Kernow Model Centre - Hunslet Barclay Class 20s

backwaterscotland

Kernows website says they are now processing May 08 orders so hopefully thwy will get toFeb 09 soon

I ordered mine on Tuesday, and on Thursday got an email saying they were packed in the mail room ready to go!???

Maybe?

Jon

I ordered mine on Tuesday, and on Thursday got an email saying they were packed in the mail room ready to go!???

Maybe?

Jon

I'm wondering if they are processing telephone orders separately and that is the web orders that are taking the time to process. That may explain why some orders have been sent out while others haven't. (see meld's comment above)

If they are shipping the new orders straight away and those who ordered them a year or so ago have to wait in the queue I suspect they will have a lot of very unhappy customers!

Andy (still waiting!)

I can't justify one on my layout (when its finally built) But I do like them.

I have tried to attach a photo but wont know if it works until I press post.

Ive just got a new printer/scanner so I am using this thread as a chance to try it out. If it doesn't then sorry!

post-6849-12582052961263_thumb.jpg

Ive noticed a few subtle differences in this newly moulded cab front (due to the existance of a main headlight). The 3 disks on the bottom of the cab are now spread slightly further apart, and indeed more correctly so. Earlier disk headcode examples clearly show that the disks are too cramped together when you look at the loco head on. Also i think the front windscreens are very slightly smaller on this new 20/9 mould. Also the handrails now seem moulded to the cab front rather than being separate as before.

For some reason these examples do not have the fans under the grill on the roof. Also the head board brackets on the nose end seem to be missing, with just holes where they should be....

But I have to give these locos 10 out of 10, they are truly superb!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been a little while now, still no sign of my locos ordered nine months ago, would anyone who has had their's through in the last few days comment on when they ordered them? I didn't want to hassle them but I was hoping they would have got through most by now :huh:

Well it's been a little while now, still no sign of my locos ordered nine months ago, would anyone who has had their's through in the last few days comment on when they ordered them? I didn't want to hassle them but I was hoping they would have got through most by now :huh:

The website is showing them as still dealing with August 2009 - I ordered mine in December so hopefully they should get towards that soon. Remember that they had over 1000 ltd edition sets (1500 locos) came in together so processing all of them will take time (they have only had 18 working days to deal with the orders so far).

On the other hand the website also shows the 20s as "In Stock - Usually despatched within 24 hours" so they are getting towards the end of the pre-orders and they know how many will be left (I assume).

If I hear any more I'll yell!

Andy B)

I received mine today. Last Friday (20th) I had an e-mail to say they had been picked and where ready for dispatch. When I checked their site over the weekend it showed that they were doing orders from June 08. It looks like you've still got a bit of a wait ahead!

Andy.

I'm happy! :D Some 360 days after ordering (and exactly 4 weeks since my first post in this thread!) my 20s they have arrived :

post-7040-12598396903262_thumb.jpg

The first impression is good - the double packaging shows the 20s off quite well.

The locos look good - included in the box are the usual class 20 detail packs and etched nameplates to use over the printed ones. The colours look right to me - the red skirts are a subdued satin red rather than the bright gloss red that Lima used on their version.

Looking forward to the rest of the train now. The set of four TTAs in black (37-575L) are listed as expected 1st Quarter 2010. I assume the coach set will follow after that.

Andy B)

Bloody silly question - Have the two locos been wired so that one runs the opposite way around to the other, as they always worked nose outwards at either end ??

Do you know I once wondered the same thing but actually it doesnt matter on DC, put them on the track anyway you like and they will take off in the same direction. DCC is a different matter, but that is up to you to program the chips correctly ;)

Oh and I should add mine turned up today and I was a Feb 2009 order, so they are getting there. They are smashing looking engines as others have mentioned, I shall now wait very impatiently for the TTA's and caoch pack :rolleyes:

Oh and I should add mine turned up today and I was a Feb 2009 order, so they are getting there. They are smashing looking engines as others have mentioned, I shall now wait very impatiently for the TTA's and caoch pack rolleyes.gif

Snap, 2 20's arrived light engine in the north east at 8am. Currently stabled in their own private shed (the box) awaiting fitment of DCC eqipment - hopefully lights and sound biggrin.gif

thanks for confirming that they are 21pin version and do you have to change a setting when they are nose to nose running

Does anyone have an opinion on the cheapest place to get 21 pin chips?

Cheers

Jon

Ive noticed a few subtle differences in this newly moulded cab front (due to the existance of a main headlight). The 3 disks on the bottom of the cab are now spread slightly further apart, and indeed more correctly so. Earlier disk headcode examples clearly show that the disks are too cramped together when you look at the loco head on. Also i think the front windscreens are very slightly smaller on this new 20/9 mould. Also the handrails now seem moulded to the cab front rather than being separate as before.

For some reason these examples do not have the fans under the grill on the roof. Also the head board brackets on the nose end seem to be missing, with just holes where they should be....

But I have to give these locos 10 out of 10, they are truly superb!!!!!

Re the cab windows: They may appear smaller as the "glazing" rubbers have been painted - yellow on one - silver on the other - making the windows APPEAR smaller - an optical illusion ! The handrails are now part of the cab moulding, a good idea for some perhaps, as the original separate ones broke off all too easily with handling etc when fitting lights etc to the cab. The new headlights are nicely modelled, but Bachmann now needs to update the 20 with full working lights ? and also sort the ugly moulding join line at the top of the nose end. As for these pair of 20/9's - overall very well finished and def look the part. :D

quick querie in regards to these from recieving the email saying dispatched how long roughly before itens are delivered i recieved mine on the 8th and still now show of them :(

Mine took about 6 days (email on the 27th, delivered on the 3rd) to arrive - might be slightly longer this close to Christmas though.

Andy B)

Re the cab windows: They may appear smaller as the "glazing" rubbers have been painted - yellow on one - silver on the other - making the windows APPEAR smaller - an optical illusion ! The handrails are now part of the cab moulding, a good idea for some perhaps, as the original separate ones broke off all too easily with handling etc when fitting lights etc to the cab. The new headlights are nicely modelled, but Bachmann now needs to update the 20 with full working lights ? and also sort the ugly moulding join line at the top of the nose end. As for these pair of 20/9's - overall very well finished and def look the part. :D

Yes i agree re the windows, just revisited this and yes you are right it is an illusion.

However the 3 marker lights (that the disks fit on) on the bottom of the cab are definately spread further apart now, and indeed look correct not when the disks are fitted and not cramped anymore! Well done Bachmann!

Archived