Lion Heart Trains RTR in O gauge

steve fay

A Standard 3mt tank sounds like a smashing choice and it will undoubtedly make a wonderful model! Well done Lionheart. A prototype with a nice geographical spread - we had 4 in the North East which operated over he Stainmore route - and I have always thought then to be really good-looking locomotives, my favourite of the BR standard classes

It will be way out of my price range but worth every penny for those who can afford/justify it, as the quality of the Lionheart range really is exquisite!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They do look superb, I've just changed my order from the Crimson to s maroon set although if Richard does release the single coach I might just have a grubby Crimson one as a strenghtener.

I hope the main line stock follows

• 2 months later...

I have just received my first ever Lionheart purchases today, ordered just before the weekend, and these Beauties arrived very promptly in the post today ...... B Class tanks twin set, I am very impressed with them as well  :imsohappy:

Craig.

post-8721-0-25226200-1469477930.jpgpost-8721-0-87050600-1469477972.jpgpost-8721-0-76353800-1469477978.jpg

edit .... just noticed the 3 link couplings need a little tweek to close the gap on the centre link

• 1 month later...

Hi South Tyne,

Richard Webster is continuing with the development of brass bodied 2-6-2t locos and the 3MT is part of this development. The first loco will be an 'updated' GWR small prairie - same body as before but with a cast chassis, should be out next latter part of year @ less than £1000 including sound. The 3MT is next in line, same time the following year, followed by an LMS Ivatt 2-6-2t then one from the LNER - we wait with baited breath as to what SR version might be offered!

cheers

Mike

Hi South Tyne,

Richard Webster is continuing with the development of brass bodied 2-6-2t locos and the 3MT is part of this development. The first loco will be an 'updated' GWR small prairie - same body as before but with a cast chassis, should be out next latter part of year @ less than £1000 including sound. The 3MT is next in line, same time the following year, followed by an LMS Ivatt 2-6-2t then one from the LNER - we wait with baited breath as to what SR version might be offered!

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike - thanks that is great. More than anything else, I was just musing given the recent tie up with Dapol but it is great to here that there are to be a range of continued projects to come. I'm sure lots I people will be greatly looking forward to them given the quality of the previous Lionheart products!

• 1 month later...

Is there something wrong with the Lionheart website (lionhearttrains.com)? I am wanting to look at the private owner and 16-t minerals but when I click on 'models' the only available model shown is a 6400/7400 pannier tank. The header on the homepage says they do mineral wagons but clicking the mineral wagon picture just takes me to the page with the pannier.

It is all exciting news but after reading through this thread and seeing the various Facebook links, I am a little mixed up (nothing new then)  ....Is there a GWR small Prairie due out? 

Also I have seen the announcements for the Large Prairie and 43XX 2-6-0. Seeing as they have similar parts, could this be a prelude to a 'Manor'?

Larry G.

NEWS 16th August 2016

lhtcollett_model_lg7.jpg

Lionheart coke wagons and tankers

Following the merger of Lionheart with Dapol we have bought all remaining stocks of the 64xx and 74xx Panniers and autocoaches which we have now sold, we still have stocks of the Lionheart tankers and coke wagons available.

Tankers

We have picked up a handful of tankers so have a few types now back in stock. The quantity is low but we are maintaining the deal on purchases of 5 or more tankers.

Lionheart Coke Wagons

We now also have all 9 liveries of Lionheart Coke wagons; with an RRP of just £45.00 each but with a special offer available of any 3 for just £100.00 whilst stocks last.

The above quote, taken from the Tower Models website, seems to suggest that most of the remaining Lionheart stock went to Tower when the merger occured.

Archived