Paignton Model Shop broken into.

Re6/6

I have seen repeats of such shows Phil with the faces of the scum bags blurred out, but when first shown it was'nt, it can be done later i suppose. My name and a peace sign were spray painted onto a chimney Fred Dibnah knocked down in a TV ep. of his from the '80's but nowadays in repeats my name and the peace sign are pixelated out. :scratchhead:  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Its because the law in this country is a complete and total a**.

There is no "Criminal Justice System" left, just a joke that's been created by do-gooders and exploited by criminals.....

Some examples - the first is a classic - based on the current surge in Knife Crime:

A person carrying 2 knifes up his sleeves in a public place, admitting he would use them, and then fails to turn up to court....eventually when they catch him, gets 2 six month suspended sentences.  The penalty is more for doing 35 in a 30!  Hardly a deterrent to carry knives is it???

Some police officers have been told not to tazer people carrying acid, incase the person with the acid spills it on themselves.

Moped thefts and muggings - some officers wont give chase in case the moped driver injures themselves.

The whole system is so annoying. 

Regards,

C.

Reminds me of two sayings I've heard in relation to similar situations :-

'The laws of the land were/ are created by one set of criminals to the benefit of another set of criminals.'

'The Law and justice often have very little to do with each other.'

Regards,

John

• Like 1

Nope - your logic is sound in that dead bodies cannot stalk the streets committing crime (outside the make believe world found in books / moves / TV).

Well done for stating the flipping obvious.

However as usual with people who make such statements, you are assuming the process of justice is 100% perfect.

But...

...The Birmingham 6,

...The Guildford 4,

....Alan Turing,

and many others are testament to the fact that the whole process of investigation and prosecution is NOT perfect - AND NEVER HAS BEEN.

Thousands of people have been sent to the gallows on flimsy or fabricated evidence over the centuries - with yet more having their life ruined for things that society today has actually enacted laws to protect.

As such I vehemently oppose the death penalty in ANY circumstances - and I also believe that everyone found guilty deserves the chance to redeem themselves. That doesn't mean it should be a quick or easy process requiring minimal effort of the guilty person, nor does it prevent the imposition of austere prison regimes or long sentences etc,  but as a recent ECHR judgement made clear, to completely rule out forever the possibility of someone eventually being able to redeem / rehabilitate themselves such that they can once again play a part in normal society (which is what the death penalty does) is fundamentally immoral and not worthy of civil human society.

Phil

The problem is that very few people are criminals even fewer are the persistent type who constantly wreak havoc in their areas. These one man crime waves should be removed from their locality until such time they are able to live like normal citizens.

We also have a problem with a minority of our youth, who believe they are above the law, with sadly some of them and many innocents paying the ultimate price. Whilst there is no deterrent it will continue

The final group are the addicts who steal and rob to feed their addiction, certainly the efforts to date to both help solve their addiction and prevent crimes has failed.

Certainly the efforts of resolving these matters have had limited success, kindness  is seen as weakness. Perhaps we now need to be tougher on these groups to show that society will not put up with these actions, plus put in place better support for those with illness/addition problems.

Although I can't comment about anyone else, I've always been very careful only to buy stuff from reputable sources.

Why would anyone with any principles, or common sense, wish to encourage thieves?

Some people might regard this as a pretty compelling reason to taser people carrying acid. After all, if they get burnt etc, who's really to blame?

Huw.

Hi Huw. I've got family in Cwmbran. Is that model shop still there in the arcade? Used to look forward to going in there.

• RMweb Gold

Phil

The problem is that very few people are criminals even fewer are the persistent type who constantly wreak havoc in their areas. These one man crime waves should be removed from their locality until such time they are able to live like normal citizens.

We also have a problem with a minority of our youth, who believe they are above the law, with sadly some of them and many innocents paying the ultimate price. Whilst there is no deterrent it will continue

The final group are the addicts who steal and rob to feed their addiction, certainly the efforts to date to both help solve their addiction and prevent crimes has failed.

Certainly the efforts of resolving these matters have had limited success, kindness is seen as weakness. Perhaps we now need to be tougher on these groups to show that society will not put up with these actions, plus put in place better support for those with illness/addition problems.

Reminds me of when I had a project running next to a former 'pit village' estate of about 250 houses in the East Midlands. We had all sorts of theft going on, then one Sunday evening I was checking off that all of the testing had been done before lifting the possession when a policeman come up the box steps. He told us that a siege involving am armed man was in progress but fortunately we were not in line of sight so didn't need to be evacuated. Following this event the Council moved four families elsewhere, each to a different area, and crime in the village virtually disappeared.

Reminds me of when I had a project running next to a former 'pit village' estate of about 250 houses in the East Midlands. We had all sorts of theft going on, then one Sunday evening I was checking off that all of the testing had been done before lifting the possession when a policeman come up the box steps. He told us that a siege involving am armed man was in progress but fortunately we were not in line of sight so didn't need to be evacuated. Following this event the Council moved four families elsewhere, each to a different area, and crime in the village virtually disappeared.

As you have found its a handful of undesirables who cause all the problems, and whilst I understand the motives of the liberal do gooders, in the main these undesirables just take advantages and see help as a sign of weakness.

Social housing should not be a right, but a privilege. Removing them from an area may solve a problem, but if they are persistent offenders in my view they have lost the right to social housing. If its due to an addiction then social housing should be only available if they agree and follow a treatment program. Happy to have a duty of care, but it must be coupled with having an ultimate deterrent/sanction, if not its doomed to fail