Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Is there one that works for a certain House Call Cosmetic Company    ......................... 

Yes not very creative with names are they Bing, Bing 1st (Jnr) Bing 3rd, Bing the mobile

...........................................................   :nono:

Look through my eyes.......

A view from the models height

The road behind Goathland

med_gallery_17883_3001_518161.jpgrmweb674heartbeat9

road under construction...leading to Goathland road bridge over the railway

med_gallery_17883_3001_136107.jpgrmweb675heartbeat10

connectiong to Heartbeat.....leaving Goathland and into tribute area

med_gallery_17883_3001_453668.jpgrmweb676heartbeat

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

I like the pictures Jaz             .......................................................   but  ......

Weeelll...                     that there Rabbit has to be a bit on the dim side              ................     there is a 5ft span glider there  ...............   which would cause any self-respecting Rabbit to be comfortably tidying it's Burrow   .........

.................      and that is not to mention the Hawk, of some kind, on the outstretched arm of that fella there .................

.................      and that is not to mention the Hippie Van, the human contents of which put the aforesaid creature at risk of close examination of the interior of a cooking pot    ...................    

Edited by jcredfer

AAaahh   .................................   it's a PIR Rabbit  .............................    :scratchhead: ........................  :scratchhead: ...................

.............   Petrol Injected Rocket Rabbit   .......  amazing what can be done with PIR  ...............    :angel: 

I need to be careful where we have made different levels that it is no deferent flat levels with small steep joins between.

Here the church rises up to the Stately Home / Bed and Breakfast, the slope on the left is much more foreshortened than on the right were a lawn slopes down

med_gallery_17883_3001_400088.jpgrmweb677heartbeat12

the lawn at its worst angle

med_gallery_17883_3001_195610.jpgrmweb678heartbeat13

A couple of rises up to the farm...which at present is a representation for Greengrasses, although in no way resemble it either in building or geographical position. But I managed to fit in PIR over tracks below, and felt this best made use of the resulting area, hopefully giving a 'realistic' feel.

med_gallery_17883_3001_129933.jpgrmweb679heartbeat14

• Like 5

The bunny post 3257...

I put him sort of behind the man with the hawk as a joke, you do see brave bunnies even baby bunnies on the side of motorways nonchalantly chopping dandelions and such as heavy traffic drives by, I often see them in the open near us, rather than under cover of the local sparrow hawk.....I think they think they are rather fast....until caught, although usually when I find the remains of a bunny it would appear the fox is more likely the culprit.

So cars (despite the built in stove) and humans, even those wit birds of prey, or people playing with planes or kites etc seem to hold no fear. However I notice if you go out with a camera of a video....they are gone like magic......the blxxdy teases!!!!

As for the man with the hawk he is sort of moaning at the man with the plane, who is stating he has as much right to be there as the hawker. I am expecting a kerfuffle any moment now....

• Like 2

Hello stranger, nice to see you about.

Hopefullly these ones will have the flavour of Goathland

the river behind the station, a lot of work to do of course.....

med_gallery_17883_3001_752732.jpg

rmweb684heartbeat19

med_gallery_17883_3001_290820.jpgrmweb685heartbeat20

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

I put him sort of behind the man with the hawk as a joke,

More   ..........   sort of  ................................................     well  ..............................

Plastic Imitation Rabbit          .................         rather than  ........................

Practically Invincible Rabbit                     ....................................

........................................................    either way    ...............................................................................         a Rare Rabbit        ....................          :drag:

OK        .............................................................      errr  ...............................................................                                    ..............................................                          pretty "cheesey" joke  ..   even for this time of night   ....   :O   :nono:

Another view trying to compare the slopes by the church and near the Bed and Breakfast / Stately Home.

med_gallery_17883_3001_633799.jpgrmweb680heartbeat15

A quick snap of the gentleman with his collies while I was there, further back showing those slopes in soft focus

med_gallery_17883_3001_27230.jpgrmweb681heartbeat16

look down the slope

med_gallery_17883_3001_471508.jpgrmweb683heartbeat18

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

I once had a moment of rather intense concentration   .............................   about

VAs for the man with the hawk he is sort of moaning at the man with the plane, who is stating he has as much right to be there as the hawker. I am expecting a kerfuffle any moment now....

Plane vs Hawk ............................  Ehh  ....................

when flying a glider off a slope  ......................................    and a Red Kite, of the feathered version, decided that the intrusion into it's territory was an insult too far     ...................      :nono:

.........   and took to the offensive      ............................   I considered the contest to be rather unequal, on the grounds of thin Balsa frame vs feather covered muscle & bone  ..................    :stinker:  :stinker:

my "Friend" who was watching this unequal contest, with [frankly rather too much amusement] made "light hearted" comments about how fast the Kite could fly and some others which break even my language rules  

I do remember being reminded about how the Talons were specifically designed as incisors which would slice through Balsa and Heatshrink Film like a knife through hot butter   ..............    

after an rather concentrated 10 minute,  set of avoidance aeros, it became clear that this particularly persistent predator was determined that his territory was NOT going to be invaded              ................      time for some  "Terribly British Tactics"   .......

.....................    Well   ......    if you can't beat them at their own game  [Highly unlikely under the circumstances]  .....    adopt the "British Stiff Upper Lip"                             ............................      and change the game  ...   !!  ...  :sungum: 

it is said that birds don't Loop the Loop   .....................    so      ........................  climb, right in front of it's nose beak        ..............     wait for it       ..................    he is climbing to get right on the tail           .....   now he is rising above, ready to dive and sink those talons into the neck     .................     GO      ............   STICK HARD FORWARD   ...............    down it goes    .................    the kite follows, accelerating, ever closer      .........................       wait      .........   ready       ............     GO ...  STICK HARD BACK   .........................     up   ....    up   ......    and over the top   ............................   keep pulling  ........................  accelerate down    ...............   then a really hard pull up              ....    RIGHT BEHIND  HIM!    ........   :locomotive:  :locomotive: :locomotive:        ............................    EASE OFF the pressure on the stick    ...................      :nono:     .................  he is still wondering where it went, over the top    .................     he is about to find out where!!     ................      :stinker:

Ok Cpl   ....   what do they say    ..............................................     they don't like it "Up - Em, Sir"    ....................   

Quite right, Cpl Jones     ............................................................................................        I must also conclude, it possibly wasn't Gay either     ............................    :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I once had a moment of rather intense concentration   .............................   about

when flying a glider off a slope  ......................................    and a Red Kite, of the feathered version, decided that the intrusion into it's territory was an insult too far     ...................      :nono:

.........   and took to the offensive      ............................   I considered the contest to be rather unequal, on the grounds of thin Balsa frame vs feather covered muscle & bone  ..................    :stinker:  :stinker:

my "Friend" who was watching this unequal contest, with [frankly rather too much amusement] made "light hearted" comments about how fast the Kite could fly and some others which break even my language rules  

I do remember being reminded about how the Talons were specifically designed as incisors which would slice through Balsa and Heatshrink Film like a knife through hot butter   ..............    

after an rather concentrated 10 minute,  set of avoidance aeros, it became clear that this particularly persistent predator was determined that his territory was NOT going to be invaded              ................      time for some  "Terribly British Tactics"   .......

.....................    Well   ......    if you can't beat them at their own game  [Highly unlikely under the circumstances]  .....    adopt the "British Stiff Upper Lip"                             ............................      and change the game  ...   !!  ...  :sungum: 

it is said that birds don't Loop the Loop   .....................    so      ........................  climb, right in front of it's nose beak        ..............     wait for it       ..................    he is climbing to get right on the tail           .....   now he is rising above, ready to dive and sink those talons into the neck     .................     GO      ............   STICK HARD FORWARD   ...............    down it goes    .................    the kite follows, accelerating, ever closer      .........................       wait      .........   ready       ............     GO ...  STICK HARD BACK   .........................     up   ....    up   ......    and over the top   ............................   keep pulling  ........................  accelerate down    ...............   then a really hard pull up              ....    RIGHT BEHIND  HIM!    ........   :locomotive:  :locomotive: :locomotive:        ............................    EASE OFF the pressure on the stick    ...................      :nono:     .................  he is still wondering where it went, over the top    .................     he is about to find out where!!     ................      :stinker:

Ok Cpl   ....   what do they say    ..............................................     they don't like it "Up - Em, Sir"    ....................   

Quite right, Cpl Jones     ............................................................................................        I must also conclude, it possibly wasn't Gay either     ............................    :no:

Still sitting here laughing 10mins later

adopt the "British Stiff Upper Lip"

(The RSM is primarily responsible for maintaining standards and discipline and acts as a parental figure to his or her subordinates.)

The RSM, roared at the Privates on the Parade ground,................ "Where's your,"British Stiff Upper Lip" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silence........ensued............until, someone in the rear rank, quiped.........

"Above, the lower, wobbly one Sir".

• RMweb Gold

J,

Well done Sir!

HEARTBEAT ......

OK I have been contemplated how best to navigate my way from  Goathland Station (reasonably realistic) to Heartbeat (tribute) with a lot of flavour of......

Despite all the room we have there is still a major lack or space to fit things in. As mentioned some of the elements will be expanded on elsewhere, as we move forward though I feel a compromise coming on.

Ideally I would like the full carpark next to Aidensfield Arms, but I am not happy about the police station on the edge. So am considering it across the road.Where the carpark would be.

Then with the available area freed up, I am thinking doing some shops, they can't be a cameo, there just isn't room. But a village usually has a pub, a church, houses, and at least a post office.

So the police house moved across the left in this shot, the shops are then not shoved up against the edge

med_gallery_17883_3001_467503.jpgrmweb686heartbeat21

then you end up with something like this. In reality the shops are placed where there is actually a nursery, so it is green and flat and some hard standing. This at least is more interesting. And once the replacement shops are modelled I can keep these or pop houses.

med_gallery_17883_3001_509406.jpgrmweb687heartbeat22

I could also do the carpark on the base, then hopefully add the Poilce station to sit on it, so I could photograph either by lifting the police station element.

If people would give me their thoughts I would appreciate it.

These snap shows across  the board 

med_gallery_17883_3001_106864.jpgrmweb688heartbeat23

and the type of terrain I would be looking to add for the police station

med_gallery_17883_3001_287011.jpgrmweb696heartbeat31

you can see that the police station would effectively be dab on the carpark.

med_gallery_17883_3001_8128.jpgrmweb695heartbeat30

• Like 3

A quick reference  to the Heartbeat layout area, starting from the far end so across the river to the church

med_gallery_17883_3001_687195.jpgrmweb689heartbeat24

the church to the bed and breakfast / stately home 

and you can see the shops already in the top left

med_gallery_17883_3001_86606.jpgrmweb690heartbeat25

the empty spot is where the police station was but he does not reflect the view from the Heartbeat programme,

but you see the Scripps / Adiensfield cameo, now ignoring the reality the other side of the T junction

med_gallery_17883_3001_514289.jpgrmweb691heartbeat26

the police station on the sat now on a raised area forth police station

so I could attempt to get the car park underneath

the pavement on the left ,behind which is the rather boring nursery area (the nursery further off would have been a consideration but my geographical layout can't reflect it anyway) so popping shops here, or even houses would add an element of interest. done carefully enough, ALL of those buildings could be removed to photograph the flatter ground as it really is, then just keep in a box walling etc for the changeover.

med_gallery_17883_3001_471435.jpgrmweb692heartbeat27

• Like 5