Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Great idea - painting round the edges and that saw is easy too ................   don't forget to Vacuum the dust, so you don't get too much of it in the air  ......  

I have a couple of ideas from r/c a/c which might be good, for track-bed work, when I eventually manage to get to making a "Roundy" Sandwich with a slope up to a Stn on top, too.

• Like 2

some layout pictures near Kalboro

Bachmann ltd ed Jinty pulling a weathered wagon

med_gallery_17883_3119_840264.jpgrmweb668wagon60

wooden-mineral-waggons.jpgwww.rocks-by-rail.org

which makes me realise mine is too shiny...

Kal suggested some damage to the nice square edges of the wagon....he offered to blowtorch it......Eeeek......I didn't ask if it was a joke....just kindly said not this time

ust address the white wheels but it would look odd against the weathered wood ones....so decided to pass

however I now have the artists mask.....a little play will follow.....as I can pull a little or a lot off.....bonus removable 2nd paint job....should have done that over the graffiti...DOH!

The ltd ed is nice but the wagon looks better behind this weathered 03

med_gallery_17883_3119_508301.jpgrmweb677wagon69

I will weather it with some smoke powder later.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhh   ...........................   I will cover my eyes and look the other way   ..................................................................................................................   honest  ...

I now have the artists mask.....a little play will follow.....as I can pull a little or a lot off.....

....................................    and it will have to wait until after 21.00 hrs   ...............................................     :jester:

At a safe distance

med_gallery_17883_3119_631032.jpgrmweb669wagon61

The pale edge of that tunnel is now killing me.....must go up and paint it

med_gallery_17883_3119_335864.jpgrmweb670wagon62

and the yellow

med_gallery_17883_3119_548072.jpgrmweb671wagon63

much better if you pull back

med_gallery_17883_3119_495714.jpgrmweb672wagon64

happier now ran and repainted tunnel pictures will occur today or tomorrow............

• Like 7

already taken before addressed the tunnel

med_gallery_17883_3119_418680.jpgrmweb674wagon66

med_gallery_17883_3119_320767.jpgrmweb675wagon67

med_gallery_17883_3119_60882.jpgrmweb676wagon68

this one I just weathered with powder and it looks good this is pre weather for now

med_gallery_17883_3119_508301.jpgrmweb677wagon69

and the red

med_gallery_17883_3119_75588.jpgrmweb681wagon73

All these photos have highlighted issues to me. Hopefully addressed tonight. And new pictures arriving late tonite or tomorrow

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Excellent tree dt! :blush:

About wagon loads. If you make a block to fit loosely,then glue a washer on top in the middle before forming a mound,  painting black and adding  the coal. A magnet can be used to lift the loads out giving the option of running empties!

I use plywood blocks and roofing tar which comes in one of those mastic gun type tubes. That way no painting is needed and you can just dip the block into a tub of coal and you're done. 

The roofing tar might melt your P.I.R though.

Edited;.................................................... with my specs on.  :pilot:

Edited by Sasquatch

Excellent tree Jaz!

About wagon loads. If you make a block to fit loosely,then glue a washer on top in the middle before forming a mound,  painting black and adding  the coal. A magnet can be used to lift the loads out giving the option of running empties!

I use plywood blocks and roofing tar which comes in one of those mastic gun type tubes. That way no painting is needed and you can just dip the block into a tub of coal and you're done. 

The roofing tar might melt your P.I.R though.

Those trees are NOT MINE

All those trees on David Todds posts are by a good friend of his, they work together on a club layout, we were chatting on the phone and David kindly imported them for me to look at. David and Ray his friend do exhibition work for their club. Some of these fine trees are on Davids layout.

But otherwise I agree. His trees are wonderful.

Edited by Jaz

Got a NEW TOY

med_gallery_17883_3119_423550.jpgrmweb693maskingfluid1

I don't have anything ready for it...so some improvisation, white mask fluid

med_gallery_17883_3119_256681.jpgrmweb694wagon74

gone clear, so not really visible

med_gallery_17883_3119_456564.jpgrmweb695wagon75

the colours underneath are easily visible, but you can paint over easily.

med_gallery_17883_3119_146342.jpgrmweb696wagon76

I added some dark rust from Phoenix Precision

• RMweb Premium

Those trees are NOT MINE

All those trees on David Todds posts are by a good friend of his, they work together on a club layout, we were chatting on the phone and David kindly imported them for me to look at. David and Ray his friend do exhibition work for their club. Some of these fine trees are on Davids layout.

But otherwise I agree. His trees are wonderful.

Edited post #3242.

Box of chocs on their way!

Then I careful tore the masking fluid which haas now set

med_gallery_17883_3119_190423.jpgrmweb697wagon77

painted an orange around the edge and some black in the middle

med_gallery_17883_3119_278478.jpgrmweb698wagon78

added more as felt it was not enough....oh I didn't notice at the time but the wagon now has a face

med_gallery_17883_3119_201744.jpgrmweb699wagon79

I added more runny orange, and deepened the hole wit ha more mat black

med_gallery_17883_3119_390794.jpgrmweb670wagon80

I added a distinct orange the colour has not arrived through the processes...yo iPad..to iMac...to rmweb...I'll ry again tomorrow under natural light.

med_gallery_17883_3119_215469.jpgrmweb671wagon81

added some weathering powder for more emphasis...LOL the face is very distracting I will need to get rid of it,and do a close up of the rust, but it imitates the start of a hole, or some freaky SCI FI character locked inside a wagon!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3119_37115.jpgrmweb672wagon82

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Not only is Bing, viewing your thread,his son, Bing (1). is also in attendace,

Hey, you seem to be collecting more followers by the day........

Wonder when Rod Steward, will pop in, although, his interests lie in American railways, from what I have seen.

He builds kits, on long haul flights.........

Some of you may ask,.......Rod, who ?..... :scratchhead:..Google him.!............  :sungum:

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 1