Modelmaster Decals

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic service received from them today after ordering a pair of GWR cabsides yesterday afternoon.A discount of 20 % was had by putting APRILFIRST at the checkout too.

Same thing here, ordered a set of Merchant Navy nameplates, shed-code plates and some Southern decals on Friday, they turned up in the post on Saturday. That was with the above mentioned discount code.

• RMweb Gold

Intriguing - I made an order on the 18th, without the code, and yet to receive... my previous order had also taken a while. I'll chase them up

David

Give them 10 working days before phoning, it could well be that the plates are in the process of being made or painted.

Thanks - it's always a vague concern when there's a delay of that length. Has my order got lost? Is there a bigger problem with company? Etc. I'll give it a few more days and drop them a note. As you say, was probably not a stock item

David

• RMweb Gold

Thanks - it's always a vague concern when there's a delay of that length. Has my order got lost? Is there a bigger problem with company? Etc. I'll give it a few more days and drop them a note. As you say, was probably not a stock item

David

That's why I say give Jim 10 working days before you phone him. I did have one order disappear - then turn up and Jim phoned me to see if I still needed it (mentioned earlier in the thread)

• RMweb Gold

Sometimes if an item is out of stock but delivery imminent Jim has waited a few days to send them all together. On an occasion when there was going to be a delay Jim phoned me to tell me he would send the rest and to see if I wanted to wait until the missing item was available or if there was an alternative sheet with what I needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a couple of sets of mini-pack transfers from Modelmaster last week. The order arrived very quickly (within a couple of days), and seem to be very good value as well. I'll certainly be ordering from them again.

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Don't know whether or not it's me looking in the wrong place, but I'm sure Modelmasters used to sell smokebox numberplates for BR locos on their own (i.e. for unnamed locos), but I can't see them on the new web site.

• RMweb Gold

Don't know whether or not it's me looking in the wrong place, but I'm sure Modelmasters used to sell smokebox numberplates for BR locos on their own (i.e. for unnamed locos), but I can't see them on the new web site.

Narrow Planet do custom sets of BR smokebox and shed plates ( £2 in 4mm scale), and WR cab, smokebox and shed plate (£5 in 4mm scale). They also have an extensive range of customizable works, name and number plates, certainly worth a look. 

They are under decals and waterslide transfers. Work your way down through the menu and you will find sheets of replacement smokebox door numbers.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Narrow Planet do custom sets of BR smokebox and shed plates ( £2 in 4mm scale), and WR cab, smokebox and shed plate (£5 in 4mm scale). They also have an extensive range of customizable works, name and number plates, certainly worth a look. 

Thank you; I wasn't aware that Narrow Planet provided this service, I've never thought to look at their web site before.

They are under decals and waterslide transfers. Work your way down through the menu and you will find sheets of replacement smokebox door numbers.

I was rather thinking of the etched ones that they used to do, which I have used several times in the past.  I don't think I realised they did waterslide ones, but think etched would look better.  One of the models that I want a plate for (J52 68846) is currently running with a printed paper plate from the Pacific Models range which is quite good, but I intend to exchange it sooner or later for an etched one.

I believe they are going to put them back in the range.

The problem with Narrow Planet is that you could wait weeks to receive them if made to order. Try Fox, CGW, Phoenix or 247 Developments to see if they have the ones you want in stock.

Jason

Fox list both the ones I'm currently after (J52 68846 & J15 65930) so I'll probably order from them, it was just that I'd used Modelmaster ones in the past and been satisfied with them in terms of quality, price and service, and disappointed that they didn't seem to be in the range any longer.  247 Developments list 68846 but when I asked a while ago didn't actually have it in stock.  CGW certainly do 68846; I must admit I hadn't thought of them.

• RMweb Gold

I believe they are going to put them back in the range.

The problem with Narrow Planet is that you could wait weeks to receive them if made to order. Try Fox, CGW, Phoenix or 247 Developments to see if they have the ones you want in stock.

Jason

I don't really see it as a problem having to wait a reasonable time, my last order took just under 7 weeks. As several of the items ordered are not available elsewhere a wait of less than 2 months isn't too bad, but I guess it's all a matter of personal perspective.

I don't really see it as a problem having to wait a reasonable time, my last order took just under 7 weeks. As several of the items ordered are not available elsewhere a wait of less than 2 months isn't too bad, but I guess it's all a matter of personal perspective.

It all depends on what you want. If I was after Narrow Planet's rather fine worksplates or something unavailable elsewhere, then yes a couple of months isn't a problem. But if I was just after a smokebox plate to number a model and somebody else already makes them then I would order them from there. Often sent by return post.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 1