Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

Millarville mkII this time its Freemo

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 Glorious NSE

Glorious NSE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,366 posts
  • LocationExeter, UK

Posted 14 November 2017 - 19:04

Yes they do. Click under HO. £1.60 a pair is reasonable really.

Probably a decade or so I used to figure on it costing £2.50 per car, £1 for metal wheels, £1.50 for couplers, so yeah, £1.60 per car is pretty good (probably some of that value is the bulk packs versus me using small packs back then)...

Wheelsets are more expensive, but then most cars now come with metal wheelsets!

• Agree x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#102 Regularity

Regularity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationA Midanglian in the middle of Middle Anglia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 19:17

but then most cars now come with metal wheelsets!

When modellers bemoan “finescale”, they overlook things like this: finescale modellers did this as a matter of routine, and wrote about how it improved the running. As manufacturers started to realise that model railways is a hobby for serious adults, and no longer about train sets on the carpet, they started to pay more attention to fidelity and quality.

This is true across the hobby, in all popular scales, not just American outline H0. (Look at the Lionheart pannier tanks, the latest Grafar offerings, Hornby’s re-tooledFlying Scotsman, etc...)
  • Like x 1

#103 roundhouse

roundhouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,308 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 19:59

The bulk packs are the way to go. Luckily although sadly I have many years supply of Kadees after our late friend Graham’s collection of Kadees came our way