Eurotrack 2016

850lordnelson

• RMweb Premium

Interesting new venue. Parking looks limited at the moment from the Google view - so will you be announcing in due course what the arrangements will be? (Hopefully the Google view is hopelessly out of date.......) Looking forward already to seeing the next show.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting new venue. Parking looks limited at the moment from the Google view - so will you be announcing in due course what the arrangements will be? (Hopefully the Google view is hopelessly out of date.......) Looking forward already to seeing the next show.

We will be looking into this and will announce as soon as we have more details. We will be running the bus service from Southampton Central Station.

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I shall investigate whether it is still possible to fly down from Manchester or Liverpool, fly & taxi would be far preferable to driving or even, training down I'm sure.

I did once get my mate to drive me down from Derby, some thirty years ago waaay before sat-nav's and the like and before I could drive.

When we got in the car, he said "Where we going?" and I explained how we needed to get on the M1 to start with. When he said "how do we get to the M1" - I did worry whether we would ever make it to Southampton!!! (we did and it was great!).

Cheers,

John E.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good morning here is the list of layouts and trade stands at this year's show.

Solent Model Railway Show inc. eurotrack2016

Oasis Academy Lord's Hill

Romsey Road

Southampton

SAT NAV SO16 OXN

27th & 28th February 2016

title

Gauge Layout Description

Whilst the hall has disabled access but please note that the track height of the layouts varies from typically 76cm to 145cm.

Societies & Demonstrations

As in previous years there will be a wide selection of European railway societies:

Benelux Railways Society

European Railways Association

German Railway Society

Italian Railway Society

Scandinavian Railways Society

Swiss Railway Society

The Austrian Railways Group

The SNCF Society

The societies will present demonstrations and dioramas connected with their favourite railways. Other societies include:

2mm Scale Association (Promote & facilitate modelling at the scale of 2mm:1ft)

Railway Children (Charity for homeless children around the world)

The British 1:87 Scale Society (Promotes British H0 modelling)

There will be a display of Compagnie International des Wagons-Lits rolling stock and railwayana. Andy May continues his scratchbuilt S gauge models of Western Australia. FREE advice from Oxford TRAINing- Bernard Gudgin is a very experienced teacher, with several decades of modelling experience. He is happy to share their experience with you, talking through your plans and how you might achieve them - and save money! Book a 25 minute slot and receive help with planning your layout. Send the request to eurotrack.solentmrg@ntlworld.com.

Trade Support

There will be wide trade support typically and to be confirmed

AAR Models ...................................................... Die-cast model vehicles N to 0 gauge

Andy Lynch........................................................ Second hand trader

Bye-Lines........................................................... Second hand trader

Cheltenham Model Centre................................ General purpose trader

Chris Roberts..................................................... Continental second-hand dealer based in Paris

Country Park Models.......................................... Spare parts for RTR stock

David Smith Books............................................. Second hand books and old plastic kits

Edward Woorward.............................................. DCC modules/conversions, vehicles, scenics

FHP Audio Video................................................ Continental European Railway Videos

G & P Engineering...............................................Small Engineering Tools & Garden Railways

Gerald Savine..................................................... Railways of Switzerland limited edition prints & paintings

Mainline and Maritime......................................... Books and DVDs on the maritime and narrow gauge railways

MasterPiece Falcon Figures................................0 & 00 gauge model figures in lead free pewter

Pendukemodels...................................................Suppliers of scenic materials and accessories

Robert Heron.......................................................Compagnie International des Wagons-Lits Railwayana

Rail Room Electronics.........................................Switches, wire, etc. signals & yard lamps

Railway Books...................................................New and second hand railway books

Ron-Lines............................................................General purpose trader

Star Boutique .................................................. .French trader based in Auxerre, France

Weston Models....................................................N to O gauge die cut card kits

There will also be a bring and buy stand with 10% commission to the SMRG, if you wish to try to sell your surplus stock.

I was a late invite for the exhibition, but I am on the list under 'Ile de Singe'. Intend to be bringing a lot more, with the OO sibbling , Monkey Island and hopefully lots of 3D printed items to show people. Working on some new ideas, far too many to incorporate in my mini layouts, yet.

Just hoping weather is OK, as its a long way to travel down, but looking forward to it. I was exhibiting at Eastlegh in 2013.

Not on the list but Hobbs Warren will be there on a return visit.

attachicon.gifHobbs Warren webb.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0061.JPG

apologies that was the last list I was given. I will get an update as soon as I can. Look forward to seeing u there. Chris

I was a late invite for the exhibition, but I am on the list under 'Ile de Singe'. Intend to be bringing a lot more, with the OO sibbling , Monkey Island and hopefully lots of 3D printed items to show people. Working on some new ideas, far too many to incorporate in my mini layouts, yet.

Just hoping weather is OK, as its a long way to travel down, but looking forward to it. I was exhibiting at Eastlegh in 2013.

I'm hoping for good weather too. See you there

Archived