The EXE Model Railway Society is pleased to announce that this years exhibition will take place on Saturday 31st May & Sunday 1st June.

2014 marks the society's 50th anniversary year. It is hoped for some additional displays to be available.

Some members of RM WEB are invited already.

The website www.exemrs.co.uk will be updated to reflect all aspects.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Looks like you've missed "Tormouth Quay" off the list of layouts.

I see Tormouth Quay has now been added to the website.

Looking forward to the show,

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

The actual livestock hall is adjacent to the exhibition hall, but it sounded like they were still hosing down at 9.00 this evening when I left.

Most of the show looked to be set up, Charmouth is up and running, Pempoul is there, Bob Harper's Maristow, etc, etc.

I had a quick look at Diesels in the Duchy before I left, it looks awesome even without any stock on it, or any lights!

See you tomorrow,

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Spent an enjoyable few hours at the exhibition this after.

Great to see some of the layouts 'in the flesh' which up to now I'd only read about on RMWeb.

Especially 'Diesels in the Duchy' with the impressive scale shunting speeds.

Also good to meet a few RMWebbers, sorry I can't remember all the names,

but I have finally met Captain Kernow!

Just got back from the show with throbbing feet and a screaming wallet!.

Have to say what a good show it was, one of the best i have been to there, some  of the layout where stunning and the trade was very good.

But one thing i wish is that one of the traders had railmatch or phoenix paints, brought a lot of kits , but could not get one tin of paint and with the cost of P+P now on sending paints out.

A show would be a good place to stock up on, just one minor point.

well done to Dave and the team for a great show and fot DLT letting me play with Carmouth!.

• RMweb Gold

A superb, and I mean superb, 'local' show. Dave Harding has excelled himself this year with some real quality layouts.

Of particular interest to me was 'Pempoul' with Gordon and Maggie Gravett's superb scenics. 'Diesels in the Duchy' both beautifully presented to the viewer, 'Brixham' (EM), Corris (009) Bodmin (P4) Maristow (7mm) and many more good layouts.

A big thankyou to Dave and the EMRC members for their hard work and problem solving. The exhibitors allotted space was invaded by wretched boot sale cars. There was chaos in the morning with cars all over the place belonging to people all seemingly to look at and buy a load c***. Very unsatisfactory for the organizers of the show who didn't need all that. The only up side was two parking 'enforcement' attendants issuing fixed penalty notices to many parked on yellow lines.

A few camera snaps.... 

'Corris'

A lovely layout that I'd never seen before, with some remarkable scratchbuilt engines and stock by Roy Allcock and some quite remarkable buildings and scenics from Geoff Broadhurst. A joy to behold!

post-6728-0-84571900-1401642444_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-58781600-1401642615_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-77802700-1401642688_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-51481400-1401642713_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-61170800-1401642738_thumb.jpg

A few more to follow...

Yes, a very enjoyable show marred only by the frequent loud and largely unintelligible PA announcements which often made holding a conversation difficult! Some very nice layouts there and it was nice to see 'Charmouth' and 'Pempoul' again and I was very impressed by 'Diesels in the Duchy' which deservedly won the cup for Best Layout against some stiff opposition.

Hi

Spent a very enjoyable day yesterday at the show.....

As said above some superb layouts &  traders with lots of things I wanted.....Spent far too much!!!!

An excellent show.....Well done to all who helped organise it

Cheers Bill

Archived