RevolutioN announce 40' containers for N gauge with =C=Rail

Andy Y

WORLD'S MOST POPULAR BOX FROM FROM REVOLUTION

Revolution Trains – the new company that uses crowd-funding principles to produce niche train models – is teaming up with C-Rail Intermodal to produce the 40’ hi-cube container in N.

The 40’ hi-cube is now the world’s most common container type, and the stepping effect seen when they are mixed with standard height containers is a characteristic feature of intermodal trains.  

So far none of the taller 9'6 containers have been produced at RTR models or kits, so in many ways it's the missing link for those modelling intermodal trains in British N Gauge, and it fits perfectly with our ethos of filling the gaps the mainstream manufacturers can’t.

Although optimised to fit Revolution's forthcoming KFA container flat, this model will be compatible with any suitable wagons already available in N.

The wagons will be offered in six versions selected to reflect the most numerous containers observed in service:

1)     Maersk

40' Maersk.jpg

2)     MSC

40' MSC.jpg

3)     UASC

40' UASC.jpg

4)     Hamburg Sud

40' Hamburg Sud.jpg

5)     Evergreen

40' Evergreen.jpg

6)     Hanjin

40' Hanjin.jpg

In the 18 months since we started work on our first model - the Class 390 Pendolino - we have learned a lot, and feel we have shown that our crowd-funding methodology can work.  

Hopefully those who've supported us so far will continue to have faith in our approach, while those who are understandably more cautious might be ready to give it a go.

Although we are announcing this, and one other, rolling stock project now we are holding back from offering further motorised models until as we feel modellers deserve to see models actually being delivered before we can justifiably ask them to hand over money for more potential new items.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Thanks to Andy for starting the thread.

This weekend Mike and I are at the N Gauge International Show at Leamington, which makes it hard to update our website, but anyone interested int hese models should be able order them from early next week onwards.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

HI All

Oh well back to what i really started =C=Rail= to do and that was N gauge models.

As you can see I have teamed up with Revolution to bring this model out with us sharing production and hopefully bring in the critical mass of orders to make this worth while. 

The Cad work is basically the OO models shrunk down so that will produce we think the best model possible, also the artwork is all from the OO gauge range only the UASC will have to be done but i will do the OO for that and shrink it down for the best possible results.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-04202600-1473529402_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-76036100-1473529413_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-92574800-1473529424_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Placed my order without problems yesterday, I had tried on Friday but the postage addition wasn't playing ball...

I've enjoyed the white text on white completion button going back to my Pendolino orderings - very reversed DNA! - I hope it's retained...

Regards, Gerry :senile:

• 2 months later...

Gents,

Are numbers being produced to match specific orders as with other RevolutioN models and, if so, is there a closing date?

Regards

John

HI John

There will be a min of 500 of each model produced and will be for sale through C Rail or Revolution, C rail has not started to take advanced orders yet but will be doing so in the next month.

The tooling is currently in getting small corrections done and we will be getting the sample liveries at the same time as i see the second tooling sample, I would think that will be after the Chinese new year now.

Regards Arran

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I received the latest RevolutioN Trains newsletter yesterday, with Ben and Mike highlighting that they were running low on availability of the Maersk container. They weren't kidding - I just ordered the last one which is fortunate for me but unfortunate for anyone else wishing to order one...

John

Hi there,

I received the latest RevolutioN Trains newsletter yesterday, with Ben and Mike highlighting that they were running low on availability of the Maersk container. They weren't kidding - I just ordered the last one which is fortunate for me but unfortunate for anyone else wishing to order one...

John

HI John

Well not really as C Rail has the other 50% which i will update the website soon to take orders, I dont usually work that way as its work and hassle, i didn't do that early as they were taking orders so not to confuse things.

Regards Arran

• 2 months later...

HI All

Samples will be here some time in June, also the undecorated 40ft highcubes are here so i will have them for sale at Showcase at Burton this weekend.

Website updating soon

Regards Arran 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Arran

They're looking great!

But I doubt there are many on here who know more about containers than you - are you happy with them?

Cheers

Ben A.

HI Ben

I can see an issue with the MSC but a placement problem, but overall im very pleased .

Regards Arran 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I thought I would add a few more photos of the approval samples for the 40' hi-cube containers we are producing in conjunction with C-Rail intermodal.

These are the world's most common container, and we are producing six versions. Left to right: MSC, Evergreen, Maersk, Hamburg Sud, UASC and Hanjin.

post-420-0-01439100-1498596440_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-95179500-1498596427_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-31048000-1498596478_thumb.jpg

There are individual shots of each container, and more detail images, on the Revolution Trains website.

They are the ideal load for the forthcoming Revolution/Rapido Trains KFA container flat now in the final stages of development, and will allow enthusiasts to depict the distinctive stepped look of modern intermodal trains.

post-420-0-47990000-1498596549_thumb.jpg

The photo above shows the KFA EP1 sample loaded with a Farish 20' Maersk Sealand container at the near end, and the Revolution/C-Rail container at the far end. Below is the real thing photographed at Whittlesey in Cambridgeshire recently.

post-420-0-02120500-1498596594_thumb.jpg

Unlike our other models we are not producing the containers to order - a fixed number are being produced. They are £6.50 each, from either Revolution or C-Rail Intermodal, and when they're gone they're gone.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

HI All

The containers are on there way so will keep you all posted, so that's not bad

going, just over a year from announcement to production being in the UK.

Regards Arran

That's excellent progress Arran.

Well done for bringing this project to market so soon.

Looking forward to ordering a selection of these super detailed containers and seeing them in the flesh & on the layout.

Best regards, Paul