ABS Models current address

Fat Controller

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after initial enquiries to Adrian BS and attempting to purchase about 100 quids worth of castings and lots of enthusiasm , I then get total silence, no reply to emails or PM's here , so I have given up and ordered the parts from Wizard/Comet Models.

Job done on the internet immediately. Easy !

After six weeks of p*ssing about with Mr Swain quite refreshing !

You have to wonder how someone can find the time on here to moan about other manufacturers and not bother supplying their own clients?

Well, after initial enquiries to Adrian BS and attempting to purchase about 100 quids worth of castings and lots of enthusiasm , I then get total silence, no reply to emails or PM's here , so I have given up and ordered the parts from Wizard/Comet Models.

Job done on the internet immediately. Easy !

After six weeks of p*ssing about with Mr Swain quite refreshing !

You have to wonder how someone can find the time on here to moan about other manufacturers and not bother supplying their own clients?

I spoke with Mr Swain this morning and he does remember your order and enquiries, however it appears you forgot to send any money with your order.

Loconuts  

however it appears you forgot to send any money with your order.

I would have thought a quick reply to the customer may have solicited any necessary payment instead of spiking it; he normally tells people when they've done something wrong doesn't he?

I would have thought a quick reply to the customer may have solicited any necessary payment instead of spiking it; he normally tells people when they've done something wrong doesn't he?

I may not necessarily agree with the vehemence with which Adrian has recently pointed out errors in new models, but his comments were almost invariably accurate and they were, after all, his honestly held opinion. The fact that he raised the hackles of an enthusiastic body of supporters of a new manufacturer is hardly relevant.

Also, he may not always deliver the level of service which some customers expect, but I would remind list members that Adrian is supposed to be retired. He could just have announced the demise of everything that he owns the masters for; as it is, his advertised range is still available, albeit not on the turn-round time that he achieved when trading full-time. I know which option I prefer; yes, a bit of a wait is commonplace now, but the items that I need are forthcoming eventually. A little forward planning is all that is called for.

So, before this thread becomes "Let's all bash Adrian", a little less sarcasm wouldn't go amiss. After all, we wouldn't want anyone else to be banned from posting for being too critical, would we ?!?

Retirement from a full-time occupation, combined with limited niche market trading, does not always make for a restful combination, as I can personally confirm. Despite having comprehensive details of all aspects of the terms on which I continue to supply my transfers, far too may potential customers simply cannot be bothered to read the web-site and ask questions by e-mail for which the answers are on their screens. I am afraid that I simply refer such queries back to my web-site!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

It's not sarcasm from me John; I'm actually annoyed about the amount of work created. I'll just send him a bill for all the time I had to spend ****ing about dealing with whichever ****storm he decided to create that day.

I may not necessarily agree with the vehemence with which Adrian has recently pointed out errors in new models, but his comments were almost invariably accurate and they were, after all, his honestly held opinion. The fact that he raised the hackles of an enthusiastic body of supporters of a new manufacturer is hardly relevant.

Also, he may not always deliver the level of service which some customers expect, but I would remind list members that Adrian is supposed to be retired. He could just have announced the demise of everything that he owns the masters for; as it is, his advertised range is still available, albeit not on the turn-round time that he achieved when trading full-time. I know which option I prefer; yes, a bit of a wait is commonplace now, but the items that I need are forthcoming eventually. A little forward planning is all that is called for.

So, before this thread becomes "Let's all bash Adrian", a little less sarcasm wouldn't go amiss. After all, we wouldn't want anyone else to be banned from posting for being too critical, would we ?!?

Retirement from a full-time occupation, combined with limited niche market trading, does not always make for a restful combination, as I can personally confirm. Despite having comprehensive details of all aspects of the terms on which I continue to supply my transfers, far too may potential customers simply cannot be bothered to read the web-site and ask questions by e-mail for which the answers are on their screens. I am afraid that I simply refer such queries back to my web-site!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

This sort of response won't wash with many people on this forum any more.  No-one has ever criticised Adrian for supplying information regarding products, but the manner in which he does it quite clearly illustrates a person who has more going on in his head than providing information to interested modellers.  It was no coincidence that Adrian piped up about the SPA wagon just as people were getting excited about it arriving in the port.  It doesn't surprise me in the least that he ignores a customer who has forgotten to send payment and then tries to make out that it's the customer's fault his order has been ignored!!

Looking at the FTG Models thread, any one can see that people have provided feedback for the model, for example we agree that the couplings need adapting on future releases and have suggested ways of doing this and a fix for the current one.  Adrian on the other hand just wanted to ram this down Hugh's throat.

I've never met Adrian but based on his postings on here, I can sum him up in one phrase: "I'm right and everyone else is wrong . . . all 7 billion of them".

Andy,

I was not referring to any particular posting, and I hadn't noticed that I had inadvertently quoted your post; (now deleted); I was just concerned that a certain element were indulging in a bit of a 'feeding frenzy'.

Whether we like his current posting style or not, many of us modellers, as opposed to model buyers, owe our ability over many years to build models of vehicles that were not available RTR entirely to the hard work that Adrian put into mastering and casting his range of kits and components, which were and are still available at extremely reasonable prices.

My wagon stock alone currently numbers 552, and the vast majority incorporate some of Adrian's castings somewhere or other.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I find discussions about new models under development interesting but Adrian's comments when beyond that, not helped by his obvious agenda

It wasn't his (repeated !) comments that I found tiresome, it was the fact that he saw himself as the self appointed model railway police whose job it was to dictate who could make models, which models were produced and whether I was allowed to buy them

Sorry but i can look at discussions and evaluate models (I was quite good at spot the difference by the age of 6) before making my own mind up about whether to buy a new  model and that decision has nothing to do with him 

OK my diodes are still in need of some Christmas spirit at the other end of the universe and are still playing me up so I will draw this thread to a close now i think the relevant messages have now been made. 

Just one additional post to close one line of discussion in this now locked thread is that Lofty1996 contacedt me to advise further as follows:

Just wanted to say that Adrian was supposed to give me a total price and his paypal address and confirm shipping cost to Canada.
It was not me who forgot and failed to answer emails and private messages. 

The thread will now stay locked as Adrian is not able to respond via this forum and we do not want it to generate down a level of personal insults.

Archived