Wakefield RMS Model Railway Show 2017

enginelane

And plenty of mint sauce in the upstairs cafe - where the pies, pasties and peas were excellent.

For all those not of a Northern disposition, pie, mushy peas and mint sauce is a local delicacy, enhanced only by the addition of pickled onions.  Add a couple of pints of good Yorkshire beer beforehand for the full gourmet experience to be enjoyed, not only by yourself, but by those around you as well.

I think you went home with more beer than you did modelling stuff. :drinks:

• Like 1

Can I just add to the positive feedback. 

I consider Wakefield to be one of the must see shows and have been a regular visitor for around 15 years now and  thought the standard and mix of layouts this year was by far one of the best yet.

We visited on Friday night and even the trek up the M1 went without a hitch.

All in all a fine evening was had and the rest of the weekend was then free to indulge Mrs SM42's various wishlist items.  

​Well done and thank you to the exhibition team. 

​See you next year.

​Andy

• Like 1

Can I just add to the positive feedback. 

I consider Wakefield to be one of the must see shows and have been a regular visitor for around 15 years now and  thought the standard and mix of layouts this year was by far one of the best yet.

We visited on Friday night and even the trek up the M1 went without a hitch.

All in all a fine evening was had and the rest of the weekend was then free to indulge Mrs SM42's various wishlist items.  

​Well done and thank you to the exhibition team. 

​See you next year.

​Andy

Thank you, the challenge is of course maintaining the standard but what is a good challenge. It’s pleasing when inviting layouts to Wakefield it is often a show they want to do. Will be working hard over the next year to see if we can receive similar positive comments and look forward to seeing you again next year

• RMweb Premium

I visited on Sunday with my tame two-year old.

We both very much enjoyed ourselves; Wakefield is the highlight of my exhibition going calendar - I'm rarely disappointed by a visit.

Coppell was probably my favourite. Unfortunately I couldn't stop long enough to see all the trains in the fiddle-yard make their way along the scenic section - someone wanted a ride on the Wakefield Model Engineers train running in the park (at 50p a ride it would be rude not to!).

Keep upthe good work!

Steven B.

• Like 1

I visited on Sunday with my tame two-year old.

We both very much enjoyed ourselves; Wakefield is the highlight of my exhibition going calendar - I'm rarely disappointed by a visit.

Coppell was probably my favourite. Unfortunately I couldn't stop long enough to see all the trains in the fiddle-yard make their way along the scenic section - someone wanted a ride on the Wakefield Model Engineers train running in the park (at 50p a ride it would be rude not to!).

Keep upthe good work!

Steven B.

Coppell won an award for the number of times we had to strengthen their barriers! Pleased you enjoyed the show and working on producing an equally good show next year. Pleased you were able to ride the train in the park. Would love to be able to coordinate the show and train ride as a package

Thanks to Stephen and his crew for a great weekend from the Coulderton crew. (the white rat went down well)

we had a slight problem Friday with a sticky switch which kept shutting the layout down, this was sorted for Saturday and replaced Sunday morning during the plan engineering procession!. 

see you next year

Ray

Thanks to Stephen and his crew for a great weekend from the Coulderton crew. (the white rat went down well)

we had a slight problem Friday with a sticky switch which kept shutting the layout down, this was sorted for Saturday and replaced Sunday morning during the plan engineering procession!. 

see you next year

Ray

Thanks Ray, pleased with the comments received and hoping 2018 will receive similar comments. Looking forward to seeing End of the Spur next year