Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

I think you are onto a winner here mate, The only thing I am not sure about is the short brake van siding. 

You have a nice scenic break between the layout and fiddleyard too. 

All the best with this one, Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, yes I've ordered a Point this morning to turn that siding around as a Departure Siding for the Brake Van and 5 Wagons, (the Max Train Length) and I may put a bridge to hide the start of the Fiddle Yard.

• Like 2

So pleased with the Ixion Hudswell Clark that I've Pre Ordered an 8750 Pannier this morning from Chris. I had the Bachmann Brassworks one on St Budoc / Trebudoc, so now looking forward to getting my hands in this later in the year.

These two pics were taken on my St Budoc Layout back in 2009

post-9335-0-36161300-1484565533_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-97114200-1484565641_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

Hi Peter, yes I've ordered a Point this morning to turn that siding around as a Departure Siding for the Brake Van and 5 Wagons, (the Max Train Length) and I may put a bridge to hide the start of the Fiddle Yard.

Hi Andy,

I think that would work, bridge idea sounds good too.

Oh and that low level shot of 3635 is just superb.

Cheers Peter.

I've made a start on the wiring this morning and most is wired up, but I'll wait until the Point arrives in order to re do the Departure Siding before doing any more.

The Coal Siding is wired through a two way switch and is isolated so that it can act as a Programing Track as well, so I can drive a Loco into there, and switch over to programing to carry out any work on it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Peter,

Arghh! Wish id know before you ordered the point, I've a new Peco L/H and R/H O gauge here that I bought a few years ago and never used! Been meaning to put them on eBay but not got round to it, could done a good deal with you on that!

Rich

Hi Peter,

Arghh! Wish id know before you ordered the point, I've a new Peco L/H and R/H O gauge here that I bought a few years ago and never used! Been meaning to put them on eBay but not got round to it, could done a good deal with you on that!

Rich

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I mentioned it last night that I needed one, BU66ER :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:

I've just phoned Tower and it's been dispatched, AAAAAGGGGGHHhAHhhhhhhhh :scared:  :triniti:  

I'm sure someone will find a good home for them Rich.

• RMweb Gold

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I mentioned it last night that I needed one, BU66ER :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:

I've just phoned Tower and it's been dispatched, AAAAAGGGGGHHhAHhhhhhhhh :scared:  :triniti:  

I'm sure someone will find a good home for them Rich.

Sods law isn't it ... it must be the first evening in ages I've not looked at Beale Street before switching the iPad off and heading to bed :( Sorry mate.  Never mind .... I'll keep me trap shut next time lol ;)  :jester:

Still you might feel the urge to add another siding before midnight ;)

RIch

Hi Andy

I got a shock when I first saw you modelling O gauge. I suspect you won't be the only one to start building a 7mm layout following the arrival of the Dapol 08.

I've been lurking here since ordering my 08, but missed Beale St as you started the new Iayout while I was away at the end of 2016. I've since spent a few days reading through all 31 pages as you're building something very similar to what I have in mind.

Ultimately I'll be limited to about 9ft with an 08 and preferably a Class 26 with 12-15 wagons plus a brake. Unfortunately the blue/Rf grey 26 is no longer available.

The planning and building of Beale St, along with the info and advice from other contributors, is providing me with plenty of ideas and inspiration.

Now following... keep up the good work.

Regards

Alan    

• Like 1

Hi Andy

I got a shock when I first saw you modelling O gauge. I suspect you won't be the only one to start building a 7mm layout following the arrival of the Dapol 08.

I've been lurking here since ordering my 08, but missed Beale St as you started the new Iayout while I was away at the end of 2016. I've since spent a few days reading through all 31 pages as you're building something very similar to what I have in mind.

Ultimately I'll be limited to about 9ft with an 08 and preferably a Class 26 with 12-15 wagons plus a brake. Unfortunately the blue/Rf grey 26 is no longer available.

The planning and building of Beale St, along with the info and advice from other contributors, is providing me with plenty of ideas and inspiration.

Now following... keep up the good work.

Regards

Alan    

Hi Alan, good to see you posting and thanks for your comments.

All the best with your project, there are some cracking small Layouts on here to view and get ideas from, so all the best.

Despite spending most of the Day on Bristol Victoria I did manage to fit the New Point that arrived this morning from Blackpool, I'm really pleased with how it's gone in and I also had time for a little PLAY as well.

post-9335-0-43019400-1484673667_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-96285900-1484673713_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07379500-1484673755_thumb.jpg

A bit more testing over the next week and then sort out the Point Motors.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Got to say I've enjoyed the process of watching the layout develop, very entertaining indeed. Did you consider making your own points at all?

May have missed it but the fiddle yard the side of the plank, that isn't it's own inglenook shunting puzzle as well is it?

Edited by maq1988

Hi Alan, good to see you posting and thanks for your comments.

All the best with your project, there are some cracking small Layouts on here to view and get ideas from, so all the best.

Thanks Andy - I've been looking at some of the other small layouts which is how I suddenly noticed Beale St and instantly recognised its creator :)

I'm hoping to get the new n gauge layout 90% complete by summer and will then start some serious planning. Any plans for a 00 layout will be put on hold as I'm keen to start playing with the 08. I never thought I'd have the opportunity to model in 7mm until Dapol produced their 08. When I saw the price I dithered for a couple of days then couldn't resist pre-ordering a blue one. 

In the near future I'll probably start by ordering a few wagon kits ... a 20t brake, a couple of 12t vanwides and maybe a VAA or OAA.

It's going to be expensive, but seeing all the new stock arriving at Beale St is making me very envious... :cry:

Alan 

Edited by 60091
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well Alan, Beale Street seems to have inspired you.  With your multi-interest you can have 'O' gauge near ,'OO' in mid space and 'N' in the distance - giving 'perfect perspective' ... all you will need is enough space!

Peter

• Like 1

Thanks Andy - I've been looking at some of the other small layouts which is how I suddenly noticed Beale St and instantly recognised its creator :)

I'm hoping to get the new n gauge layout 90% complete by summer and will then start some serious planning. Any plans for a 00 layout will be put on hold as I'm keen to start playing with the 08. I never thought I'd have the opportunity to model in 7mm until Dapol produced their 08. When I saw the price I dithered for a couple of days then couldn't resist pre-ordering a blue one. 

In the near future I'll probably start by ordering a few wagon kits ... a 20t brake, a couple of 12t vanwides and maybe a VAA or OAA.

It's going to be expensive, but seeing all the new stock arriving at Beale St is making me very envious... :cry:

Alan 

I've got 4 Parkside Kits under the Bench waiting to be built, I used to take a couple away on Holiday with me for the evenings whilst the Wife was watching TV. But these will get done soon, and I'm looking forward to doing them.

I need to dig the Blue 08 out and give that another run, otherwise it'll feel neglected. hahahha.

• Like 1

Great progress Andy. I am really enjoying your thread and watching your layout grow.

Rod

Thanks very much Rod, now the Track is laid, (for the final time) I should get on with the actual scenic once the Point Motors have gone in this week.

Got to say I've enjoyed the process of watching the layout develop, very entertaining indeed. Did you consider making your own points at all?

May have missed it but the fiddle yard the side of the plank, that isn't it's own inglenook shunting puzzle as well is it?

Hi maq1988, I've built Points in OO, but I like to see the Chairs and grain in the Sleepers in O Gauge so I stick to Peco.

The Main Yard is designed for an Inglenook Shunting Puzzle but I must Restrict myself to a max of 2 Wagons on the Plank for shunting, as in a restricted Inglenook Layout. The Fiddle Yard will also act as one at that end as well.

The Plan is for 8 wagons in the Fiddle Yard, select 5 from Playing Cards, laid out in order and then shunt that Yard to make a 5 Wagon Train up.

Take that Train to the Main Yard, where there is 3 more Wagons waiting in Sidings.

Once there that will give me 8 Wagons at that end.

Shuffle the 8 Cards and select 5 again and make the Train up in the correct by shunting before going back to the other end.

Then the process starts again.

From 11 Wagons, getting Trains of 5 Wagons in the same order would be almost impossible, then each time, the Shunter has to re arrange them which is very time consuming.

BUT ENJOYABLE.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Cheers for the descriptive reply Andrew, one more question though - if trains leave the main yard with the loco facing the fiddle yard (as to arrive to FY loco first), how do you shunt the fiddle yard with the loco?

It might be the way I'm viewing it - but wouldn't the loco need to be at the 'Beale Street' end as for the plank to act as a short headshunt?

Edited by maq1988

Cheers for the descriptive reply Andrew, one more question though - if trains leave the main yard with the loco facing the fiddle yard (as to arrive to FY loco first), how do you shunt the fiddle yard with the loco?

It might be the way I'm viewing it - but wouldn't the loco need to be at the 'Beale Street' end as for the plank to act as a short headshunt?

The 08 from the Main yard will go down and probably pull the Stock off the Loco and put it into the other two Sidings, 4 in each to release the Train Engine.

• Like 3

Andy, this must just be your best ever picture ever. It captures that sleepy WR branch-line look - full of railway atmosphere and totally effective.

attachicon.gifDSCF1042.jpg

Well thanks you Peter, very kind of you to say so, I must admit when I first saw it on the computer I was disappointed that it was out of Focus, but now I think that adds to the atmosphere of the Shot and Location.