Seen at Warley

Andy Y

OMG, an RMweb punch-up in the NEC car park. Might be a hit on youtube!Edited to circumvent annoying expletive censorship

There'd probably be a few tender behinds !

• RMweb Gold

a thread wanting to debate Bachmann's lack of produce has already been shut down.

Makes you wonder...

Doesn't make me wonder at all. Doesn't Bachmann announce their new stuff in March? So there wouldn't be anything to announce at Warley at all, and there is no point in talking about it.

Doesn't make me wonder at all. Doesn't Bachmann announce their new stuff in March? So there wouldn't be anything to announce at Warley at all, and there is no point in talking about it.

The thrust of that thread to me was the lack of progress updates on some items which are either expected relatively soon (e.g. are there final livery samples?) plus how have things moved on with some items which have been long announced but on which there seems little if any progress, e.g. the 158 and 90?

It is a question in which I think a lot people would genuinely be interested in the answer, to that end did anyone put it to Bachmann at the show itself?

I could imagine a confrontation along the line of spaghetti westerns.

"So you reckon Bachmann has missed out on makin' an announcement this Warley son?"

"Reckon so."

"You reckon Hornby took all the limelight and they should've left some for big Bach?"

"Dunno about that, just seems the Bach boys are mighty shy this show. Guess they're scared how the Horny horn boys are shapin' up lately."

"Looks like that's their problem, boy."

"You wanna go for your Nerf gun?"

"OK Draw!"

This could run and run, anyone want to compete the saga...

Guest Midland Mole

I was generally impressed by the things I saw on the manufactures stands today.

Hornby was very impressive. Not the new announcements, could not care less about those personally, but seeing the B12, Pecket & Merchant Navy classes in the flesh made me smile.

Bachmann was pretty good, despite the fact the juiciest models were locked away in the 'Collectors Club' area.

Not much for me at Dapol, but quite liked the GWR railcars.

Heljan....meh

Oxford was a must to see the Dean Goods, and it did not disappoint (in my opinion). Also liked the one they had at the Locomotion stand.

Rapido was a short visit but did like the US F40 in Amtrak livery. (I can be a sucker for modern USA locos)

Peco was a real must see purely for the Bullhead track, and it lived up to my hopes. This is definitely what I will use for Worcester Midland Shed. :)

But the main attraction for me was the GNR Stirling Single on the Locomotion stand. Despite being an early sample...WOW did it look good close up! Really cant wait for that to come out, and according to the chap on the Rapido stand they are hoping for September next year.

After taking all that in and looking at some fantastic layouts, I can happily say that I thoroughly enjoyed the Warley show this year. Now I just need to promise to not go next year.... :D

- Alex

• RMweb Gold

They are in the Bullhead track thread and the one Andy snapped Friday night first page in this thread.

Thanks Paul, I saw his photos. I just wondered if Peco had more than just that one on the stand.  :)

Kind regards,

Nick.

For all those Modernists ..... Messrs Hornby stand

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

And at the risk of starting another discussion ( please not here, there's plenty going on elsewhere)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Just purely for info you understand:)

is this still Hornby or the Oxford Rail stand?   just looking at the silver Mk3 coach in the background thinking its possibly a new Mk3a from Hornby?

• RMweb Premium

Is there a list anywhere of all the wagons TMC have commissioned? I can't find anything with a Google search.

According to TMC's Facebook page, a list will be produced early this coming week.

Apart from the double bolster, the Cycle van and what looks like the Ale van can be seen in the back ground in post 294 on the Warley NEC Exhibition thread, I suspect most of the exclusives may well be reliveries or tweakings like the Sugar Covhops.

I could imagine a confrontation along the line of spaghetti westerns.

"So you reckon Bachmann has missed out on makin' an announcement this Warley son?"

"Reckon so."

"You reckon Hornby took all the limelight and they should've left some for big Bach?"

"Dunno about that, just seems the Bach boys are mighty shy this show. Guess they're scared how the Horny horn boys are shapin' up lately."

"Looks like that's their problem, boy."

"You wanna go for your Nerf gun?"

"OK Draw!"

This could run and run, anyone want to compete the saga...

NO

• RMweb Premium

is this still Hornby or the Oxford Rail stand?   just looking at the silver Mk3 coach in the background thinking its possibly a new Mk3a from Hornby?

No, that Mk3 coach in the background is on Oxford Rail's stand.

John

I meet Phil @ Warley and saw the micro roundy roundy layout. I've never used Kato track, and wanted to look at the point, as the mag shots don't include it.

Incidentally I've recently seen a video from Model Railroaded where they added a thin layer of stone ballast over Kato track.

Julie

I meet Phil @ Warley and saw the micro roundy roundy layout. I've never used Kato track, and wanted to look at the point, as the mag shots don't include it.

Incidentally I've recently seen a video from Model Railroaded where they added a thin layer of stone ballast over Kato track.

Julie

Another way of disguising the Kato track bed is underlay cork, the type with a chambered edge. That will butt up against track bed to provide a level surrounding area. 

EP, can someone clarify what an EP is?

I am of to Falkirk this year with Perth MRC but hope to be at Warley next year.

If I see any EPs at Falkirk, (once I know what they are) I will let you know. Look forward to seeing more posts from Warley.

I've got a couple of Acker Bilk EP's somewhere, they are Extended Play 45rpm records with two tracks on each side. Now I'm really showing my age! Thanks for all the pictures of Warley folks.

Archived