BRÜCKENHEIM (page three onwards)

HSB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still working on the ladestraße. I have yet to decide on what to use for the road surface which should probably be cobbled. I used Wills 00 sheets for the level crossing but that was cut into quite small sections and it would be hard to join together a relatively large number of small sheets seamlessly!

post-12623-0-73838500-1526596971.jpg

• Like 5

I am still working on the ladestraße. I have yet to decide on what to use for the road surface which should probably be cobbled. I used Wills 00 sheets for the level crossing but that was cut into quite small sections and it would be hard to join together a relatively large number of small sheets seamlessly!

attachicon.gifIMG_20180517_230143_541.jpg

Giles Favell produced a small etched tool for accelerating the impressing of setts. I have one, somewhere.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I now have the embankment in front of the ladestraße in but I still haven't decided what to use for the road surface. Thanks to Chris and Simon for their suggestions but Howard Scenics no longer appear to list embossed cobbles on their website. I am considering using some stuff made by Juweela but have yet to calculate the cost to cover such a relatively large area.

post-12623-0-24135500-1527769424_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Chris reminded me of Giles’ rather natty etching. Worth a look I feel.

I had the link the other day but now can’t find it

:(

He’s on here so a quick search will get you his address etc

Best

Simon

Thanks, Mike, the Redutex is certainly a possibility although I would probably need quite a few sheets! i have been looking through several of Rod's German books this afternoon and found several pictures which show similar sets to the Redutex ones. I have also been looking at SE Finecast sets although they are square rather than the rectangular ones which seem to be the norm.

• Like 1

Found it!

http://www.bygiles.com

Scroll down through the goodies...

Best

Simon

.....and see his fantastic work and attention to detail here-  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/96274-denton-brook-7mm-industrial/page-1

Somewhere in his thread, IIRC, he describes the use of his 'set' tool.

Regards, Deano.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking through some German books I noted that a couple of photos showed a raised kerb along the front of the ladestrasse so I have made one out of 1/16" square stripwood. It's probably not high enough as when I put the road surface in it will bring it up almost level with the top but it has made the edge a bit more even than it was.

post-12623-0-86640100-1530130061_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I've decided to use SE Finecast's 'Granite Sets' for the ladestraße road surface. Rod found the remains of a sheet in a drawer for me to experiment with and I have now cut out and glued down a short length on the layout. I now need  a few more sheets before I can continue with it.

post-12623-0-97522000-1530571285_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Very nice!

What kind of couplings are the German 0-gauge people use?

(I am one of the bad 0-gauge people removing the nice 3-link couplings and replacing them with fully functional but not prototypical kadee ones....)

Vecchio

• 3 weeks later...

I've slowly been progressing with the layout since my last post with a bit more ballasting done and some more work done on the level crossing to finish it off. I have also altered the route of the road up the hill from the level crossing and done a bit more to the embankment in front.

post-12623-0-40396900-1533491603_thumb.jpg

post-12623-0-21852400-1533491661_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've slowly been progressing with the layout since my last post with a bit more ballasting done and some more work done on the level crossing to finish it off. I have also altered the route of the road up the hill from the level crossing and done a bit more to the embankment in front.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180805_182440_4CS.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180805_181717_5CS.jpg

Howard,

Any chance of some film of one of your locos at work?

Regards,

Chris