Ladders for tank wagons

Guest Jack Benson

• RMweb Gold

I confess I do look out for suitable signal ladders at exhibitions - they are often plausible and reasonably fine even if not entirely accurate.

Chris H

Edited by Gilbert

8 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Stenson Models now available at willsworkbench.com

Mike.

Good to know  Stenson stuff is the best in my eyes, but I have used A1 models ladders for TTA'S as well for a bit of a cheaper option.

For my TEA'S I got some SKits ones, mail order only but they are good, I have pics of the price list somewhere. Drop me a pm and I'll send on.

May be a bit out of your time frame but maybe of use.

Cheers

James

• Agree 1

On 16/07/2022 at 11:46, Gilbert said:

I confess I do look out for suitable signal ladders at exhibitions - they are often plausible and reasonably fine even if not entirely accurate.

Chris H

I've been trying to find a suitable metal mesh, where the holes are the right size and shape, and also with the wires welded together, so that I could cut out ladders from it, (without all the rungs falling out!!!) I did find a plastic one, but it was too floppy. I've looked at things with mesh in them, like seives for example, but usually the holes are too small or the holes are diamond shaped. However,  I think the idea is probably okay, it's just a question of finding something. I even looked at buying stainless steel mesh from China, but it was all a bit tricky. UK suppliers were either too expensive or like China I had to buy about 100 yards of it !!!

Also does anyone know if A1 Models has a website, all I can find are a few bits on ebay? 

GE

On 16/07/2022 at 10:25, Jack Benson said:

Hi,

Is there a source for 'better' ladders for older 4mm tank wagon kits? 

Hi all,

I've found this at last, Ratio do some signal ladders as a pack, on the Peco site,

No. 451 Signal Ladders four strips for a fiver.

Hope this is useful.

GE