Hornby (Arnold/Rivarossi) GE U25C in N and H0

• 8 months later...

If they can get the cab to sit down properly that shell will be very nice. However, they aren't showing the important bit (chassis/mechanism). If we are lucky they will use the Microtrains couplers as shown rather than any of the other options or, even worse, trying to reinvent the wheel.

Hopefully they will do shell variations for the various lighting options (PRR/PC/CR had no nose light, CBQ/BN had a single nose light).

Adrian

Hopefully they will do shell variations for the various lighting options (PRR/PC/CR had no nose light, CBQ/BN had a single nose light).

The HO pre-prod ones that have been shown do feature these IIRC, so i'd have thought as they are producing both scales in parallel you might be in luck.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I see that NP and CB&Q are the only roads important enough to be released (initially) in both scales. Well, at least delaying the PRR one in N means I get to see the reviews and impressions before buying one.

HO: ACL, CB&Q, NP, PRR

N: BN, CB&Q, CR, L&N, NP

(bold are original buyers)

Other users:

Oro Dam Project, LS&I, SCL, FNM, PC

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up the September 2014 edition of Model Railroad News this afternoon.

Some great stuff in New Releases reported and (well) photographed. Even the latest brand new Bachmann US diesels are looking good!

I couldn’t help noticing the new Accucraft “Baby Mudhen” in 1/20.3 (or whatever), it is big!  Real steam, coal fired. Under $6,000.00 US.

I thought MRN went under but I think they are published by the same people who bought Carstens?

I don’t have the actual mag to hand but I’ll list the reviews later tonight my time.

Best, Pete.

PS Fell asleep on sofa and just woke. Early start in morning so it’ll have to be much later.....

• 2 weeks later...

At the suggested Walthers retail price of $300 for DCC sound and $220 for DC I suspect their going to be slow sellers , thats HO, $160 for N compare that with the U25B from Bowser in both scales and it looks very expensive.

Archived