Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

Cheers Graig, although with nothing to run it on or anything else 7mm for that matter it could be a bit of a slow burner!!

Cheers

Psssst...Paul, wanna buy some track ? ..... My project isn't even a smoulder that's how slow I am ..... I only go to Jinty's to drool over his hand built track work, and drink his tea.

Craig

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It must be the Welsh air. After all Paul was near Gronant not long ago, Andy was on his jollies here last week and Larry lives here!!!!!!

Maybe that's why I turned too!!!! Oooooh something dark and sinister, Nah, it's just the inside of Talyllyn tunnel.

Joking aside, 7mm is an impressive scale to work in, not only that, but when you have locomotives RTR for less than £200 it becomes more affordable, and you need less of it too.

The kit building side is enjoyable to some including me, and the detail that can be incorporated is fantastic.

All in all I'm very happy I made the move to 7mm, and the skills shown by others on here are a great incentive to try harder.

Welcome to the fold Paul ;)

Jinty ;)

I can't wait to weather it as I've been longing to do something in 7mm for years, but I'm so used to 4mm everything else is scaring the life out of me an not jet the cost :(

You might be getting a lot of pm's asking stupid questions Jinty ;)

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Psssst...Paul, wanna buy some track ? ..... My project isn't even a smoulder that's how slow I am ..... I only go to Jinty's to drool over his hand built track work, and drink his tea.

Craig

I must really make an effort to get over and experience Jintys track in the flesh, thanks for the offer of the track Craig but I think I'll be building my own, something else I'm looking forward to, if I can come up with a small track plan that is if not the gronk will be sitting weathered on a shelf!

Cheers

I must really make an effort to get over and experience Jintys track in the flesh, thanks for the offer of the track Craig but I think I'll be building my own, something else I'm looking forward to, if I can come up with a small track plan that is if not the gronk will be sitting weathered on a shelf!

Cheers

Andrew p has already got a track plan mate in 9foot aswell

Come on mate your lagging :)

Brian

• Like 2

I ain't got me Loco yet Guys, this is all a Dream, hahahha :nono:

Jinty, keep this lot in order mate, your threads gone :offtopic: we need some more 08 and 25 inspiration please. :sarcastichand:

LOL Mr Peter's, at least this thread is talking about trackwork ... which is slightly on topic ... my topic went completely askew, with green & pink shield stamps etc .... where did that come from.

So back on topic Jints and I will be writing to Dapol & Heljan asking for some hefty discounts seeing as we two are to blame for the "weakness" off a few newbies joining this broad church ..... all hail the Dapol 08 the leader of all temptation that is. 7mm

Craig

Edited by muddys-blues

LOL Mr Peter's, at least this thread is talking about trackwork ... which is slightly on topic ... my topic went completely askew, with green & pink shield stamps etc .... where did that come from.

So back on topic Jints and I will be writing to Dapol & Heljan asking for some hefty discounts seeing as we two are to blame for the "weakness" off a few newbies joining this broad church ..... all hail the Dapol 08 the leader of all temptation that is. 7mm

Craig

I believe Knighthoods are to be bestowed in the New Years Honours List for you both. :O

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today and all I can say is holy :O :o : O :O its huge!!

Didn't quite realise how big 7mm is but what an amazing model, might have to take a trip to Wales once it's weathered so it can have a run out ;)

Cheers

• Like 3

Didn't quite realise how big 7mm is but what an amazing model, might have to take a trip to Wales once it's weathered so it can have a run out ;)

Cheers

Nice one Paul, what colour is yours? :O (oooo aaagh misis.) :nono:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Nice one Paul, what colour is yours? :O (oooo aaagh misis.) :nono:

Br blue Andy pre-tops :imsohappy:  could do with a green one now though an those Heljan 37's look nice, have you seen the new Peak there going to release........

What's happening to me :O  :no2:  :dontknow:

Cheers

Yes Paul, the size is impressive isn't it?

I've got to weather mine as well, but I've got quite a bit of stuff on at the moment, so it'll have to take a back seat.

I have an un-numbered green with wasp stripes one on order as well, and that one will be for Talyllyn with the 25/1.

Jinty ;)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Yes Paul, the size is impressive isn't it?

I've got to weather mine as well, but I've got quite a bit of stuff on at the moment, so it'll have to take a back seat.

I have an un-numbered green with wasp stripes one on order as well, and that one will be for Talyllyn with the 25/1.

Jinty ;)

What impresses me is the fact you don't have to remove the body to fit the decoder or speaker, yes I'm easily pleased :sungum:

• Like 1

While convalescing yesterday I watched some video I shot at Holyhead, the first time I've seen it apart from early rushes back in the early 1990's. An 08 is moving empty stock and for a moment I wondered what one might be like at Oswestry. Then I considered the din of a Gronk in my shed and it wouldn't compare with the gentle simmering of a Pannier....  :no:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

While convalescing yesterday I watched some video I shot at Holyhead, the first time I've seen it apart from early rushes back in the early 1990's. An 08 is moving empty stock and for a moment I wondered what one might be like at Oswestry. Then I considered the din of a Gronk in my shed and it wouldn't compare with the gentle simmering of a Pannier....  :no:

Stop making excuses you know you want one ;)

There's been a bit of a co*k up somewhere with Dapol and Tutbury Models hasn't had it's delivery yet, despite being a Gold Star Dealer, so I'm a bit concerned that I'll dip out if I don't get one this week. There should be a Blue one for me (3 x Blue and 2 x Black on order for the Shop) plus a spare Black one from a cancelled order that I was going to take up. I've also ordered a Green with Stripes so I can ring the Changes and the Green and Black will both work with the Green 25. Just need something to partner the Blue Baby now, I've tried to find a 20 or 26 to no avail so it may have to be another 25, as a 37 / 47 will look a bit big going around the curve inside the Shed with a Co-Co Bogie

Now then Young Paul, don't give in to temptation, well O.K maybe just a little bit, but look what's happened to me since visiting Wales, and you live nearer to the border, very dangerous matey.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There's been a bit of a co*k up somewhere with Dapol and Tutbury Models hasn't had it's delivery yet, despite being a Gold Star Dealer, so I'm a bit concerned that I'll dip out if I don't get one this week. There should be a Blue one for me (3 x Blue and 2 x Black on order for the Shop) plus a spare Black one from a cancelled order that I was going to take up. I've also ordered a Green with Stripes so I can ring the Changes and the Green and Black will both work with the Green 25. Just need something to partner the Blue Baby now, I've tried to find a 20 or 26 to no avail so it may have to be another 25, as a 37 / 47 will look a bit big going around the curve inside the Shed with a Co-Co Bogie

Now then Young Paul, don't give in to temptation, well O.K maybe just a little bit, but look what's happened to me since visiting Wales, and you live nearer to the border, very dangerous matey.

I'm tempted with a green 37 I've got till April to save up then :O think I'm hooked, bring on the track building!!

Cheers

• Like 2

I was instructed by the house manager that if I wanted to bring some of my modelling into the dining room table, I needed to purchase a cutting mat for my modelling!!

Off quickly to that on line auction site that has hoards of modelling wares and goods to wrench my wallet open for me.

After a perusal for some time, being diverted by the lure of an Olfa cutter and blades, I finally settled on a supplier who offered free delivery and a very reasonable sub £12 figure for purchase. I received a card through the door today from our postman, saying the package was too big, which sounded strange, because other than the mat, I'd only ordered some milling bits, and they's fit through my letterbox as well as would an A4 cutting mat!!!

Off I went to our local sorting office, card in hand and ID ready, where I received a tube about two foot long and about 6" in diameter. I was puzzled, but I bet you've all worked out what was in the package, haven't you?

Home and unwrapped, holy sh1t!!!!!

I am now the proud owner of an A1 cutting mat, which I believe I could conduct engine rebuilds on or even my exercise routines in front of the TV in the mornings with Mad Lizzie!!!!

What the hell do I do with this monster? Do I cut it into smaller pieces? use it as lino in the garage? I'll have to ponder some on this, as I'm still recovering from the shock!

Moral of the story, double check the drop down listings on your purchase, but by the same token, an A1 cutting mat (estimate about 3' x 2') is great value at less than £12 including free p&p.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

David,

Use it! By the time you've got a bit of plate glass, and three half-built sub assemblies, and all the necessary tools, and about one third of the unnecessary tools on it, you'll be like the rest of us, modelling in a postage-stamp-sized corner of your exercise mat...

It is indeed great value. When I need to replace mine, I'll ask...

BTW, when it says "self healing", they don't seem to recover from the Dremel (or the cook's blowtorch). I did consider asking for a refund... :)

Best

Simon