Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

GVT - proposed 0-16.5 Layout

GVT 0-16.5

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 21:32

Here's an interesting inaccuracy with the Baldwin. Two of the books I have with diagrams show the lower front cab opening to be several inches lower than the rear opening. However photos of the actual loco show them level as in all the other Baldwins. I assume that the two drawings may represent the original Beyer Peacock project drawings and that this change was dropped.....

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#27 Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 19:44

Further work carried out.  Firstly the chassis - not much change except the flywheel installed.  Motor held up in horizontal position by a screwdriver.

image2.jpeg

The body has been partly assembled and trial fitted to the chassis.  Motor once again held up by a screwdriver and forms the lower part of the boiler.  The kit instructions suggest keeping the cab and boiler as separate sub-assemblies screwed together but I have soldered them together as the flanges for the connecting screw had to be removed to accommodate the motor and g/b.

image1 (2).jpeg

• Craftsmanship/Clever x 4
  • Like x 3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GVT, 0-16.5