Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

• 1 month later...
On 14/05/2019 at 18:20, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Charlie,

A very sensible approach and quite right delaying it to get it right. 

Now wheres my 156! :P

Seriously the Scotrail sound fitted pair I have already are simply superb and the Provincial one holds excitement simply for the fact I remember getting my Lima one for my Birthday way back when they first came out when I was 10, and it was a cracking model for its time.

Hopefully see you at Perth

all the best

Mark

Will be avaiable at St Andrews Show in very limited numbers, 'see you there'   Charlie

• Like 1

On 01/05/2019 at 14:35, charliepetty said:

Please note:   The East Midlands Trains Class 156s are running out, so please do not leave it long as you might end up paying 'Ebay Prices' as when they are gone, they are gone.

Do not say I did not warn you.     Charlie

PPS Hattons and Rails of Sheffield still have a few left too!

Hattons EMT Cab.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello 156 fans!

You will be able to see and hear Charlie and Arrans excellent First Scotrail Barbie liveried unit in action on Rannoch at St Andrews show on the 17th/18th August at St Andrews town hall. 

PS you might even see Charlie playing trains on the layout! (Remember the 8f last time)

hope to to see some of you at the show

thanks

Mark

4 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hello 156 fans!

You will be able to see and hear Charlie and Arrans excellent First Scotrail Barbie liveried unit in action on Rannoch at St Andrews show on the 17th/18th August at St Andrews town hall. 

PS you might even see Charlie playing trains on the layout! (Remember the 8f last time)

hope to to see some of you at the show

thanks

Mark

Provincial 156 & Class 26s would look nice on the layout!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 00:35, charliepetty said:

The units have 2 X 21Pin MTC Decoders on the lighting unit along with Pre-Fitted speakers.

ALL Class 156 Units will have twin speakers pre-fitted on all types (DC, DCC Non Sound or DCC Sound) The DCC Sound is from Legomanbiffo on V4 Select decoders.

These Sound decoders operate the following features:

Day Time running (Lights)

Night Time Running (Lights)

Parking Red at both ends (Lights)

Passenger Lights (With Flicker on switch on)

Destination Blind Light

Cab Light ((Switchable or Automatic) IE Driving cab only fades when the unit moves off !!

Bodyside Door Opening/Shutting Lights (Tear unit has delay as guard checkes other doors) As per the prototype.

2 X Playable Horns (At Drivers end only)

1 X 'Right Away' Whistle (At Rear end only)

Two Engine Start up (Designed to go out of sinc with each other)

Door Closing Bleepers. (In conjunction with door lights)

BSI Coupling Up

BSI Uncoupling

Toilet Flushing !!

Variable Flange Squeel (speed dependant)

Air Conditioning/Heating Sounds

Wabasto Carriage Heating Unit (F21)

Brake Dump

Playable Brake (F5)

Drivers Door

Guard to Driver Buzzer

Track Detonators (3 Bang Stop) Adjust's with speed of unit !

Cab Light Switch On/Off

16 Different Destination Announcements (Programable)

Sorry if I have forgotten any.     Charlie

I do tend to query the driver/guard buzzer, drivers door/toilet flushing on sound schemes as from the normal viewing distance, ie from the level of about the third floor of a building opposite, through the closed door of the train it would be inaudible. I do like the detonator sound though thats a good idea.

Thus in any layout I work it would be unused. Fair play to you if you do use it, as ultimately rule #1 always applies on any layout.

I would want front only/rear only lights for consist running as the intermediate lights would be unlit whilst coupled

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver

22 hours ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

I do tend to query the driver/guard buzzer, drivers door/toilet flushing on sound schemes as from the normal viewing distance, ie from the level of about the third floor of a building opposite, through the closed door of the train it would be inaudible. I do like the detonator sound though thats a good idea.

Thus in any layout I work it would be unused. Fair play to you if you do use it, as ultimately rule #1 always applies on any layout.

I would want front only/rear only lights for consist running as the intermediate lights would be unlit whilst coupled

Anyone want to get a feel of our Class 156, then take a look at this.   

32 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Anyone want to get a feel of our Class 156, then take a look at this.   

That does look very nice, I remember those on the Brighton/Portsmouth to Cardiff run after they displaced the 33 and mk1 hauled sets. Originally they were worked by class 155s but they soon had a lot of problems with the doors so 156s were brought in to cover. They were so sleek too, nice long coaches and rapid acceleration. If Rapido/Railtrack bring out an original Provincial liveried variant I might be persuaded to jump forward a few years to accommodate one. I do love the compressor speedup plus the guards light delay there. Like I said earlier from that viewing distance things like the on board announcements and the guard to driver buzzers would be inaudible so I would probably not use them but as rule #1 says, it's your railway so...

All in all that looks like a truly gorgeous model, it's just out of my  era and region unless I'm modelling 1986 Hampshire with a parked 155 on a dummy road. No reason I can;t make a 1986 plank though. I think I just saw smoke coming from my wallet as it fled.

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver

1 hour ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

If Rapido/Railtrack bring out an original Provincial liveried variant I might be persuaded to jump forward a few years to accommodate one. I do love the compressor speedup plus the guards light delay there. Like I said earlier from that viewing distance things like the on board announcements and the guard to driver buzzers would be inaudible so I would probably not use them but as rule #1 says, it's your railway so...

All in all that looks like a truly gorgeous model, it's just out of my  era and region unless I'm modelling 1986 Hampshire with a parked 155 on a dummy road. No reason I can;t make a 1986 plank though. I think I just saw smoke coming from my wallet as it fled.

It's the next release, available to pre-order on their website.  I can't wait for mine...

• RMweb Gold

When new 156’s were everywhere.

they took on everything..

west highland, highland, far north (even when there was a bridge missing), s&c..

then they showed up on exotic new routes around Manchester.., like Barrow & Blackpool to Norwich..., Cardiff to Portsmouth, usually 2car, occasionally 4 car rammed to the rafters and hopelessly under capacity.

the build quality between a 156 and a 158 was obvious from day 1...

a 156 felt torque, big windows, solid chassis, and obvious things like tables aligned to windows.

158’s came in, gearbox revving engines, introduced plastic fittings, tip up trays, airline seats, tinted windows, the two folding plug doors felt clunky to the 156’s sliding single.. though 158’s did give us mobile phones... they were the first train I recall with a phone booth installed, not that it worked on Scottish highland services.

however both were guilty of replacing the British Rail buffet, serving tomato butties and microwaved burgers, with a Ginsters pasty served by a trolley dolly and an airline style catering buggy... not sure if this was a backwards or a forwards step. However both spelt the end for carrying bicycles (or parcels) by rail.

Edited by adb968008

4 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

When new 156’s were everywhere.

they took on everything..

west highland, highland, far north (even when there was a bridge missing), s&c..

then they showed up on exotic new routes around Manchester.., like Barrow & Blackpool to Norwich..., Cardiff to Portsmouth.

the build quality between a 156 and a 158 was obvious from day 1...

a 156 felt torque, big windows, solid chassis, and obvious things like tables aligned to windows.

158’s came in, introduced plastic fittings, tip up trays, airline seats, tinted windows, the two folding plug doors felt clunky to the 156’s sliding single.. though 158’s did give us mobile phones... they were the first train I recall with a phone booth installed, not that it worked on Scottish highland services.

however both were guilty of replacing the British Rail buffet, serving tomato butties and microwaved burgers, with a Ginsters pasty served by a trolley dolly and an airline style catering buggy.

Heh the dreaded British Rail sandwich. I do miss them. Yes I used to have to travel to Worthing to catch the Cardiff train back then as that was the first stop out of Brighton at the time. It was either that or travel to Portsmouth and Southsea and change there, at that time there were 156s stabled at Fratton depot while the 155s had modifications to their doors. The line from Fratton to St Denys wasn't electrified until 1990 either so later changes at Southampton were not practical, although that would have allowed a Thumper ride as a bonus. The 156s were sent north after that and after the 155s were rebuilt then the Brighton to Bristol/Cardiff became operated with 158s, although now 150s turn up on occasion. One of them was 150002, the former 154 so maybe not such a bad thing, as long as your journey is not too long lol

23 hours ago, 43078shildoncountydurham said:

I gather Charlie we will get an e mail to settle up money owed from our deposits...

Can’t bloody wait they look brilliant 

Regards 

Craig

Non DCC Customers have all been contacted (I Think) !!!!!    These are going out as I speak.

We are waiting for sound decoders at the moment.   Charlie

12 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Non DCC Customers have all been contacted (I Think) !!!!!    These are going out as I speak.

Nope, I ordered mine (RT156-313) on the 6th of June 2017 and I haven’t received any email and it’s not in my spam folder either! It’s order id #88 with a £50 deposit paid.

EDIT: I went to the website and saw the details for pre-ordered sets on there so I’ve just paid the remainder of the balance :)

Edited by 37081LochLong

On 27/08/2019 at 22:30, 37081LochLong said:

Nope, I ordered mine (RT156-313) on the 6th of June 2017 and I haven’t received any email and it’s not in my spam folder either! It’s order id #88 with a £50 deposit paid.

EDIT: I went to the website and saw the details for pre-ordered sets on there so I’ve just paid the remainder of the balance :)

I also haven't received an e-mail, nothing in spam folder.  £50 deposit paid November 27th, 2017, order number 345, 1 x RT156-314, non-sound.  I also need to change my delivery address.

5 minutes ago, arran said:

HI All

I take it you have have phoned realtrack to explain this ?

Regards Arran

Just sent an e-mail via the website as there's a few things I need to check.  Useful to alert others here though who don't realise they should have been e-mailed.

• Thanks 1