Space

The problem of multi lingual signage and information is just as bad at the Barcleona Museum, which also has the audacity to claim to be the Catalonian Railway Museum, which infuriates the Catalans. Many of the few rail fans here in Catalonia, as a result, boycott the Barcelona Museum.

If you flick back to my first Post (No 1) You will find a photo of the Assistant Director for Culture in Catalonia who visited our Museum last July.  The reason being primarily to promote our Museum to "Patrimony for Railway Culture" in Catalonia. Which is basically just "hot air". But, if Catalonia somehow manages to become independant from Spain. We would become the Official Museum of Railways for the new state. That might of course mean we take over the Barcelona site.

By "Barcelona Museum" do you mean the one in Vilanova i la Geltrú?

Indeed Yes. As explained in yesterdays Post 23. 

Sorry. I'll come by your museum next summer when I am around (usually spend a couple of weeks every August near Tarragona). I have been in the Vilanova one several times but I didn't know there was another one near by (I am from Barcelona and worked in Vilanova for almost 10 years before moving to UK a year ago).

Sorry. I'll come by your museum next summer when I am around (usually spend a couple of weeks every August near Tarragona). I have been in the Vilanova one several times but I didn't know there was another one near by (I am from Barcelona and worked in Vilanova for almost 10 years before moving to UK a year ago).

SPACE

Edited by 71000

Hi 7100, we are moving to Murcia in September this year, would love to come to your museum next year. At the moment we live near Basingstoke and I model in 7mm, hope to do the same when we move. How far are you from Murcia? Regards.

Len Cattley

Hi 7100, we are moving to Murcia in September this year, would love to come to your museum next year. At the moment we live near Basingstoke and I model in 7mm, hope to do the same when we move. How far are you from Murcia? Regards.

Len Cattley

SPACE

Edited by 71000

Murcia has its dry and arid zones but it is also known for its green and fertile áreas too, the same as can be found in the Province of Almería, where the Spaghetti westerns were filmed. Tabernas to be exact.

Depending on the zone of Murcia you are moving to, Tarragona can reached between 4 (from Yecla) and 6 (from Aguilas) hours.

Murcia has its dry and arid zones but it is also known for its green and fertile áreas too, the same as can be found in the Province of Almería, where the Spaghetti westerns were filmed. Tabernas to be exact.

Depending on the zone of Murcia you are moving to, Tarragona can reached between 4 (from Yecla) and 6 (from Aguilas) hours.

SPACE

Edited by 71000

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

My goat has been got. I don't know why people feel that they have to punish everyone because they fell out with some people, the whole 'delete my account and everything I've ever posted' approach really vexes me.

• RMweb Gold

My goat has been got. I don't know why people feel that they have to punish everyone because they fell out with some people, the whole 'delete my account and everything I've ever posted' approach really vexes me.

Ah that explains it. I was wondering if I was going around the bend.......

• RMweb Gold

Over on NGRM one of the most prolific posters suddenly decided to leave, but instead of closing his account/removing access, he insisted every single post of his was destroyed. It ruined so many threads.