Matchbox 1961 Ford Falcon Ranchero

steve1

Found this in a pound shop the other day. It scales out dimensionally  at 95% correct for 4mm, pleasingly.

This one will get a matt varnish spray but I think I have overdone the shut lines. A black wash in the grille and silvering the headlights finish it off.

Given the paucity of pickups in this scale, it could be worth stripping down and a repaint, plus substituting some more utilitarian rims.

steve

FD9674A7-6997-4B8C-BB6E-63BB183AEDAB.jpeg

24C885B9-125D-4798-9C81-983C085C30EB.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Though they claim to be 1/64 scale the current Matchbox offerings are as varied as they ever were with regards to scale. They have produced other vehicles that are near to 00 scale. I have a Nissan (Dodge) double cab pick up, the prototype is nineteen feet long, the model three inches. The problem with todays Matchbox models is that they seem to have very short production runs, they appear in the shops for a month or two and then they are gone.

• Like 2

Here's another Matchbox Dodge which is almost accurate - the slight shortfall in overall length is due to the rear door being modelled shorter than the front, whereas in reality they were the same. A change of wheels and a little paint detailing helped, mirrors still to be added. Matchbox also do a very nice 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix which is just a bit too far oversize for me, but I bought one anyway, just because some years ago a girlfriend owned one.

DSCN6074.JPG

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I can't identify what it is supposed to be, but this plastic Kentoys pick-up would appear to be about 1/76th. It came in a pound shop set of fairly random vehicles all in the same white 'POLICE' livery.

Kentoys pick-up 1-76th approx.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, phil_sutters said:

I can't identify what it is supposed to be, but this plastic Kentoys pick-up would appear to be about 1/76th. It came in a pound shop set of fairly random vehicles all in the same white 'POLICE' livery.

Kentoys pick-up 1-76th approx.jpg

I had the similar fire brigade set with a Volkswagen T2 van and a Toyota people carrier, all about the same scale.

• RMweb Gold

From the front grills shown on that site, I would have thought 3rd generation. The dimensions for that give the scale nearer to 1/72nd. Thanks anyway.

When I was painting wargames figures, it was going to be used as an irregulars' combat vehicle, with a HMG mounted on it, but it got sidelined, as quite a few of my projects do. Now I am back to railway modelling after about 50years.

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1