Kestrel Sound

Savoyard

No no, you may have actually go the sound pretty close

From what I've been told LVAs were deeper sounding than the LDA and you have certainly done that and you have the idle whistle which is more subdued than the 40 which you also so have done

Hi again

So here is my second option for her http://www.filedropper.com/hs4000option2  what do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Is this genuine HS4000 sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9rBcSZb3bE#t=65.874842

Play from the beginning.

Sounds about right from what I can remember of her.

It just shows how we in Britain can get it so wrong with what we invented and I don't mean just the railways think about jets (IIRC the first jet that could go supersonic in level flight) and more.  

Don't get me going on one!

OzzyO.

So, not wishing to send Mr. O off on one and having denuded ourselves of every technological advantage we ever had, do any of the sound decoders available sound like what is probably the only sound recording of HS4000?

Okay.

Is there a sound file available which, with the limitations of current decoder and speaker technology, most closely approximates the sound that might be extrapolated from what little information we can get from the video?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry it took so long and thanks for the help in sorting out the sound options.

Here then is my interpretation on two possible sounds of the locomotive.

Great video , obviously a lot of effort gone into making it .

Love the engine sounds at the three minute mark onwards

• 3 weeks later...

Mike,

Congratulations on a superb video, well worth the effort, and some splendid storytelling.

I'm dead impressed by the quality, and particularly the 'on-board' camera shots from the adjacent rail.

I for one, think that option 2 was definitely the better sound!

Well done, and thanks for sharing that with us all.

That unusual Sulzer is as distinctive as the Deltic! What a shame most of us never saw either in action!

Regards,

Alan.

Mike,

Congratulations on a superb video, well worth the effort, and some splendid storytelling.

I'm dead impressed by the quality, and particularly the 'on-board' camera shots from the adjacent rail.

I for one, think that option 2 was definitely the better sound!

Well done, and thanks for sharing that with us all.

That unusual Sulzer is as distinctive as the Deltic! What a shame most of us never saw either in action!

Regards,

Alan.

Hi Alan

Thank you so much for the very kind words and support :) I plan to do a short video of her with just the option 2 sounds and no talking :)

Archived