Kernow OO gauge PBA Clay Tiger hopper

DJM Dave

I phoned KMC today to enquire if my order was on its way or close, but was advised that the dispatch of gate stock was taking priority and the PBA werent going out until the new year!! So, if like me you are patiently waiting for your wagon orders, tough luck was the impression I got  :stinker:

Au contraire, placed an order online for 4 weathered ones (Id not pre-ordered them) and received them quite quickly

• RMweb Premium

Au contraire, placed an order online for 4 weathered ones (Id not pre-ordered them) and received them quite quickly

I wasnt fooled by the foboff - I was cheesed off with it and annoyed that those, who may not have pre-ordered, have got something ive waited for 6 years! The next thing Im expecting is for the wagons to go out of stock and be left without any and then have my nose rubbed in it by unscrupulous persons selling them on EBay for double the price.

Please dont think I dont understand that the retailer is busy with a whole load of orders to sort, but a sympathetic response to my enquiry would have been more acceptable than, what appears to be, a complete load of bulls**t.

I think what Kernow does is try to keep the day to day orders going whilst working through the backlog of pre-orders. If someone were to order something from Kernow and have to wait weeks, it would do Kernow’s reputation for prompt service no good at all. I realise it is frustrating to have to wait when someone appears to leapfrog the queue but I don’t know what the answer is. Kernow is a small outfit doing remarkable things.

I’m just a customer. I got my gate stock and my pristine china clay wagons promptly but I’m still waiting for my Bulleid diesels. I find that if I breathe deeply, it helps. :)

(I shall be waiting longer for my Fell & gas turbines.)

• RMweb Gold

Yep, its all swings and roundabouts. I got my Network South East 4-TC long before many others got theirs, got all my Gate Stock very quickly but now still waiting for my Bulleid diesel as well as the weathered PBAs.

Probably have to wait even more for the Bulleid diesel as I'm having sound fitted....

Keith

• RMweb Premium

I’d order another set if I were you and just return the pre-ordered ones.

That had occurred to me. Like ba14eagle I am also waiting on a preorder, just not one from 6 years ago. I understand and agree that Kernow are a small company and with that they have limitations on staff and space. Perhaps the answer is for them (and others) not to process any orders for an item until all the preorders are satisfied. In that way those that have been waiting the longest (and displayed most faith in the company) get their "reward" before any others. Any orders received whilst preorders were still to be processed would simply be treated as another preorder and added to the queue.

PJ10  

I wasnt fooled by the foboff - I was cheesed off with it and annoyed that those, who may not have pre-ordered, have got something ive waited for 6 years! The next thing Im expecting is for the wagons to go out of stock and be left without any and then have my nose rubbed in it by unscrupulous persons selling them on EBay for double the price.

Please dont think I dont understand that the retailer is busy with a whole load of orders to sort, but a sympathetic response to my enquiry would have been more acceptable than, what appears to be, a complete load of bulls**t.

I find with them it depends who you get on the phone. But bare in mind it is a busy time. Not defending them either, just a satisfied customer

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just checked the status of my order for two weathered ones 2E & 2H....and shown as order pending.

Still waiting to hear anything, the order was placed 31/03/2010.

So hoping that I am close to the top of the list of those awaiting despatch.

R

• RMweb Premium

Just checked the status of my order for two weathered ones 2E & 2H....and shown as order pending.

Still waiting to hear anything, the order was placed 31/03/2010.

So hoping that I am close to the top of the list of those awaiting despatch.

R

I received mine during the week before Christmas, so hopefully, you should receive yours soon. They are well worth the wait!

I was a bit cheesed off after waiting years to get some weathered examples to find (after internet access problems) on the 6th January 2018 that I had received an email giving me 2 weeks to confirm if I still wanted them. They did offer a £5 reduction if I replied before 31/12/2017 but after that they would assume I didn't want them no lee way for any circumstances preventing access to their communication -we wait years they give us 2 weeks not good customer service from a Company who are normally top drawer at customer service

I was a bit cheesed off after waiting years to get some weathered examples to find (after internet access problems) on the 6th January 2018 that I had received an email giving me 2 weeks to confirm if I still wanted them. They did offer a £5 reduction if I replied before 31/12/2017 but after that they would assume I didn't want them no lee way for any circumstances preventing access to their communication -we wait years they give us 2 weeks not good customer service from a Company who are normally top drawer at customer service

Was this due to your credit card having expired since ordering or are we all supposed to have received this e-mail?

• RMweb Premium

If you don't mind me asking what date did you receive your email?

R

Edited by rprodgers

• RMweb Premium

I can't recall as I deleted it after realising I was unable to reply as I had through no fault of mine exceeded the deadline. I think it was 17/12/2017

Thanks I haven't received an email so will be contacting Kernow  direct as ordered March 2010

R

Edited by rprodgers

• RMweb Premium

So you contacted them, explained the situation and got a suitable resolution, good isnt it this personal contact malarkey!

Well it did take a couple of emails from myself to sort out this "malarkey" ... by me chasing them up as I did not want to miss out.

Despite having ordered two in 2010 and them being shown on my account as pending ....unlike others here I had not been emailed.

In fact their reply to my first email had me down for 4

Anyway these things happen I am just grateful that it seems to be resolved and wish to thank Kernow for producing the Tigers.

R

Edited by rprodgers

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 26/12/2020 at 17:41, Grizz said:

My son has just bought me some of the re-released EFE Blue Imerys China clay hoppers for Christmas. Anyone know what the average number and maximum number of these wagons in any particular train??? and the flows? 

It depends on the portion of route - eg between Tavistock Jn and Newton Abbot, a 66 could take 6 or 7, but away from the banks, a train could be a lot bigger.

• Informative/Useful 1