• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#151 delticfan

delticfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 16:53

My initial order for this is staying firmly put, it looks stunning well done.

#152 Silverstreak

Silverstreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 22:21

I'm not familiar with the prototype, but a few small details that the talented toolmakers might be able to tinker with:

Remove rounded top edge to driving wheel splashers?

Expansion Link looks a bit 2-dimensional.

Heavy rims to moulded portion of front bogie wheels and perfunctory appearance of spokes within.

Has there been any change to the drive mechanism since the initial CAD presentation?

-Brian

Yes the expansion link is a poor representation

Sniffing valve behind the chimney is inaccurate

Chimney shape is still a bit suspect to my eye

I would like to have seen a head on front view to judge the shape of the smoke defectors The ones on Flying Scotsman are not totally accurate representation of those fitted in BR days. The dimensions are probably correct just the shape/contour is off

Bob

#153 wychcan

wychcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 16:14

Afternoon all,

We have now received the first engineering prototype for the Class A3 and we're sure you'll agree that it looks absolutely stunning.

The A3 is shaping up very nicely and we're very happy with how the model is looking so far. Once our checks are complete, the project will progress onto the livery sample stage. The first EP for the Class A4 should be with us before too long as well.

I've included a few images for your perusal below. Please feel free to give us your feedback and thoughts on the progress so far.

All versions of the A3 are still available to pre-order on THIS page of our website.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,  looking great.  comment, will the tender "coal" be removable, (i think it gives the appearance of being 'toy' like)

Nigel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A3, A4, Teak, Gresley, O gauge, Record breakers