GWR E128 Brake Composite

Hi all,

Does anyone have a drawing for the above please?

I have pics but not a layout drawing.
I am trying to work out the compartment, toilet and guards sizes and it is doing my head in!
It consists of Toilet, 4 x 3rd class, 2x 2nd class toilet, guard.

As  usual any and all help is appreciated.

Khris

• RMweb Gold

This thread might be of use http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/22238-gwr-coaches/ post 12 in particular.

Try contacting the South Devon Railway, they have one so might be able to help.

http://www.cs.vintagecarriagestrust.org/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=222

Comet/Wizard do a kit and here's the instructions  https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/w9.pdf

Edited by gwrrob

Robin,

Thanks for that.

One place I didn't think to look!

Anyway I now have a plan and thanks to you the roof layout as well!

Khris

• RMweb Gold

Robin,

Thanks for that.

One place I didn't think to look!

Anyway I now have a plan and thanks to you the roof layout as well!

Khris

No problem, I have the model myself although I didn't build it and can post some photos if you want.

No problem, I have the model myself although I didn't build it and can post some photos if you want.

Thank you. Would be good to see.

I'm hacking about to make it. While there are a few Brake 3rds there aren'tt

that many Brake comps.

The group of trains I want to model needs 1 Brake comp so needless to say I had to choose the one with no plan to start with :)

Now I have that work can proceed....at the speed of a startled slug!

Khris

It still truly baffles me as to why Hornby didn’t throw an E128 into their range of revamped Colletts a couple of years ago. You can just about understand the commercial hesitancy behind not producing a diner or full brake, but a BCK is an exceptionally versatile vehicle and would probably have been of more use to Western modellers than the second ‘handed’ composites and van thirds.

Still, Paul Isles alluded to the possibility of growing the existing coaching ranges and the Southern Maunsell RF gives me some hope that an E128 and/or H33 may be seen in the next few years.

In the meantime, I must get back to the Comet sides onto a Hornby D95 project...

CoY

• Agree 1

Without sitting down and consciously analyzing the particular TT I would have to wonder how many there were in total as a whole.
Not just E128 but brake composites as a whole!
It was just when I sat down and counted the number of each type of coach for the 4 trains, did I realise I only wanted 1 Brake composite....all the rest are brake 3rds.

Full thirds would be warranted and they have done those albeit in a very short run or they were that popular that they sold out quick in choc and cream as did all the other choc and cream coaches!

Khris