Bachmann 009 Skarloey Railway range

PaulRhB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a second one myself, from a friend in Canada. No news yet on the other loco coming to the US. Both the Skarloey locos now have smokebox fronts and handrails, but the cylinders are left as is for the moment. One is being painted black, one red. Both are now run in and work fine, if worked together the haulage is very good! Crew all painted, and will be fitted next, with a "slimline" backhead made in brass to fit the cab.

Four coaches are being worked on as well to go with them, plus some L&B stock.

Stephen

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Between these two, Bachmsnn's Baldwin 4-6-0, the Minitrains Baldwin 2-6-2 and Brigadelok 0-8-0 and, as I've recently discovered, the latest version of the Lilliput 0-6-2 and the Heljan MW, has there ever been so much choice in 009 rtr?

You   have  not  included  the  Fourdees  Range  of  RTR  009 locos  in   your  list!  Pricey  but  worth  a  look,

The  Bachmann/Liliput  ZB 0-6-2T  is  actually H0e  which is 3.5mm to the  foot,  but  not  that  you  would  notice too much, theres also   ROCO  H0e to consider as  well  3 or  4 locos in their  range   ( Check out Manchester Model Shop they currently  list quite  a  useful 0-6-0T at  around  £68)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It was put back to third quarter so in theory they are due anytime now.

Just checked my emails and Steve at Tootally said due 3rd but usually means 4th quarter.

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

You   have  not  included  the  Fourdees  Range  of  RTR  009 locos  in   your  list!  Pricey  but  worth  a  look,

The  Bachmann/Liliput  ZB 0-6-2T  is  actually H0e  which is 3.5mm to the  foot,  but  not  that  you  would  notice too much, theres also   ROCO  H0e to consider as  well  3 or  4 locos in their  range   ( Check out Manchester Model Shop they currently  list quite  a  useful 0-6-0T at  around  £68)

Hadn't heard of Fourdees, but the Bagnall is rather striking

Not so sure about "pricey" for the Fourdees stuff, your getting a hand finished model for the price of RTR!

http://fourdees.co.uk/

That's  very  true  if  you  look at it  that  way,!

Do you  have  any>  I am  looking  for  feedback, in  particular  weight of the locos,  I am  just  about to order   2.