shot's, all the rage now,  you could, replica,the speed run of the "Flying Scotsman", in b/w ,of course.

Locate lost dog's/cat's, check for disease, atop of your tree's, or..............even order "Take Aways".

Well we already have the radio controlled 1:72 Tank....we plan to have some of our cars running around (another good reason for swopping to PIR).....

.... .so I think a helicopter has merit......I might need some flying lessons first......If I crash into a loco, or worse a train......Kal might end up radio controlling me!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully not out of a velux loft window for free fall flying lessons  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Breaking News 

I wasn't able to get a good shot as the platform staff spotted me and told me to clear off before I could get a better angle, but it looks as though, in a strange time warp shift,  the Guerrilla Graffiti Artists have been throwing their support behind the current campaign...

post-15693-0-89791300-1404979460.jpg

• Like 1

Oh my goodness, look at that  ...............      :O  :O

the Guerrilla Graffiti Artists have been throwing their support behind the current campaign...

.................    all your hard work  .........................    TOTALLY RUINED!!   ................................       :cry:  :cry:   .............

.................   THAT'S IT - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH   ........................   :ireful:   ..........................      they had just better watch out, they had    .......   :devil:

.......................  If when I find out who it is  ...   they will wish it was our Sparrow Hawk wot got em!   ...  and he eats them alive   .....     :butcher:  :butcher:

Do you think someone was hoping the Helicopter would pick up on something?

attachicon.gifvote.jpg

I don't know, not content with graffitiing the wall they've started on the platform as well!!

Now I wonder who that greedy driver is coming through the station with all those 66s?? See latest picture on my thread.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

and updates on Kipper and the fly posters......

Westerham Station.....the main focus of the dastardly goings on....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64587-westerham-brasted-stations-another-arrest-and-secret-meeting/page-39&do=findComment&comment=1509324

and they have been using the rail links to spread posters all over the country!!!!!!

The buildings of Studley and Astwood / Sweven

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82563-the-buildings-of-studley-and-astwood-bank/page-7&do=findComment&comment=1506817

Bakewell / acg_mr

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64977-bakewell-peak-district-line-br-bill-posters-strikes-again/page-83&do=findComment&comment=1508997

why are railway modellers so clumsy/ Bagpipes331

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69603-why-are-railway-modellers-so-clumsy/page-56&do=findComment&comment=1509647

A new Start / C&WR

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75241-a-new-start/page-22&do=findComment&comment=1507330

Light sandwich / Jcredfer

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75123-light-sandwich-with-n-other-idea/page-6&do=findComment&comment=1507658

how realistic are your models

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67-how-realistic-are-your-models-photo-challenge/page-94&do=findComment&comment=1507088

Many others are now avidly watching the fun, and even taking part.....Freebs has been furtively following a couple of rogue graffiti artists........

.........Have we considered with all the links recently poor Bing and Google are probably getting very dizzy following all the links LOL.

and Sasquatch

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/user/8964-sasquatch/

Edited by Jaz

Castle........

med_gallery_17883_2760_284158.jpgrmweb2431wall276

As many of us know.....is addicted to steam

med_gallery_17883_2760_40606.jpgrmweb2432wall277

and the love of his life.....maybe his wife.....but even she refers to this as the other women....

med_gallery_17883_2760_573733.jpgrmweb2433wall278

my attempts to fit the letters didn't work out the first time....or the second....

• Like 5

and while I was a t it I started on Marcus37 as well

med_gallery_17883_2760_544511.jpgrmweb2437wall282

the yellow in Antony reflects echoes nicely in Castle,and I am tidying up the Pendennis Castle

med_gallery_17883_2760_771849.jpgrmweb2438wall283

and I got around to tidying up Anthony

med_gallery_17883_2760_696347.jpgrmweb2439wall284

Castle......I had to settle .....getting the font just right at this size is not so easy

and I added some more to marcus37....decided you just could not read Diane Marcus' wife....so cleaned hers too

med_gallery_17883_2760_269094.jpgrmweb2440wall285

• Like 4

I do not think I can get a nice fine piece of graffiti with all the entwined letters on this surface.....so I am biting the bullet and starting on ess1uk

med_gallery_17883_2760_666250.jpgrmweb2441wall286

med_gallery_17883_2760_181505.jpgrmweb2442wall287

med_gallery_17883_2760_671697.jpgrmweb2443wall288

reminds me os some footballing away kit.....

med_gallery_17883_2760_529306.jpgrmweb2444wall289

and a bit of black for definition

• Like 3

med_gallery_17883_2760_697535.jpgrmweb2449wall294

med_gallery_17883_2760_42964.jpgrmweb2450wall295

med_gallery_17883_2760_456375.jpgrmwrmweb2452wall297eb2451wall296

on reflection I could have squeezed them closer.....but the thought of washing it out and starting again does not appeal....

but I like the colours and the effect

med_gallery_17883_2760_504601.jpg

• Like 3

med_gallery_17883_2760_697535.jpgrmweb2449wall294

med_gallery_17883_2760_42964.jpgrmweb2450wall295

med_gallery_17883_2760_456375.jpgrmwrmweb2452wall297eb2451wall296

on reflection I could have squeezed them closer.....but the thought of washing it out and starting again does not appeal....

but I like the colours and the effect

med_gallery_17883_2760_504601.jpg

Nice! What's it painted on....you run out of Wall??? :scratchhead:

Dave

Jaz,

I think it is your best yet.

Thank you ...I had to go larger  for the stylised letter tho, and I still could join the pale blue and edge the letters....thereby visually pulling them together...

when i do a group of them you'll see they are much larger to get in the definition.

• Like 1

Nice! What's it painted on....you run out of Wall??? :scratchhead:

Dave

most of the rest of the wall is allocated, and getting these (ess1uk and hornbyandbf3fan) as a strip would not allow them to leave much space.....so I have snagged the slope on the far left...I will add pictures later to show where they are.

Then I have the hard one to do. You (and many others) have not be on here long enough to know that Kal often refers to 3 of our friends as characters from Dads Army. (and to be fair the joke originated on our old forum, and Richard has an account here but has not posted since we came here)

So, anyway, to perpetuate the joke..... I need to make those 3 characters recognisable...but add characitures of the 3 people. And on this PIR........it might be beyond my capabilities to fit it in.....in which case dt (david todd) will end up us Rush (he really looks like the footballer) in a football shirt....he let slip that Dover people are often named after the local football team Dover Sharks....which apparently has a long tradition regards the 'ferries' between Dover and Calais and those vessels stopping outside the harbour waiting for the tide to chance thereby forcing the passengers to have to use a second smaller vessel to get into port...but being forced to pay a second fee.....hence the locals being known as 'sharks'........

• Like 2

I had an idea for HornbyandBF3fan.....Hornby.....Hornby logo? So I tried it out.....I think it will need some sparkles but for the moment I am getting the base right

med_gallery_17883_2760_647317.jpgrmweb2453wall298

med_gallery_17883_2760_295238.jpgrmweb2454wall299

I got a bit dyslexic.....Hornby...Horbny.....Horny........oh whatever!!!!!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_2760_232209.jpgrmweb2455wal300

med_gallery_17883_2760_348264.jpgrmweb2456wall301

so at the minute it is a bit kooky.....

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4