Peak Forest early 90s

• RMweb Gold

Found this superb video from the early 90s with lots of 37 action. If like me you are interested in this area and time period then please sit back and enjoy!

Great video. Thanks very much.

I walked that path overlooking the sidings and SB at Peak Dale many years ago but was not sure if it was still open now. A lot has changed around there and I wasn't sure whether there is still a good view? Anyone know if it is worth a visit nowadays?

Looking at Google maps suggests that parking nearby is awkward.

Thanks again.

The path along the top that takes you across the little bridge and over the stile then into the fields next to the main Up Sidings is still there. However parking is a bit awkward during the week still. Well worth a visit but don't be surprised by lulls in traffic or movements.

Cheers Paul

• RMweb Premium

Hi, i'm not sure if that footpath is still there - i've been to Peak Forest many times and didn't know the path existed. You can still get photos at Peak Forest, but there are much fewer trains these days. Subscribing to Freightmaster is a good way of knowing what runs.

As for the video - excellent. Perhaps someone will make a DVD of Peak Forest in the 1970's, 1980s, 1990's and 2000 showing all the changes.

The video reminded me of a computer game/simulation I used to have years ago. It was to signal all the trains on the freight lines around Peak Forest and Buxton. Very realistic and challenging.

It is a cracking video, like a lot of modellers it makes you think just how good a layout the Peak Forest area would make. Especially if modelled in that period.

How good do the pairs of Tractors look on the hoppers?!! Lovely!

I think after the recently announced Hattons and Oxford Rail ICI Hoppers we will definitely see an increase in layouts modelling said location!

• RMweb Gold

Found this superb video from the early 90s with lots of 37 action. If like me you are interested in this area and time period then please sit back and enjoy!

Great stuff. Although not much of a diesel buff, I do like the various grey liveries of that era.

And I have been wondering how to make a large Midland box from Ratio kits with the need to "cut and shut" the roof mouldings without leaving a visible joint. Simples: replace the roof with BR era flat roof. I should have thought of that.

Archived