Goathland 2015 - 18th & 19th July

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

Whitby MRC presents 'The Goathland Show'.

Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th July.

From 10am to 4.30pm both days.

Entrance is only £1.

Layouts will include-

Rumbling Bridge 00 by Nick Skelton from Scarborough

Mickleover - (GN) N by Kevin Smith (Kes)

The Mill EM by Jason T & Chris GNR, 

Ferme du pont O14 by 49395, Poggy & Rob1090, seen last year as a work in progress, now substantially complete.

Whitborough Quayside 00 by JamzHatstand.

Wensleydale Cement & Lime Co O Whitby MRC.

Trade support from -

TMC.

Grosmont Bookshop.

Demo - Etched kit construction by Martin Smith.

Refreshments.

Tombola.

Free Parking.

Level access.

Our poster is attached, please feel free to print some off to display at your clubroom, or wherever you can.

2015 Poster.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Afternoon...

Getting the layout ready for the show at the weekend, lighting rig made & fitted, curtain made & fitted.

The buildings are 95% complete & the rest of the scenery is 85% (ish) done & stock is an ongoing thing.

We wont have the layout fully complete but it will be working & looking the best it can.

post-19016-0-06984600-1436876296_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to to the show & very much to the pub on saturday night.........

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/90024-the-mill/page-20

Chris

The Mill is all packed down & ready to load in the car in the morning.

Also packed stock, tools, controllers & a whole buch of bits & bobs to have a go at getting on with while not operating.

Setting off from Leeds about 7:00 so would have have plenty of time to set up & have a couple of tea's before opening.

Looking forward to a great weekend.

Chris

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your birthday Paul.

A great show and nice to meet so many RMweb members, a good job that you were able to help the Mill with some extra stock during my time there.

Jim

An absolutely superb day out and well done to Paul and the team for a cracking little show. Great fun and some excellent quality exhibits, a decent cup of tea and tasty cakes. If anyone can make it tomorrow please do support the event.

Johnny Gringo tries to work out how he can sneak more books back into the house.

IMG_20150718_142902.jpg

Nice to see Nick Skelton's excellent Rumbling Bridge again.

IMG_20150718_143016.jpg

Kevin's 'Mickleover' is an N gauge cracker.

IMG_20150718_143415.jpg

OG has taken delivery of a new car from its builder.

IMG_20150718_135817 (1).jpg

'The Mill' is a credit to Chris and Jason, it runs beautifully and there's loads of craftsmanship in a small area.

IMG_20150718_161459.jpg

Although one of its owners was feeling a bit sheepish today.

IMG_20150718_163410.jpg

Are we nearly there yet?

A1.jpg

If you tickle 'em like this it normally works.

IMG_20150718_162219.jpg

Millworker's special outing day.

IMG_20150718_163652.jpg

Jaymz's rather good quayside scene.

DSC_0012.JPG

Mike's superb 'Ferme du Pont' - very much looking forward to seeing the next stages with this.

Pano_0006.jpg

A super, super day.

The Mill is all packed down & ready to load in the car in the morning.

Also packed stock, tools, controllers & a whole buch of bits & bobs to have a go at getting on with while not operating.

Setting off from Leeds about 7:00 so would have have plenty of time to set up & have a couple of tea's before opening.

Looking forward to a great weekend.

Chris

I hope these words taste as nice as Paul's birthday cake, because your going to have to eat at least some of them! ;)

Tomorrow should be easier, as long as you don't spend all night on Greyscroft!

Cheers

J

How's the heads chaps after the birthday celebrations?

Did you all get to the show on time?

Did everyone remember everything?

We did take a little time for an amble before getting to the show.

76079bs.jpg

76079as.jpg

We did wait to see another train but due to my inability to read the timetable properly it was wasted time as the dining train wasn't running yesterday.

John wonders if breaks the railway historians' code of conduct to water the shrubbery in the vicinity of George Stephenson.

Tramway_bridge_s.jpg

His call of nature led to an 1836 hole to look into.

Culvert_as.jpg

We missed seeing the last train out of Goathland (as we were in the pub) but stopped off at Pickering to moan that the signals didn't look right but agreed that the Q6 sounded wonderful.

63395aBWs.jpg

• RMweb Premium

What a weekend. After setting off late and then ending up in Catterick and 40 miles from Newcastle, we finally got to Goathland half an hour late, set up and realised that the locos were in Chris's modelling room back in Leeds. Cue Chris having a ridiculously long drive and me operating the layout with Paul's locos with DG couplings which thankfully also work with electromagnets.

The layout had very few glitches and ran surprisingly well; a bit of track adjustment was all that was needed on one turnout. We even managed to get a few outstanding jobs done this morning.

The layout seemed to go down very well and only one tit asked if the buildings were kits.

Great weekend, great show, great host, great night in the pub. Just great really :)

A most enjoyable weekend indeed, glad to be able to join in the birthday celebrations, and the general good humour of the show!

I might be a bit cross eyed now from shunting (or wine) but that'll pass and I'll continue my hunt for a Duracell tanker!

Cheers

J

Evening...

Had a really great weekend at the Goathland show. Despite the Catterick diversion & the four hour jaunt back home to Leeds to get the Locos & few wagons we left at mine on the Saturday morning The Mill performed really well with only the odd tweak needed. The AJs worked well given its the first time the layout has been used for a decent running session, a couple of wagons AJs want adjusting but nothing major. Lots of really positive & flattering comments from the public & fellow modellers about the layout & a few laughs at my expense.

Has been good meeting some new faces & getting chance to catch up with people also a couple of bargains had off the club stand.

Huge thanks to Paul & the rest of the gang from the club for the invite & hosting an excellent show with fantastic atmosphere. Looking forward to next years.....

Had a great night at the pub helping Paul celebrate his birthday where I managed to make quite a lot of Guinness disappear......... Thanks again for putting us up at yours......

post-19016-0-25170800-1437341692.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Archived