Treacle and SQL

I don't know if it is just me but RMWeb feels like swimming in treacle today.

I have had any number of those blunt "I is not our fault but tough the SQL has produced an error..." messages usually doing nothing other than renewing the VNC. Though also when posting and quite a few times when clicking the "Next" page button.

Knowing something about SQL some of the lines have not made sense - twice this evening the word "Coachman" appeared in the SQL and I was not reading a thread of his. I have also seen other members names appear.

On top of that I have been receiving some rather strange email notifications. "xyz has quoted a post you made" which when reading find that it was not my post being quoted!

In fact thinking about this, it has been like this for a dew days - just really bad this evening.

I thought it was just me and been like this since Friday evening. site wont load up unless i clear cache first, pages taking minute or more too load or fail, and if i post it dont show, refresh dont do nothing but if i log off clear cache log back in my post is there. Virgin have tested line and all ok and dont have any other problems for any other sites. A friend whos a bigger comp boffin then me lol did a ping test !! said server bandwith, so i just put it down weekend /monday server overload and how site was being routed to me through the net.

Im sure Andy will kill, cure or slap it in to shape ;)

• RMweb Premium

Same here, really slow loading (and sometimes not at all) for the last few days seemingly at random. I fear something is seriously wrong with the server, and it can't just be the drowning in Bachmann froth!!

• RMweb Premium

I've had the SQL message a couple of times too. And I don't know if it's connected, but when I've posted in the last couple of days, it first appears as the first post on the page and only when I Refresh does it reappear correctly.

The latter issue affects some IE users Brush and I'm trying to resolve it, it's a style issue connected with topic descriptions.

I've made Jim aware of the speed/error issues and it's being monitored. This issue was heightened yesterday due to the traffic levels; last night saw a record number of people online at the same time. I blame the manufacturers myself. ;)

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday apart from the SQL issue (On a Mac via Safari in my case) I was booted off numerous times. Yes the site was very busy with a high rate of posting but it got most exasperating at times with more departures in an hour than my local station can manage in 4 hours. And just to be contrary I had none of this after the official Hornby announcement - not that I'm knocking Bachmann ( before someone suggests that's the case, gotta tread on eggshells round here at times :P ).

Presumably related to traffic level but might there be a deeper cause?

ADDENDA

Booted again at 09h28 today.

Booted again at 10h29 today.

And at c.18h20 and at 18h58 today (Wednesday)

And again at 21h58 today (Wednesday).

Yorkie_pudd careful you might step a land mine with that statement. :biggrin_mini2: :bomb_mini: :help:

Terry.

lol Terry i was going to offer help but have a bike, although i have a dumb greyhound who very fast. Thats if he can get his ass off the bed.

i like to live dangerously........................ oh fudge why cant i log in no more !!

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday apart from the SQL issue (On a Mac via Safari in my case) I was booted off numerous times. Yes the site was very busy with a high rate of posting but it got most exasperating at times with more departures in an hour than my local station can manage in 4 hours. And just to be contrary I had none of this after the official Hornby announcement - not that I'm knocking Bachmann ( before someone suggests that's the case, gotta tread on eggshells round here at times :P ).

Presumably related to traffic level but might there be a deeper cause?

ADDENDA

Booted again at 09h28 today.

Booted again at 10h29 today.

And at c.18h20 and at 18h58 today (Wednesday)

And again at 21h58 today (Wednesday).

And, thus far, today (Thursday) at 11h15 and 13h09.

And the next step has already been taken: the English invent it, the Americans expand it, then the Japanese/Koreans/Chinese* blatantly copy it and sell it back at the English at astronomical profits :P

*encircle as appropriate ;)

Hat, coat -> door :P

I hope you opened the door first or bloody splintered nose ;) ( ps: heres a spade incase it snows hehe )

I am getting this a lot today

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: SELECT m.*, m.member_id as my_member_id,pp.*,ccb.cache_content FROM ip_members m LEFT JOIN ip_profile_portal pp ON ( pp.pp_member_id=m.member_id )

LEFT JOIN ip_content_cache_sigs ccb ON ( ccb.cache_content_id=m.member_id ) WHERE m.member_id IN (1,6509,6675,4034,7202,150,3187,143,9814,6,2049,33,8193,6679,6662,6719)

This is not a problem with IP.Board but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

• 2 weeks later...

Already being discussed and dealt with here Ed. Andy is well aware of the problems and is in contact with Jim to try and resolve them. I have merged this thread with the other one to collate any further problems.

One thing I would say is that if you do experience problems it helps Andy if you say what browser and system you are using as some of the issues may be browser related.

• RMweb Gold
I have merged this thread with the other one to collate any further problems.

Have the mods merged many topics recently?

There is a software bug with merged topics -- if you click the URL given in the email notification of Ed's post:

http://www.rmweb.co....-moment/unread/

It is showing as a database error when it should simply show a "Topic has been merged, go here instead." message.

This could explain the reports of frequent SQL errors recently, if members a clicking links in notification emails of merged topics.

Something for Andy to take up with IPS.

regards,

Martin.

Archived