New Zealand bridge Sandy, a firm favourite in the locality.

Somebody had the GNR 123 bridge plate from the Lattice bridge when it was demolished........................... :scratchhead:

There was a GN boundary post near there too. That went missing some years back..

Wasn't me Guv.......mine came from..............................elsewhere..........about 3/4 of a mile away. :secret:

For a sizable piece of cast iron they do get about. I had a stroke of luck when collecting a load of sand from the quarry south of Sandy... A nice shiny new fence and a boundary post about 6 feet outside it and only about six inches in the ground..

• RMweb Gold

For a sizable piece of cast iron they do get about. I had a stroke of luck when collecting a load of sand from the quarry south of Sandy... A nice shiny new fence and a boundary post about 6 feet outside it and only about six inches in the ground..

Good grief,if only mine was that easy, had about 2ft in the ground which had to be dug out and they have that lovely big plate on the bottom which means a big hole !.

• 2 weeks later...

Final lot... (stupid iPad s only letting me upload them in 2 pics per post (If using Flickr BB code!)

9280366726_c9c1e91459_b.jpg

EC HST @ York by Swifty11Productions, on Flickr

The new (more reliable, as NRM haven't been fiddling with it!!) Flying Scotsman

9277590281_10c2ffbf20_b.jpg

EC DVT Flying Scotsman @ York by Swifty11Productions, on Flickr

And now a train we miss...

9280273138_139cef65e0_b.jpg

Mallard, Bitten and Dominion of Canada by Swifty11Productions, on Flickr

Seems the multi upload problem has fixed now

Tom

Edited by Swifty11
  • Like 3

I've got an East Coast Main Line collection on my Flickr site.  Not all my ECML pictures are in there as yet and more will be added in the fullness of time.  However, these are the ones that are in there so far :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/train-pix/sets/72157626309076242/

Clicking on a picture will bring up the caption and clicking on 'open photo in new window' should enlarge it.  (Doesn't seem to work on all of them!) 

Hope that they are of interest.

It's a shame the new flyover (grade separation something?) doesn't have an Up slow to branch chord. Although a reversal at Hitchin is probably better.

If all goes to plan 37405 should propel 'Caroline' across  the flyover at a little after 12:00 today. 

Thought I had more pics of the ECML cut-out signs, but here's 5 miles to Doncaster, easily seen from footpaths near Joan Croft (assuming they haven't disappeared under a sea of mud with the construction work for the flyover/bridge there):

post-6971-0-28768900-1373998315.jpg

and snatched from the window at a hundred and X-ty miles per hour, a glimpse of the Half Way London/Edinburgh sign disappearing out of the frame:

post-6971-0-21988900-1373998317.jpg

any more?

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 1