Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Dirty Tricks

Trains4U

Hello everyone,

It has become apparent over the last couple of months that someone, or a group of people have it in for us as a business.

The latest problem surrounds rumours that have been circulating indicating that we have gone out of business. so much so that I have heard reports from more than one model railway club and even the Staff at the local Modelzone were in the belief and therefore advising customers that we had closed.

The situation with Modelzone has been resolved this morning, however, I just wanted to point out that our business is in good health, we have not gone out of business, nor are we about to, in any shape or form.

I think I might know if that were the case, and anyone who was at Doncaster, or is in driving distance of the showroom and visited us will know that we are still very much operational.

Any reports of us having gone out of business are false and I would welcome it if members of this forum could help to spread that message, perhaps to your clubs and any other forums that you may frequent.

Additionally if anyone can identify the source of the rumour (I have my suspicions) then that would be very useful indeed.

We do close on Mondays, and our .co.uk web domain is currently not connecting to our new .COM website, so this may cause some to believe there is an issue, but I can assure everyone that there is not. However the speed at which this rumour has spread leads me to believe it is another malicious attempt to discredit our business, though the purposes of this remain unclear at this time.

Thanks in advance for helping to put this rumour to bed and I look forward to at least another three and a half decades working in this business under the Trains4U banner...

Gareth Helliwell

Director

Trains4U Limited

*Edited for spelling*

Guest dilbert

Rails of Sheffield had a similar experience 5+ years ago, so it was around the time of RMWeb V1.0 - I think you're approaching this the right way - just let people know on different internet fora, thru the modelling printed press and may be advertising in the local rags etc... that you are still open for business.. dilbert

PS I didn't know about the new .com address until I read your post

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

I'm a pretty regular customer at T4U and I must admit I didn't realise the website address had changed and was now active - I always thought Gareth and the team were missing a trick with the website so I am glad this is now sorted.

cheers

Ben A.

I just wanted to point out that our business is in good health, we have not gone out of business, nor are we, in any shape or form.

Glad to hear it and long may it continue to be so.

However the speed at which this rumour has spread leads me to believe it is another malicious attempt to discredit our business, though the purposes of this remain unclear at this time.

One of the thieves who broke in and was upset at being banged to rights?

An unhappy unreasonable customer?

Just some goon on the internet with nothing better to do?

• RMweb Gold

I've just registered for Gareth's on-line store, I suggest that we all do the same to show our support :)

I did last night and bought a Realtrack FLA which I've been coveting since seeing it on theT4U stand at Doncaster. It's rare to see a quality bunch like this one.Support a real model shop run by one of us.

Hi Gareth, just visited your new site. There's a slight problem with the menu down the side:

post-7489-0-71687000-1297930578_thumb.jpg

This is in clunky old IE6 admittedly, but still a corporate standard for many organisations I believe :(

Not the end of the world, the site is still perfectly useable, and I’m only posting this up as a ‘one for the fix list’ and not criticism.

Used them for the first time on Sunday night (via the web).

They are shut Mondays, parcel arrived to day safe and well packaged.:D

Good price to!

Soo I can PERSONALLY vouch for the service and the fact they are alive and kicking.

If only other shops were as responsive!

Well done T4U, will reccomend and use again.:P

Usual disclaimer!

I to can say that trains4u is in great health and was shocked to hear this news.I have and used there services on many occasions and have had many of trade with them and will continue to do so and thank gareth and there staff for a great service and may it continue for many years.

richard.

Really sorry to hear of the above - I'm speechless frankly at some of the rumours which get thrown around the hobby. I did hear this one from a friend some weeks back, but I thought nothing of it as I'm certain we'd have seen something on RMweb if it were true.

All the best Gareth, and I'll be logging onto the site to have a shop when the funds allow! :)

Archived