DB Schenker to buy First GBRf

I suppose it's too much to hope for that the new SNCFRf will start competing with road hauliers instead of just trying to nick traffic that is already passing by rail. Or is that in the too difficult bracket ?

Andy

Could we see the livery reverting to blue and orange?laugh.gif

cheers

I'm really out of touch as I didnt even know they had ditched blue and orange! I devised a livery based on orange and yellow and a GB Railways logo that I sent to the then new company some years back. In return they were kind enough to send me photos of their new Class 66 locos before delivery in their adopted blue livery.

Sadly images saved on disc got corrupted.

post-6680-12753900116.jpg

I suppose it's too much to hope for that the new SNCFRf will start competing with road hauliers instead of just trying to nick traffic that is already passing by rail. Or is that in the too difficult bracket ?

Andy

Europorte/ Eurotunnel are nothing to do with SNCF- otherwise, I'd have been able to retire five years ago...GBRf have already been working closely with Europorte on the training of drivers from Dolland's Moor to Wembley and beyond- given that GBRf already has a pool of their own drivers with wide route-knowledge, I wonder if that programme will continue. EP2 have recently bought Veolia's French freight business, so GBRf is a good fit with that- they handle a broad range of services, from American-style 'shortline' workings around Burgundy to container services from Italy and the Spanish border to Dourges (between Lille and Arras) The latter includes some traffic which formerly went from the UK by rail, and which was lost at the beginning of the last decade.

As Brian says, GBRf will be a good fit with Eurotunnel's Europorte France businesses (former Veolia Cargo French operations).

It looks like Eurotunnel are now serious about developing the Channel Tunnel's underused freight potential.

Following the take over, Veolia Cargo France, Veolia Cargo Link and CFTA Cargo were rebranded as Europorte France, Europorte Link and Europorte proximity.

Will we see a re-branding of GBRf to match ?

p.s. As already said, this has nothing to do with SNCF. Also note EP2 has now been re-branded Europorte Channel.

As Brian says, GBRf will be a good fit with Eurotunnel's Europorte France businesses (former Veolia Cargo French operations).

It looks like Eurotunnel are now serious about developing the Channel Tunnel's underused freight potential.

Following the take over, Veolia Cargo France, Veolia Cargo Link and CFTA Cargo were rebranded as Europorte France, Europorte Link and Europorte proximity.

Will we see a re-branding of GBRf to match ?

p.s. As already said, this has nothing to do with SNCF. Also note EP2 has now been re-branded Europorte Channel.

Let's get the trains running before we start worrying about what colour to paint them- the B-Ark have spent too much time 'rebranding' stuff since Sectorisation. My old boss, Pascal Sainson, is heading up the new organisation, so we should see some common sense.

Let's get the trains running before we start worrying about what colour to paint them.......

Absolutely, but I think a re-branding is inevitable if EuroPorte want to to start developing and marketing services to/from the UK and mainland Europe. A single "branded product" will sell better.

On another note; will we see Europorte Class 92's being introduced into the GBRf side of the operation?

I'm really out of touch as I didnt even know they had ditched blue and orange!

There's sorta still some blue and orange even on the most recent additions, but mostly buried under First group striping (look closely and there's an orange section below the yellow panels!) - the original batches are still going round in the large-logo-esque blue and orange schemes with some modifications to lettering and logo's after the First group takeover.

12iin2.jpg

12iip5.jpg

As already said not SNCF - but GBRf has several flows which I think are new to rail, and others where they have expanded services as well as existing rail contracts won by competitive tender (which is something that all the UK freight operators have done at some point or other!)

Fat Controller, on 01 June 2010 - 11:50 , said:

Let's get the trains running before we start worrying about what colour to paint them.......

Absolutely, but I think a re-branding is inevitable if EuroPorte want to to start developing and marketing services to/from the UK and mainland Europe. A single "branded product" will sell better.

Would have thought that the GBRf name/brand would have been worth something - looking at what they have done with the Veolia names maybe it'll just be Europorte GBRf?

On another note; will we see Europorte Class 92's being introduced into the GBRf side of the operation?

Might depend on how they see these aquisitions developing and how (or if!) they integrate them - if GBRf are an integral part of a larger organisation then maybe, if they are just a UK subsidiary (an in-house subcontractor for any UK hauls?) then maybe not.

There were 6 interested parties including Freightliner,and DBS.

Thankfully (for us, anyway) it was neither of these, which would have almost certainly meant job losses to all positions.

It is hoped that we will be pretty much left alone to get on with things, as we have made considerable profit even during the recession.

the name of the company is now GB Railfreight Ltd.

Glad its sorted and i can now return to forums without awkward questions that i recieved on some other sites!!!

jon

• RMweb Gold

My first EuroPorte working :)

66721 on 4C52, Fiddlers Ferry - Newbiggin at Helsby, 02 June 2010.

post-6662-127547600642_thumb.jpg

Glad its sorted for the GBRF guys, having been sold in the past I know that it's not always a good thing :(

Guest Phil

There were 6 interested parties including Freightliner,and DBS.

Thankfully (for us, anyway) it was neither of these, which would have almost certainly meant job losses to all positions.

It is hoped that we will be pretty much left alone to get on with things, as we have made considerable profit even during the recession.

the name of the company is now GB Railfreight Ltd.

Glad its sorted and i can now return to forums without awkward questions that i recieved on some other sites!!!

jon

Indeed Jon.

I was speaking to one of the Controllers a few months ago and he spoke of some interesting stuff planned for prior to the recession. Lets hope the market picks up for all the FOCs.

Archived