Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

med_gallery_17883_3112_268797.jpgrmweb1463sasquatch9

and a 'face'

med_gallery_17883_3112_498994.jpgrmweb1464sasquatch10

but the palm is the wrong way up so repaint what is now the back of the hand.

That paperwork said 9ft but mine is more 7ft..

med_gallery_17883_3112_158360.jpgrmweb1464sasquatch11

And I thought my mankini wearing Borat-type over on Kirkby Lunside was pushing the boundaries...  :O

Nice job, Jaz.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jaz

I look forward to the Daleks. :)

Oh and have you noticed that since the advent of cheap readily avalable wildlife cameras with motion sensors that crop circles have died out??? :sarcastic: Funny that eh???

Are you doing Kal next?

:jester:  and running!

Cheers,

Mick

Hi All,

No Mick, this is the start of the Discworld model floating above the main layout - that's the Librarian!

Mind you, the Sasquatch thing looks a bit like me pre hair brush in the mornings...

Joining Mick in running away!

All the best,

Castle

But then thebritfarmer had mentioned a home for his avatar.....and it got me thinking......

Well you can't put Sasquatch in a house....but there is a home.....and what do all railway modellers need.....a man cave......

and the original cliffs did have.......a cave......so we can have Sasquatch making his way home

med_gallery_17883_3112_515565.jpgrmweb1478sasquatch25

a side view with modified facial feature...as he enters the man cave.

med_gallery_17883_3112_348507.jpgrmweb1479sasquatch26

this one might make a good avatar...when reduced to a thumbnail

med_gallery_17883_3112_449802.jpgrmweb1482sasquatch29

theres no train layout here tho....

med_gallery_17883_3112_28086.jpgrmweb1483sasquatch30

• Like 5

And it is important that such a shy and retiring fella should have somewhere to walk....and bathe and even eat.

We know the big bears like the rivers and the waterfalls where they catch fish...perhaps we finally know why Sasquatch is carrying a stick....

perhaps he spears fish......

med_gallery_17883_3112_205131.jpgrmweb1472sasquatch19

med_gallery_17883_3112_86154.jpgrmweb1473sasquatch20

med_gallery_17883_3112_6551.jpgrmweb1476sasquatch23

• Like 4

And Sasquatch must occasionally get bored, and wish to travel.....

Heartbeat river

med_gallery_17883_3112_432478.jpgrmweb1486sasquatch33

A happy Sasquatch has found some trees in Heartbeat....notice the tunnel at the back

med_gallery_17883_3112_42373.jpgrmweb1487sasquatch34

He even manages a short holiday in Goathland near the river and trees, and some handy fish nearby if he fancies a nibble. He can sit on the bank above the weir and see the trains go past over the bridge :sungum:

med_gallery_17883_3112_502551.jpgrmweb1488sasquatch35

he just has to avoid the occasional fisherman or dog walker.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

theres no train layout here tho....

Not yet anyhow! The bit about spending time in the man cave is about right. When we lived at our last place I built a shed to house Goathland in the garage which was my work shop. Rob our neighbor would say that I was the only guy he knew that had a man cave in his man cave!

Truly inspirational modeling Jaz and it's nice to see something different.  :fan: :fan: :fan: :fan: :fan:.

Sasquatch, off down to Wally-World to do some foraging.  (And get some shop lights for the new cave).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As it seems that my attempt at humour about a sasquatch being a "man in a monkey suit" has offended. I can only say that no offence was intended and appologize to all I might have offended whilst pointing out that the Sasquatch does not exist.

Regards Lez.

Edited by lezz01

Hi Lez

Cool, i did think it was tongue in cheek, sometimes the intention is not always easy to understand in written word and i appreciate the clarification.

That is what i love about our contributors, we can have different views and still all respect each other

I've always wondered about Sasquatch.Despite our information age. There are large tracks of this planet barely colonised or studied. At the moment it turns out we don't even know what the bottom of the Indian Ocean looks like. That we know more about the moon than we do say parts of the Amazon and parts of the wilderness including the Americas. I know we have been and checked out Lock Ness really thoroughly, and the idea of something coming out from the ocean through a small channel to Lock Ness is unlikely. The chances of a nice red dragon in Wales (my mum and a bunch of my family are Welsh) not too likely. I know that many biologists claim that a Sasquatch community would be too small to be viable. There are still well respected scientists studying this though. And we know in zoos there are also small numbers of none viable creatures. Perhaps we are 'seeing' the Sasquatch in it's dodo days. I love science fiction and science fantasy. Dr Who has been avidly watched by myself for most of it's existence (I couldn't stand two of the doctors) But it is not hard to rationalise that the idea of fairies, leprauchans, vampires, witches (other than as wise women/men) is not terribly likely. But I have to say I don't discount Sasquatch. nor do I adhere to the theory that the Sasquatch is an alien who flies in UFOs. (would make a great film though) Bit I do believe in the possibility that a creature could survive in small numbers and evade humans, and this is not unknown. Every year scientists discover  

around this world any number of creatures that previously where not known, and I am not just talking butterflies and insects. A large mammal.....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fenvironment%2F2013%2Fdec%2F17%2Fnew-species-tapir-discovered&ei=-UBKU4bbL6yI7AarooGIAg&usg=AFQjCNF-_Qye3cki6T2Z7RWAl21i3z0PNA&sig2=CvV5kIWxm885l9P7DpKX1g

Apparently natives were aware of this creature, but scientists did not believe it until they saw it for themselves. Sound familiar?

In my humble opinion. If someone else's beliefs do you no harm, then why knock them.This is a railway forum, and frankly AV has a lot of content that is not for the purest. Live and let live is my policy. I come on here to have fun, share our work, and go off 'railway' for the amusement of ourselves and our friends. Tolerance is my only philosophy. An open mind and an open heart.

• Like 3

Goathland platform.

I worked on the one with the main station on some time ago.

med_gallery_17883_2878_680717.jpgimg 0758

and am just getting around to the other side. The one above was a wash. This one is being painted with house paints first, then will have another layer on top.

This was the last picture published

med_gallery_17883_2878_337417.jpgrmweb1269goathlandplatform11

And this is the platform starting to be coloured up.

med_gallery_17883_2878_269891.jpgrmweb1488goathland1

med_gallery_17883_2878_334434.jpgrmweb1489goathland2

• Like 2

My My you have been busy since I last looked in. Do you ever sleep!! Loving all the latest developments especially the figures such as Sasquatch and the clowns. What I'm really worried about is the rather portly driver that's going to appear when Kal gets round to building the GBRF shed. Mind you it would help if someone (who me?) would send him some pictures. Well there's a couple of pictures I've just posted up on my thread which may help and also an extra special challenge for Jaz after the rather excellent job you did on 66720.

Cheers for now.

Marcus

• Like 1

Marcus37

I do like the GBRF in question, but I can't imagine get enough clarity of line, and all the words going in and out of those grooves.....frankly scare the pants off me. Letraset is fun when on a straight-line.

The advantage of the graffiti does not have smooth sides, so is purely a painting exercise. ....I might attempt this.....But the last loco cost £85.00 and having looked at Newbryford's I could see how it was a achievable. I think this one would require decals.And taking the words into account that just seems too much work.

BUT Kal has just got me to agree to a much easier project on a Desiro 450.He is going to source the loco, and I am going to paint it.If I find the lines fairly easy. I might re look at this.

23_64_25---South-West-Trains-Class-450-Sfreefoto.com

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I've always wondered about Sasquatch.Despite our information age. There are large tracks of this planet barely colonised or studied. At the moment it turns out we don't even know what the bottom of the Indian Ocean looks like. That we know more about the moon than we do say parts of the Amazon and parts of the wilderness including the Americas. I know we have been and checked out Lock Ness really thoroughly, and the idea of something coming out from the ocean through a small channel to Lock Ness is unlikely. The chances of a nice red dragon in Wales (my mum and a bunch of my family are Welsh) not too likely. I know that many biologists claim that a Sasquatch community would be too small to be viable. There are still well respected scientists studying this though. And we know in zoos there are also small numbers of none viable creatures. Perhaps we are 'seeing' the Sasquatch in it's dodo days. I love science fiction and science fantasy. Dr Who has been avidly watched by myself for most of it's existence (I couldn't stand two of the doctors) But it is not hard to rationalise that the idea of fairies, leprauchans, vampires, witches (other than as wise women/men) is not terribly likely. But I have to say I don't discount Sasquatch. nor do I adhere to the theory that the Sasquatch is an alien who flies in UFOs. (would make a great film though) Bit I do believe in the possibility that a creature could survive in small numbers and evade humans, and this is not unknown. Every year scientists discover  

around this world any number of creatures that previously where not known, and I am not just talking butterflies and insects. A large mammal.....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fenvironment%2F2013%2Fdec%2F17%2Fnew-species-tapir-discovered&ei=-UBKU4bbL6yI7AarooGIAg&usg=AFQjCNF-_Qye3cki6T2Z7RWAl21i3z0PNA&sig2=CvV5kIWxm885l9P7DpKX1g

Apparently natives were aware of this creature, but scientists did not believe it until they saw it for themselves. Sound familiar?

In my humble opinion. If someone else's beliefs do you no harm, then why knock them.This is a railway forum, and frankly AV has a lot of content that is not for the purest. Live and let live is my policy. I come on here to have fun, share our work, and go off 'railway' for the amusement of ourselves and our friends. Tolerance is my only philosophy. An open mind and an open heart.

Funnily enough, I've written a list on '10 amazing man-made underwater discoveries' and whilst doing the research, I was staggered at the stuff that had been found. I wonder what else we haven't discovered yet, maybe Boris' mindset......  :jester:

• Like 2

med_gallery_17883_3112_268797.jpgrmweb1463sasquatch9

and a 'face'

med_gallery_17883_3112_498994.jpgrmweb1464sasquatch10

but the palm is the wrong way up so repaint what is now the back of the hand.

That paperwork said 9ft but mine is more 7ft..

med_gallery_17883_3112_158360.jpgrmweb1464sasquatch11

Looks like Chewbacca off Star Wars ;-)

• Like 2