A big milestone today - I've now transferred control of all the points laid so far at Porthmellyn Road - except the handpoints of course - to the lever frame.
The first job was to connect all the relevant terminals on the ASUs to the corresponding plug terminals. This was a simple although repetitive jobs, with 44 separate wires to be connected - 41 for the worked points and signals plus 3 for the +9/0/-9 V dc split potential supply. I loomed up the wires for each ASU, and for each terminal block, and also secured them loosely to one of the lever frame support bars so that when they are unplugged they don't flop around everywhere.
After that I transferred the wires from the temporary panel to the socket terminals. As part of this task I had to separate the connections to 18 and 31 points at the Up and Down ends respectively of the Down Goods Loop, which up to now had been joined so that both points operated together for convenience.
The split potential power inputs are temporary at this stage, which is why I didn't label them.They will remain temporary until the first stages of the Branch are built, when I will move all the power units to a permanent shelf instead of them sitting on top of one of the magazine shelves.
I haven't done anything with the Eemecks yet either. I will probably connect these to the plug terminals so that the work on the lever frame itself is complete even though there is still work to do on the connections to Paddington and Penzance (and, in the future, to St Enodoc). None of that matters in any case until I have built and installed some signals, which won't be until I've done some ballasting, which won't be until I've finished 27 and 29 points (the three-quarter scissors).