Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Andrew Jukes

Jol Wilkinson

Andrew Jukes, who will be best known to members of the S4 Society, passed away suddenly on 22 October.

Most recently he was known as the owner of Exactoscale products and had also been Chairman of the S4 Society. In conjunction with the late Len Newman he ensured that a range of items were available that enabled the 4mm scale modeller to produce realistic and practical  trackwork.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold

Until a few years ago I had no idea about Andrew's interests in modelling. I knew him as the BR Board's Investment Advisor. I worked with him on a number of exercises, including revised Investment Procedures, and we once had a long chat about an IT project I was managing - we shared a jaundiced view of the in-house supplier. He had formerly worked at RR on RB211 in its early days, and later I think been Project Manager for the Central Line upgrade. When BRB Chairman John Welsby changed the HQ setup, Andrew became Director of Business Review, keeping the Sectors honest in the final run-up to Privatisation. He was famous in the press for putting his money where his mouth was - and being successful with leading one of the ROSCOs, where he made a bob or two on selling out. 

A calm, considered sort of man. Sorry he has gone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 months later...