Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Premium

If you are going S&C Bodge is parting with his viaduct. But you'll need a big space for it. I thoroughly recommend a viaduct, it's more relaxing than a koi pond! 

Nice willow Jaz. You do like a bit of a challenge huh!

Squatch. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Jaz & Kal,

I know you have outlined your plans before but this time I have really understood it in its full context and I think it is brilliant.  Four eras and four areas all tomorrow, not constrained too much by anything.  I know it is not for everybody but so what?

Slough, don't go with Slough, it is under water at the moment so would not make a good model. (I half jest as I live not too far away but not on the flood plain.)

Hi

I saw that Shaun, we have a viaduct made from skaledale castings and it is fine for a short run. Andy's viaduct looks fantastic, but it would take some planning to fit it in, and I could not guarantee doing it justice. Of course it is all presumptuous, because I have neither asked, or been offered.

It deserves a layout building around it and I am sure. He will not short of enquiries.

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

I start building up the small branches

med_gallery_17883_2992_260295.jpgrmweb706willow6

and where necessary add the odd extra branch

med_gallery_17883_2992_166548.jpgrmweb707willow7

I just hope the flex bark holds out, it's getting very low, if I can cover all the copper, I'll start colouring the tree, and adding the leaves.

• Like 3

Hi Jaz

Thought of you the other night when I downloaded my digital MR as there was a bit in the how-to work shop on trees. Don't worry I think the article and trees should of been by you personally.

All good stuff Jaz / Kal

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Sasquatch

The thing with a tree is a few days and your done, unlike a scratch built building which can take months. And I am a bit of a butterfly jumping from job to job.

Jaz,

There is nothing wrong in that.  I have been painting figures as a lead in to starting a workbench thread but the other night I thought, "I Must do something different and go and cut some plastic", so I made a door and a wall for a building I may never make but it was worth it.  Back to painting soon.

• Like 4

That sounds interesting Kal.....

Space will be the decider, but I really like the idea of the la Farge traffic, I have a Bachmann cement works and wagons and class 20.

How about this for a decider   .............    how can Jaz resist  .......

12518371024_60c8fe4a17.jpg
Westbury_White_Horse_2 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

and the terrain is just begging for PIR  ...............  it would fit perfectly in a corner  ........

12518370744_3e83ffaff3.jpg
Westbury W Horse 1 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

:locomotive:  :locomotive:

The view from on top of the Horses 'Ead ......  said to be 400 ft high..........

12518125153_022f371312.jpg
Westbury chimney 2 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

a view from the same place    ...........   and of what my glider disappeared into one day  ...............  

12518481284_74eb111658_q.jpg
Westbury chimney 1 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

:O  :O

Time for hands together and "Say after me   .............  "    :angel:  :angel:

...........   and a long walk   ..............    ................................     ...............................        ..............................       fortunately nicely trimmed so "hands-off" unseen landing in field, avoiding road by 10 yds  ....  :sungum:

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 5

It is a lovely piece, The sun shines through the clouds and then the waves and gives a lovely apricot colour through the blues, especially the baby blue. I can't claim it though, Kal bought it for me many years ago as a wedding anniversary present.

The light is terrible at the moment,and does not vaguely do it justice.  I love this picture though because the vanishing point works from almost anywhere even though you can clearly see the intended one. Your eyes tend to follow it as you leave the room. It is thick oil laid on with a palette knife or similar. The shadow doesn't help the centre room always has a light on.

med_gallery_17883_2781_545002.jpgrmweb708sea8

I like water paintings, we have an old (early 1900s) oil painting (not valuable nice wood frame though) of a Chinese junk., with Chinese style background I bought it for £20 a long time ago.  I should paint one really. I often spend my time doodling people on TV, while we are sat down watching movies or TV series.

• Like 3

It is a lovely piece, The sun shines through the clouds and then the waves and gives a lovely apricot colour through the blues, especially the baby blue. I can't claim it though, Kal bought it for me many years ago as a wedding anniversary present.

The light is terrible at the moment,and does not vaguely do it justice.  I love this picture though because the vanishing point works from almost anywhere even though you can clearly see the intended one. Your eyes tend to follow it as you leave the room. It is thick oil laid on with a palette knife or similar. The shadow doesn't help the centre room always has a light on.

med_gallery_17883_2781_545002.jpgrmweb708sea8

I like water paintings, we have an old (early 1900s) oil painting (not valuable nice wood frame though) of a Chinese junk., with Chinese style background I bought it for £20 a long time ago.  I should paint one really. I often spend my time doodling people on TV, while we are sat down watching movies or TV series.

It is lovely! I particularly like the way the light glows where the wave's curl makes it transparent.

I'm normally comfortable enough with anyone's abstract/impressionist view of any subject, but not the sea. The sea says everything about his/herself that is unique at every moment. It's also the subject I'm most nervous of. I hate the sea in my warship painting! lol ;)

Tony.

C&WR..post3317

I'm sorry we are NOT modelling that!!!!  Have you looked at the head and neck...it has no artistic appeal at all.....................

I might have been tempted if it had this....

med_gallery_17883_2781_332837.jpgrmweb709tc9

At least it has some artistic merit. Apologies for the angle, but if I try turning it it changes the proportions.

One of my watching TV doodles. 

Edited by Jaz

I'm not really sure  .................................   where  ..............

Looks like he's gone a bit soft, though, he seems to have a St Valentine's bouquet

He is going to keep his Coal Shovel    ....................... ....................................    and   ................................................................   where he keeps his Fire Iron looks distinctly uncomfortable   ..........    :scratchhead:

Anybody any ideas on how I might get the new Peterborough track plan? Google is obviously out of date now.

Just contact Network Rail and ask them for a copy?   I will try that. Anyone else?  Would the Council have plans in planning?

Hi Kal,

It is only a long shot   ...........    but  .....

how I might get the new Peterborough track plan?

There may well have been a website with the proposals -  to make the Public think they have been consulted - for public approval/consultation  ...   ??  :scratchhead:

Some pictures here   ..

http://www.rail.co.uk/rail-news/2012/new-platforms-to-peterborough-station/

This has some artists impressions of what it should look like

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/improvements/Peterborough/

Also - it might be my eyes, but Google Maps [satelite view] looks to be 2014 according to the dates in the bottom RHS, although I'm not familiar with the place.

Kal

I've just been having a look and only found the links posted above.

As for google maps, although it has the copyright for 2014, there appears to be a watermark type image overlayed onto the map with 2007 (I might be wrong and need to go to Spe*****rs)

Duncan