Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Now that would be nice, but sadly No.

Its the same as an article that appeared in an American Modelling Mag, and talking about and recommending my Back Scene Painting Demo from You Tube. Nice but no coinage.:spiteful:

Look at it this way - you have notoriety!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

9 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Went to Exeter on occasions despite Notwork Southeast pretending it was in their area Exeter is well into bandit country.

Ex Central was SR, Ex St Davids was both but controlled by GWR I believe.

I remember seeing NSE Cl 50's struggling out of St Davids up the bank to Central for onward to Honiton etc. 

I fancy doing a model of St Davids, its in the Peco Track Plan Book and would be great to do, with its 4 way Traffic flow, but it would need to be in N to fit into almost any house room.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Ex Central was SR, Ex St Davids was both but controlled by GWR I believe.

I remember seeing NSE Cl 50's struggling out of St Davids up the bank to Central for onward to Honiton etc. 

I fancy doing a model of St Davids, its in the Peco Track Plan Book and would be great to do, with its 4 way Traffic flow, but it would need to be in N to fit into almost any house room.

CJF did at least three plans based on Central. As I recall, the smallest fitted into 14' x 8'. Much simplified of course but it allowed all the principal movements to be replicated.

There have been models in N (at least two) , TT, and 00. If the goods yard is modelled, it gets a bit wide in 00.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I'll tell the Bank Manager that next time he asks about the Overdraft  Peter.:laugh:

You might want to mention to him that you'd need rolling stock for an Exeter St David's. But possibly not at the same time as discussing an overdraft! :D

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Never went to the Sow west:o

It wasn't in NSE livery perhaps but in 1975 I went on a railtour with 2 Cromptons top-and-tailing 2 VEPs and the through-wired buffet 1872 in between. All the way to Meeth and Meldon. A grand day out.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

CJF did at least three plans based on Central. As I recall, the smallest fitted into 14' x 8'. Much simplified of course but it allowed all the principal movements to be replicated.

There have been models in N (at least two) , TT, and 00. If the goods yard is modelled, it gets a bit wide in 00.

Yes CJF's plans in the Peco book is a good one, even the condensed version.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, AndyB said:

You might want to mention to him that you'd need rolling stock for an Exeter St David's. But possibly not at the same time as discussing an overdraft! :D

Hi Andy, Good job most Banks don't have real Managers these days:laugh:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

It wasn't in NSE livery perhaps but in 1975 I went on a railtour with 2 Cromptons top-and-tailing 2 VEPs and the through-wired buffet 1872 in between. All the way to Meeth and Meldon. A grand day out.

Sounds like a great day out, I was only a young kid of 25, in 1975. :D

• Like 4

When I saw you wearing a Pink Floyd T-shirt I thought you were going all introspective and going to give Bute Road the chop. 

South Hants is a great location for variety. I wasn't too far off the mark with my joke about Eastleigh! The estuary/ river bit of the layout reminds me of Redbridge/Totton. The curving platforms and sidings are also rather like Redbridge.

I still find the name Bute Road, still make me think of Cardiff though. It never sounded very Cornish to my ears.

And you seem to be enjoying it all the more now. That's what it's all about.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

When I saw you wearing a Pink Floyd T-shirt I thought you were going all introspective and going to give Bute Road the chop. 

South Hants is a great location for variety. I wasn't too far off the mark with my joke about Eastleigh! The estuary/ river bit of the layout reminds me of Redbridge/Totton. The curving platforms and sidings are also rather like Redbridge.

I still find the name Bute Road, still make me think of Cardiff though. It never sounded very Cornish to my ears.

And you seem to be enjoying it all the more now. That's what it's all about.

Hi Peter and Thanks, Bute Road comes from the name of the Road where my late Father was born, so has a very personal connection to me.

Think Beaulieu Road.:D

Edited by Andrew P
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Well done that man ? l didn't say so at the time, but l thought all that freight would get boring (after a while) l know it would have been a spotters dream with all that going on, one freight after another, but not very realistic, l love the new passenger stock you have got now to balance things up, looking forward to the future progress .and remember that rule one will always win ???

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, georgeT said:

Well done that man ? l didn't say so at the time, but l thought all that freight would get boring (after a while) l know it would have been a spotters dream with all that going on, one freight after another, but not very realistic, l love the new passenger stock you have got now to balance things up, looking forward to the future progress .and remember that rule one will always win ???

Cheers Bud, reminds me of the day we first met on Eastleigh Station back in about 1992ish.

The Stock has moved on since then, but the atmosphere is still the same.

• Like 2