London Transport Museum Limited Editions 20189 and 20227

brushman47544

Like the models.

BUT – they don’t have high-intensity lights on (obviously non-working like all the lights on the 20). Bachmann have added these to the tooling on recent models were appropriate, so strange omission, and a real pitty.

Like 20189, lovely livery (although why they painted it from the very high quality green I don’t know). If when I have the cash these are still available, I may bag one. Also hauled by it in May!

Don’t like 20227 paint job. Yes it’s a very accurate representation of the real thing but what were they thinking with the roundel, its totally wrong (on the prototype and model), horridly out of proportion. The problem is it makes the whole livery, which doesn’t’ suite the 20 anyway, even worse!

Personal opinion.

More pics from anyone?

Like the models.

BUT – they don’t have high-intensity lights on (obviously non-working like all the lights on the 20). Bachmann have added these to the tooling on recent models were appropriate, so strange omission, and a real pitty.

Like 20189, lovely livery (although why they painted it from the very high quality green I don’t know). If when I have the cash these are still available, I may bag one. Also hauled by it in May!

Don’t like 20227 paint job. Yes it’s a very accurate representation of the real thing but what were they thinking with the roundel, its totally wrong (on the prototype and model), horridly out of proportion, both bar and circle are not thick enough, and the typeface looks a bit small (again proportionally) . The problem is it makes the whole livery, which doesn’t’ suite the 20 anyway, even worse!

Personal opinion.

More pics from anyone?

Bachmann have their display stand at Swanage this weekend for the Diesel Gala, and in their cabinet was this....

attachicon.gifSwanage Diesel Gala 2013 171a.jpg

Like the models.

Don’t like 20227 paint job. Yes it’s a very accurate representation of the real thing but what were they thinking with the roundel, its totally wrong (on the prototype and model), horridly out of proportion. The problem is it makes the whole livery, which doesn’t’ suite the 20 anyway, even worse!

Personal opinion.

More pics from anyone?

A bit of a strange one this. Bachmann's original "mock-up" (  Swanage Diesel Gala 2013 171a.jpg  ) had the underground roundel better proportioned than the real one. The model comes out accurate but looking wrong. Had they stuck with their original plan it would have looked better but would have been incorrect. A difficult call perhaps.Maybe Bachmann should have stuck to their guns and offered a couple of tins of paint to match the loco with the model. then everyone would be happy. 

These things are not my usual cup of tea but I have the advantage of having a 20 year old son who buys the things I don't. So LT twins for him this Christmas and LMS twins for me.

We know were his Mum has hidden them!

RP 

504 is the minimum production quantity of any Bachmann loco. So they won't be around long I'm guessing.

Still not received mine, can't get in touch with the shop either after many calls. 

At the risk of being a moaning so and so, I'm not impressed with LT museum shop at all, this whole order has been a pain in the rear end for me unfortunately! 

Have to keep trying in the hope someone picks up the phone.

• RMweb Gold

As I understand it from the very nice lady from the LT Museum who phoned me this morning the models will not be appearing in the Museum Shop until later this month.

I was hoping to pop into the museum on Wednesday (on my way to Crewe!!) to collect my models but was told that's a no go so my models will be waiting for me at the Museum Shop for my next visit to  London on November 30.

Now to order a couple of Cl.20 sound decoders......

Keith

Popped into the LT Museum this morning, told them that they had a couple of locos for me under the counter and bingo, there they were all labled up and ready for collection. Just as promised. The saving on postage more-or-less covered my £10.65 Web Super OffPeak return ticket from Folkestone :boast: .

Had a word with the shop manager about future releases and, with a smile on his face, he said expect a "significant" announcement........

On the way up to London saw the white LT Map Cl.66 parked in one of the middle roads at Tonbridge Station - it looked well and truly grotty, well weather-stained.

Keith

• Like 1

Popped into the LT Museum this morning, told them that they had a couple of locos for me under the counter and bingo, there they were all labled up and ready for collection. Just as promised. The saving on postage more-or-less covered my £10.65 Web Super OffPeak return ticket from Folkestone :boast: .

Had a word with the shop manager about future releases and, with a smile on his face, he said expect a "significant" announcement........

On the way up to London saw the white LT Map Cl.66 parked in one of the middle roads at Tonbridge Station - it looked well and truly grotty, well weather-stained.

Keith

Could 66721 be the next release from the LTM,my guess is it probably will be..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Could 66721 be the next release from the LTM,my guess is it probably will be..

Somehow I would not put the release of 66721 in the "significant" category..... Having seen the real thing in the flesh did not think much of it - don't think I would buy one.

However some Bachmann-motored EFE underground stock, some proper coaches for Sarah Siddons or even a Metropolitan steamie I would classify as "significant" in my books :jester: .

Keith

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi all,

I have just found this thread.

When these models were released I didn't buy either of them. Does anyone have 20189 and/or 20227 as Limited Editions complete with certificates for sale? I would prefer them to be brand new and unused.

If so please could you message me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards,

Danny.

• RMweb Premium

I could be wrong but I'm not sure that they came with certificates.

Thank you very much for letting me know.

I just assumed that they did. If they don't then it's not applicable in my above post.

I would just like the Limited Edition certificates if they came with them.

• RMweb Premium

S & J Models has 20 189 for sale.

http://www.sandjmodelrailways.co.uk/90270/info.php?p=3&pno=2

I've no link with them, but they've always got plenty of stock listed.

Hi,

Thank you very much for letting me know.

I have just bought 20189.

Thank you very much for telling me. I really appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Danny.

• RMweb Gold

You'll be lucky!

I've been after it for ages to go with 20189, never bought it when it was released and now selling at a premium on the likes of eBay

As it happens i was in s and j yesterday morning and saw 189 on the shelf, of course had a look to see if it was the White one which unfortunatly it wasnt, I've paired mine up with a gbrf one for now

Edited by big jim

Apart from the Swanage 2013 gala and one or two light engine moves, I don't think 189/227 were paired that often, especially not on LU metals where the majority (all?) of their work was solo. They've worked together regularly on LU metals in the past but this was when 227 was in Railfreight and 189 in Green.

• RMweb Premium

You'll be lucky!

I've been after it for ages to go with 20189, never bought it when it was released and now selling at a premium on the likes of eBay

As it happens i was in s and j yesterday morning and saw 189 on the shelf, of course had a look to see if it was the White one which unfortunatly it wasnt, I've paired mine up with a gbrf one for now

I'm thinking the same Jim.

It seems to be that 20189 appears for sale sometimes but 20227 doesn't. I think I saw a 20227 model on Ebay for sale a few months ago but I reckon that's the only one I have seen for sale so far this year.

I'm thinking of buying 20118 to go with 20189 for the time been.

I knew that I should have bought these two when they were available at LTM for less than £100 each. I'm wanting to acquire them now more so because 20142 has received a new livery which I'm sure LTM will commission Bachmann to produce. It would be good to have all three.

• RMweb Premium

Apart from the Swanage 2013 gala and one or two light engine moves, I don't think 189/227 were paired that often, especially not on LU metals where the majority (all?) of their work was solo. They've worked together regularly on LU metals in the past but this was when 227 was in Railfreight and 189 in Green.

I have been thinking the same.

Looking at some photos of Flickr their aren't that many photos of 189 and 227 paired up together.

It would be nice to acquire both models and 20142 in it's new livery which I am sure LTM will commission Bachmann to produce at some stage.

• 1 month later...
Guest spet0114

Hi all,

Is anyone selling a brand new and unused Limited Edition 20227 by the London Transport Museum?

If so then please could you message me.

Kind Regards,

Danny.

One currently on eBay. Yours for 200 notes.

• 3 months later...

Hattons 'Sale':- Class 20 20189 in London Transport Red - Limited Edition for London Transport Museum - Pre-owned - weathered - gears slip at lower speeds - missing cab windows

Sounds like a pile of junk -no doubt it'll be on at some crazy price