Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
- - - - -

Wakefield RMS Model Railway Show 2017

Exhibition

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 Ruston

Ruston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationWest Riding

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:46

And plenty of mint sauce in the upstairs cafe - where the pies, pasties and peas were excellent.

For all those not of a Northern disposition, pie, mushy peas and mint sauce is a local delicacy, enhanced only by the addition of pickled onions.  Add a couple of pints of good Yorkshire beer beforehand for the full gourmet experience to be enjoyed, not only by yourself, but by those around you as well.

I think you went home with more beer than you did modelling stuff. :drinks:

• Like x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#102 lmsforever

lmsforever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,352 posts
  • Locationaylesbury

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:57

By gum what a feast that's the way to celebrate a good day out no pizzas only good honest food topped off with brown sauce!

• Like x 2

#103 5050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • LocationLiving in a dream

Posted 21 November 2017 - 23:36

I think you went home with more beer than you did modelling stuff. :drinks:

Only marginally..................

#104 SM42

SM42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationSouth West Midlands or sometimes Wielkopolska

Posted Yesterday, 15:31

Can I just add to the positive feedback. 

I consider Wakefield to be one of the must see shows and have been a regular visitor for around 15 years now and  thought the standard and mix of layouts this year was by far one of the best yet.

We visited on Friday night and even the trek up the M1 went without a hitch.

All in all a fine evening was had and the rest of the weekend was then free to indulge Mrs SM42's various wishlist items.  

​Well done and thank you to the exhibition team. 

​See you next year.

​Andy

• Thanks x 1
  • Like x 1

#105 DanielB

DanielB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationChesterfield

Posted Yesterday, 15:54

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, as I always do. The highlight of the year for me, along with Mansfield show. :)

It was definitely eye opening operating a DC layout for the first time. :)

• Thanks x 1

#106 enginelane

enginelane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:19

Can I just add to the positive feedback. 

I consider Wakefield to be one of the must see shows and have been a regular visitor for around 15 years now and  thought the standard and mix of layouts this year was by far one of the best yet.

We visited on Friday night and even the trek up the M1 went without a hitch.

All in all a fine evening was had and the rest of the weekend was then free to indulge Mrs SM42's various wishlist items.  

​Well done and thank you to the exhibition team. 

​See you next year.

​Andy

Thank you, the challenge is of course maintaining the standard but what is a good challenge. It’s pleasing when inviting layouts to Wakefield it is often a show they want to do. Will be working hard over the next year to see if we can receive similar positive comments and look forward to seeing you again next year

#107 DanielB

DanielB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationChesterfield

Posted Yesterday, 16:41

Well, I'm available for next year too if you have a 4' space you need to fill. I'm working on a HO inglenook to get me back up and running so I can play trains whilst I build Piedmont Blues for the 2019 show. :)
  • Informative/Useful x 1
  • Like x 1