Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

Newton Harbour

BR Blue Scotrail

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 Signaller69

Signaller69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales

Posted 07 August 2017 - 16:27

New addition. For the 60s period. But damage done. The lower section of one of the side bogie frames had snapped off. 1st time this has happened to a Heljan 26/27 in my possession (10 so far ). So it was out with the super glue and stick it back on to the frame. Then to strengthen it , I stuck a small piece of plastic over the join on the rear. It's not noticeable when viewed from the front. When dry it will be touched up with brake dust to blend in. Last photo of the bogie is the good side!

Very neat repair Simon, Heljan bogie frame plastic is not the easiest stuff to work with!
  • Thanks x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#102 EnglishElectricFan

EnglishElectricFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCherry Tree, Blackburn

Posted 13 August 2017 - 14:58

Lazy Sunday afternoon. Pair of 20s and route learner 122 in the yard at Newton harbour.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Like x 6

#103 EnglishElectricFan

EnglishElectricFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 16:01

Snowploughs and discs added. Is it just me or do other people have problems attaching the Helmand snowploughs to the buffer beam???

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Like x 3

#104 EnglishElectricFan

EnglishElectricFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 16:25

The Backscene which will be used for the new smaller Newton harbour. Comments gladly received . I think this will be ok once all the buildings and scenic details are done. Not exactly the Ayrshire coast, but will look better than mountains for a background for that part of Scotland. I'm hoping the station building will hide the modern warehouse in the background. I do have some older style brick warehouse fronts I could mount on board to give a bit of depth to place infront of that part of the Backscene. Have to see when I get to that stage !!!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Like x 7

#105 EnglishElectricFan

EnglishElectricFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 18:24

Idea of station track layout.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• Like x 1

#106 Signaller69

Signaller69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales

Posted 14 August 2017 - 14:10

Backscene looks great, it sets the scene without dominating the layout in my opinion.

Well done getting the ploughs on your 26, very fiddly with those tiny brake pipes; mine went in the bits box to possibly end up on a 20 or 25; some photos of my efforts to do D5301 are on my bodging thread, I've moved onto kitbashing a fishing boat now!

New trackplan offers potential, have you decided how you will disguise the fiddle yard exit?

Martyn.
  • Agree x 1

#107 EnglishElectricFan

EnglishElectricFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 19:12

Backscene looks great, it sets the scene without dominating the layout in my opinion.
Well done getting the ploughs on your 26, very fiddly with those tiny brake pipes; mine went in the bits box to possibly end up on a 20 or 25; some photos of my efforts to do D5301 are on my bodging thread, I've moved onto kitbashing a fishing boat now!
New trackplan offers potential, have you decided how you will disguise the fiddle yard exit?
Martyn.

Hi Martyn
The fiddle yard will be masked by an over bridge . Still playing around with this part of the layout as I have the Hornby green tin workshop which I want to use as a boat repair shop or something on those lines. I want to position this adjacent the slip way and to the side of the road down from the overbridge.
That's the idea anyway !
Simon.

Edited by EnglishElectricFan, 14 August 2017 - 19:14 .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BR Blue, Scotrail