Annie's Virtual Pre-Grouping, Grouping and BR Layouts & Workbench

4 hours ago, Annie said:

I think I'll give up on all this digital railway modelling malarkey and write strange alien science fiction bodice rippers instead.

Why would strange aliens have bodices to rip?  Or am I looking at things in the wrong direction?

:whistle:

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Why would strange aliens have bodices to rip?  Or am I looking at things in the wrong direction?

It's dangerous to post questions like that on here!  @Edwardian always has an answer for it!

Jim

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

15 hours ago, Edwardian said:

8e9fbedd2568129760b99070cbac9ef0.jpg.9f450208fbaa3c956270c37d324e52b0.jpg

Ummmmm.... yes.....  I'd forgotten about her....

14 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Tentacles, conventionally.

That is so

14 hours ago, Edwardian said:

People are suckers for them

In the context, they are suckers for people...

13 hours ago, Caley Jim said:

It's dangerous to post questions like that on here!  @Edwardian always has an answer for it!

Jim

Its a worrisome trait.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

You only have to take a look at this webpage on a Doctor Who website to see that film makers have frequently struggled to create believable alien races that may or may not wear bodices.  https://thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctorwho/characters/aliens/

I think the picture James found of Madam Vastra is pretty darn corker though.

Edited by Annie
Um.........
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, Northroader said:

They forgot to do the dreaded BLUMASKYIES:DA344E44-1532-4B66-A070-A9485107EDA8.jpeg.92d172f4f4815d051830f7c1feff25e6.jpeg

That reminds of that classic 1966 anti-vaccine movie, set in 1918 at the height of the Spanish Flu epidemic ...   

2103147285_TheBlueMask.jpg.2459d02eb989916966bb89087805e3f2.jpg

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

I woke up and the C32 was still there in all its glorious blueness.  Definitely a win.  After Ed did the T26 'Intermediate' a C32 was the next logical step really since it's a very much a close cousin to a T26.  In the recent past there had been talk bandied about at odd times about the possibility of a Worsdell  M15, but I think I much prefer a Holden C32 instead.

Carefree Summer days and all that.  There's an old TS2004 layout 'Restormel Castle' that I've been aware of for a while.  It was made by the same chap as made the TS2004 version of the Minehead branch - ,'Turks Castle', - that I've been rebuilding of and on for a while now.

It's a strange piece of layout building though since all the LSWR half of the layout has been built as if it's part of the GWR.  None of the station layouts are especially accurate anyway so I could rebuild it entirely as a complete flight of fancy and change all the station names.

DZWQZxN.jpg

vWa272c.jpg

Map of the 'LSWR' half of the layout.

45bqLap.jpg

• Like 7

On 14/05/2021 at 15:20, Annie said:

I think I'll give up on all this digital railway modelling malarkey and write strange alien science fiction bodice rippers instead.

Rather than bodice ripper SF, if you were to write strange alien railway related science fiction, then I would be in the market for that.

On 14/05/2021 at 15:20, Annie said:

4 hours ago, rocor said:

Rather than bodice ripper SF, if you were to write strange alien railway related science fiction, then I would be in the market for that.

4 hours ago, Edwardian said:

designing-solo-james-clyne-train-3.jpg.10d7c2fc5a47052f52ddc25cb4bb237f.jpg

I feel that we're travelling down a strange and incomprehensible rabbit-hole.  Whether we're being conveyed by an alien railway or not is beside the point.... :crazy:

Ahem!!!!

On the other hand, those bold, blue GER locos are absolutely spiffing!!!

Wanna T26!!!

35 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I feel that we're travelling down a strange and incomprehensible rabbit-hole.  Whether we're being conveyed by an alien railway or not is beside the point.... :crazy:

Ahem!!!!

On the other hand, those bold, blue GER locos are absolutely spiffing!!!

Wanna T26!!!

Slap on the wrist for meandering far off-topic, noted and understood.

• RMweb Premium

A T26 'Intermediate' at Moxbury.  It really is a dream come true to be able to caption one of my snaps with those words

7M8kav4.jpg

After messing about in TMR17 and TANE for far too long trying to sort out my Norfolk layout I decided to go in the direction the best Uk locomotive builders for Trainz are going so I bundled up my Norfolk layout (yet again and hopefully for the last time) and installed into TRS19 SP3.  This is the latest build of the Trainz simulator and while some bits of it are still somewhat of a WIP and slightly buggy it's definitely showing signs of improvement.  I now have a lot of work to do to make my layout look nice again, but I think overall it will be worth it.

ebWyBZ3.jpg

A Claud has always been a rare sight at Moxbury, but today was a special occasion.  Ed taking the trouble to re-letter the tender with the correct GER initials has really lifted the looks of this venerable old Trainz model. 

UEs4arO.jpg

And by way of a comment on the previous postings made in my absence. 

Vo8uH8y.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Annie said:

After Ed did the T26 'Intermediate' a C32 was the next logical step really since it's a very much a close cousin to a T26.

Basically a tank engine version of the tender loco, more of a half-sibling than a cousin!

• Agree 1

On 17/05/2021 at 04:27, Annie said:

There's an old TS2004 layout 'Restormel Castle' that I've been aware of for a while. 

Yes, one of my favourites.

If you can find i, I think you'd also love UKSomewhere. I have a TRS2004 version with some missing content that couldn't be found on the DLS because it was from various European sites. Every now and then I set out on an Arthurian quest to try and find some more of the content.

I tried in in TS2009 and wasn't happy with the poor vegetation, billboard trees just don't look right after TC3.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 17/05/2021 at 12:11, rocor said:

Rather than bodice ripper SF, if you were to write strange alien railway related science fiction,

If I remember it right, in "The Man who fell to earth", the alien's family were shown waiting for him in vain at some sort of monorail station?

Edited by AdamsRadial

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AdamsRadial said:

Yes, one of my favourites.

If you can find i, I think you'd also love UKSomewhere. I have a TRS2004 version with some missing content that couldn't be found on the DLS because it was from various European sites. Every now and then I set out on an Arthurian quest to try and find some more of the content.

I tried in in TS2009 and wasn't happy with the poor vegetation, billboard trees just don't look right after TC3.

Some time ago I managed to find all the obscure non-DLS assets for UKSomewhere, but it took a fair bit of persistence on my part to finally chase down the last of them.  I still have a copy of it installed in TS2012, but it doesn't look very good due to the vegetation and billboard trees not being rendered properly.  I should try it in TC3 since it is a great example of vintage Trainz scenic modelling.

• RMweb Premium

A snap I took of BH&FER 'Sharpie' No.14 at Foxhollow.  Scenically my Norfolk layout is a mess and will take a lot to sort out after moving it over to TRS19 SP3, but the trains are able to run which makes it less of an ordeal than it might have been. 

I'm crashing out asleep a lot at the moment which is frustrating, but in between trips to the dreamworld I am managing to get some things done.

nRwqR56.jpg

• Like 8