Locomotive Classes That Received Any Form of BR Blue In Normal Service

• RMweb Premium

I normally call it 'BR Blue', but I kind of knew that others might use that as an excuse to include the other forms of blue that BR trialled at various times and not keep to the obvious one I meant, so I said Standard in order to try and be more specific. What I should have said, of course, was Corporate, but that didn't come to mind at the time of writing the original post.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2022 at 19:18, MidlandRed said:

I’ve just been looking at my spotting book from that day - of the four March 70 withdrawals all were there but E26017 (additionally E26000 was neither at Bury or Reddish). There were certainly more than one grounded body (definitely 35 and 42) - I think it possible either E26005 was intact or it was subsequently re-bogied and taken to Crewe. My trip was 28th August 1969. 

And yes you’re right re withdrawals - I recall encountering class 24s from the first 20 (D5000-5019) in Basford Hall ‘stored’ - in reality they were dumped and had been cannibalised - this was 5/2/69 - D5001, 9 and 13 were the ones recorded that day (5001 cabbed!!)

Hi. Not a direct reply to you but to the posts on the 76s. I am sure I read in a book years ago that some numbers were used by more than one locomotive so maybe that would explain discrepancies in sightings etc? Can’t remember the source but it was a proper publication (Ian Allan or similar)

Edit. Not at the same time obviously but (for example) the number 76xxx being used again later for whatever reason. 

Edited by ianmacc
Clarity